Headgasket problems...I think... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-23-2005, 10:51 PM   #1

Headgasket problems...I think...

Hey everyone, never posted on this stang site before, but looks like you all know a thing or two about stangs. I have a 94 and just did a complete headgasket job about 6 months ago. I think I have a headgasket leak again, I have to get a compression tester just to make sure though. Anyways, if it turns out that it needs replacing again do you think I should just get new heads since I had to grind down the current ones a lot? And if I do go with new heads, would it be worth it to bring it somewhere to get it ported and polished? If I do that, I think Ill port and polish the intake too. Im just trying to get some more power out of a stock block.

Thanks guys!
CloudStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2005, 11:06 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudStrike
Hey everyone, never posted on this stang site before, but looks like you all know a thing or two about stangs. I have a 94 and just did a complete headgasket job about 6 months ago. I think I have a headgasket leak again, I have to get a compression tester just to make sure though. Anyways, if it turns out that it needs replacing again do you think I should just get new heads since I had to grind down the current ones a lot? And if I do go with new heads, would it be worth it to bring it somewhere to get it ported and polished? If I do that, I think Ill port and polish the intake too. Im just trying to get some more power out of a stock block.

Thanks guys!
What you can do is order a set of heads and intakes from http://www.rpm-mustangs.com and have them put on your stang.

You can purchase all the gaskets you will need from him and then just have someone install them

You will get much better head gaskets (99+ Gaskets) and much better flowing heads and intakes. You can even order a cam from him if you would like since you will have the topend off the car.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 11:32 PM   #3

would it be worth it thought? Or since it is the second time Ive been through this swap should I just sell it or just swap to 4.2? WHen I had the job done before, I used 99+ gaskets too, so I dont know why its doing it again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2005, 11:44 PM   #4
Regular

Quote:
would it be worth it thought? Or since it is the second time Ive been through this swap should I just sell it or just swap to 4.2? WHen I had the job done before, I used 99+ gaskets too, so I dont know why its doing it again.
If you buy heads from him you should get them machined and assembled buy him and then shipped to you.

Price: $715.00(without core) is for Basic Head Porting, Upgraded Valve Springs(.510 lift), Resurfacing of the heads, 3-Angle Valve Job, and replacing the guides. This will basically insure you a perfect seal with your gaskets and no leaks.

Then you can order his intakes and a cam:

Lower Intake: $200.00 (without core)
Upper Intake: $150.00 (without core)

Cam: Talk to him about it. He can spec you out one or suggest one he has in stock.

If you email him at sales@rpm-mustangs.com with the above information he will get you a final price for everything you are going to need for the swap.

Let me know if you have any more questions

Reddit
Old 04-24-2005, 11:56 AM   #5

If it turns out my heads are shot, Im getting them from him. But my other question was never really answered. By putting new heads on from rpm mustangs, and maybe new cams, will there be any increase in hp? Ive also heard that new cams make the car sound better. Any truth here?
Old 04-24-2005, 08:31 PM   #6
Regular

Quote:
If it turns out my heads are shot, Im getting them from him. But my other question was never really answered. By putting new heads on from rpm mustangs, and maybe new cams, will there be any increase in hp? Ive also heard that new cams make the car sound better. Any truth here?
Yes and yes to your question. You will see a nice gain in HP and the exhaust with have a deeper note to it.

Reddit
Old 04-24-2005, 10:57 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

i recently ordered new heads and cam from mike at rpm. i actually ordered them in the middle of march and i'm still waiting to get them but i understand cause he has a lot of projects. I got the max effort heads with all the upgrades like BV upgrade to 8mm for more flow and my cam is pretty aggressive. i am getting the 535/531 cam with the .540 springs pre-assembled. without a tune for it i sould get somewhere around 35-50 hp from this set up and another 15-25 hp with the tune to a possibility of 75 max horsepower which is pretty nice with my set up. i have a 2000 v6 3.8 manual. i already have a cai and ud pulley with a new spec stage 3 clutch and aluminium flywheel, and true dual exhaust with 2 cats and no mufflers=ricey up high. Thats partially why i''m getting the new heads and cam, to help the sound of the exhaust. Anyways,I highly reccomend going with rpm heads. I've never heard a bad thing about them and i'm sure you won't be disapointed.
bigpomps is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang