Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Electronics problems

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  mrjones3133 
#1 ·
:disgust:

Okay so I have TWO failed oxygen sensors on my 01 sixer. How does this happen simultaneously??? What may have cause it so I can go ahead and fix it? I've already bought two new sensors.

Also, my parking break warning light comes on whenever I give the car some gas or hit my regular breaks. Why??? what do I need to fix here?

Any help is appreciated.

#2 ·
it might be the sensor that checks the oxygen sensors or the actual sensors

I would see if the new sensors work and remove the light undo the negative battery terminal for a bit while you do the work so the computer resets

the parking brake light comes on probably due to your brake fluid is low this is probably true since when you hit the gas it comes on, mine did this after I bleed my brakes and forgot to top off the fluid (do not overfill fluid fill it to the fill line)

#4 ·
I replaced one sensor, but the Bosch sensor i got to go on the passenger side cat converter was too long? It got stuck between the cat and the trans pan. I tried bending the exhaust a lil but it STILL was about a half inch too long? The light went off, even though the code it was throwing said both of them had failed. Anyways, I think I'm good.

The brake light was because of low fluid, I think its leaking on the rear passenger wheel:disgust:

anyways, thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.