Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Help It Wont Start...

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  kack85 
#1 ·
I just finish doin a head gasket, with a fel pro kit, i went by the book for torguein on nuts and bolts, wired everythin up right, I went to start I today and would not start? my guess is are its good bad gas in it, i double checked the firing order, plug gapping, and still wasnt firin over it was tryin but wouldnt turn over?

Is is bad gas or old its been in the for 4 mnths not bein started?

any clue what it may be....

thanks

#3 ·
the engine doesn't turn over? or it turns over and just doesn't fire? If it's not turning over at all, it wouldnt be gas. could be dead battery, starter, or much worse. Something in the engine stopping the engine from physically turning.

#4 ·
check the coil and make sure you getting spark... that or make sure your getting sparks at the plugs, if not, see if your getting spark from the coil (just make sure you don't ground it out). if all is fine there make sure your fuel pump is working (you should hear it when you first put the key to the "on" position. I wouldn't think gas would go bad after 4 months... but if you only have a little bit just get rid of everything. make sure your throttle body isn't rusted shut or anything also (its probably not, and i'm sure this got checked, but you need 3 things to make fire...)

#5 ·
It tries to turn over, and when i give it gas it tries but its just not firing up.. i have new plugs wires and coil pack, throttle is opening, injectors are pretty new, I was thinkin the fuel filter but its gettin gas to the plugs.. The gas is pretty old the car sat for 8 mnths before I got it and 5 mnth after I got it cause of the head gasket i was replacing, so I do think its bad gas but any other clues may help im gonna drain the tank and ill let you know how it comes thanks guys

#6 ·
we'll guys found out it was a fuse big 40a wasnt gettin to the coil, so after tryin for about twenty mins to find that out. I replaced the fuse, lol well when it decided to fire it fired it fired up and caught my intake on fire from sprayin starter fluid in my intake so I guess I solved the problem with the spark but it still isnt startin its tryin so I beleive its the gas.. thanks guys

it was great flames shot over my hood I was runnin around lookin for the hose to put it out we all panicd never had that happen before but ey theres a first for everything, so we got the fire under controll, check made sure nothin was burned up and it was fine, so im drainin the gas today and we'll see what happens after that will keep you posted...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.