Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Underdrive pulley

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  SVTCOBRA 
#1 ·
Ok I have read that the underdrive pulley can add anywhere around 10lbs of torque to a mustang, the last car I had, I replaced the underdrive pulley and didn't get a noticeable difference (not a mustang), is it really true that it frees up that much torque and also can improve gas mileage by almost 2 mpg, if so where could I find a reasonable costing one considering I have seen them run up to $270

#2 ·
#3 ·
It's one of those modifications that you will see minimal gains for alot of money IMO. I would also look into an overdrive pulley for your alternator if you are going to run a system or alot of electronics off the car. An underdrive pulley can shorten the life of your alternator.

#4 ·
Ok if replacing this isn't a good way to go what else should I spend my money on, I have 4.10 gears and a lsd getting installed Tuesday, I have diablosport pred. tuner, CAI, and exhaust system, what would be another good upgrade for a reasonable cost.

#8 ·
I have 4.10 gears and a lsd getting installed Tuesday, I have diablosport pred. tuner, CAI, and exhaust system, what would be another good upgrade for a reasonable cost.
I didn't see t-lok that is a must for any mustang V6 owner. Long or short tube headers, light weight/aluminum drive shaft. Then you should do some suspension modification so it could corner. Take a look at this site if you haven't.

V6 Mustang Stuff | Mustang Performance Parts and Accessories

#5 ·
Lower springs, sway bars, sub frame connectors, short throw shifter (if you have a manual?). By the way what do you call "reasonable cost" before I go on?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.