Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Bucket List When is enough

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  19Delta 
#1 ·
When and What will be your last mod i keep think its just right and see something new and im off again but for now its a Pro Charger

#2 ·
the trick with a mod list is dont get carried away... at shows all the time people will have their future plans and most are "Twin Trubo" or "Built Engine" then they know thats never going to happen due to how much it will cost... its just a dream or something FAR down the line.

Another thing is to build the car, in the right order, to get what you WANT out of it... not everyone wants a 2000 rwhp drag car, some want handling and near stock power etc etc. You dont need to build nor can you build a car that does everything great.

#3 ·
I don't think I'll ever reach the "last" mod stage. I've had the car since March of 05, and I only have exhaust and a CAI, the rest is appearance stuff. Being that I'm in school and constantly have stuff to pay for doesn't allow me to mod the car as much as I want to, so I think it'll be a while before I reach that point.

A nice 250-300 rwhp out of the car would be good for me. Mods necessary to reach those numbers probably won't come until after I'm out of school.

For this summer, the last mods will probably be small interior billet accessories, maybe caliper paint.

#5 ·
my future plans are not certain~ I know I want to drop the IRS and replace all bushings and such. Thats about it for suspension as I dont autox so I dont need much else than what I have (or will have with new bushings)

As far as power, a pulley/tune or I might save up for a whipple/KB if I take the stock blower off i want to swap to a better one.

#13 ·
#7 ·
really the last mod is the one you do before you next mod... why would you sell the car?

#8 ·
My last mod will be refreshing the stock block .020 over and increasing the displacement to 302 I believe....and also a complete repaint of the car while the motor is out.

My todo list is getting shorter and shorter finally.

#10 ·
I'm repainting it to fix the **** ass paint job that ford put on it and to cover areas ford decided to save money by not painting...and to fix the stone chips and everything. It will be staying the same color. I will probably paint my light bar to match the car when I do it as well. Seen some pics of that, and I must say it looks amazing.

#11 ·
well i have done nothing to ma car yet ive only had it for about 3 months
the only thing coming is a new paint job and gt hood scoop
after that idk,i have a son on the way hes about a month away so there goes all my $ but i would like to have my v6 where i can win street races and good 13 sec car....but idk if i should even put money into it because it already has 100,700k miles on it ???? :uhh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.