Help It Wont Start... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-25-2009, 09:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Angry Help It Wont Start...

I just finish doin a head gasket, with a fel pro kit, i went by the book for torguein on nuts and bolts, wired everythin up right, I went to start I today and would not start? my guess is are its good bad gas in it, i double checked the firing order, plug gapping, and still wasnt firin over it was tryin but wouldnt turn over?

Is is bad gas or old its been in the for 4 mnths not bein started?

any clue what it may be....

thanks
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2009, 09:39 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Re: Help It Wont Start...

i'd pump out the gas maybe then put some fuel system cleaner in it then some new gas. If you think it may be the gas. And of course make sure your battery and that **** is good which u probably already checked.
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

the engine doesn't turn over? or it turns over and just doesn't fire? If it's not turning over at all, it wouldnt be gas. could be dead battery, starter, or much worse. Something in the engine stopping the engine from physically turning.
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2009, 12:20 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Send a message via MSN to bloodyspirit058

check the coil and make sure you getting spark... that or make sure your getting sparks at the plugs, if not, see if your getting spark from the coil (just make sure you don't ground it out). if all is fine there make sure your fuel pump is working (you should hear it when you first put the key to the "on" position. I wouldn't think gas would go bad after 4 months... but if you only have a little bit just get rid of everything. make sure your throttle body isn't rusted shut or anything also (its probably not, and i'm sure this got checked, but you need 3 things to make fire...)

1994 GT, stock gears, stock shifter, stock engine, stock rims (or knock offs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sti2gsxr
There was a case of the stuff stacked at the end of an aisle. Definately not cold or in the cooler. Also it was over $7 for the two bottles.
bloodyspirit058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:14 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

It tries to turn over, and when i give it gas it tries but its just not firing up.. i have new plugs wires and coil pack, throttle is opening, injectors are pretty new, I was thinkin the fuel filter but its gettin gas to the plugs.. The gas is pretty old the car sat for 8 mnths before I got it and 5 mnth after I got it cause of the head gasket i was replacing, so I do think its bad gas but any other clues may help im gonna drain the tank and ill let you know how it comes thanks guys
Old 07-28-2009, 08:14 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

we'll guys found out it was a fuse big 40a wasnt gettin to the coil, so after tryin for about twenty mins to find that out. I replaced the fuse, lol well when it decided to fire it fired it fired up and caught my intake on fire from sprayin starter fluid in my intake so I guess I solved the problem with the spark but it still isnt startin its tryin so I beleive its the gas.. thanks guys

it was great flames shot over my hood I was runnin around lookin for the hose to put it out we all panicd never had that happen before but ey theres a first for everything, so we got the fire under controll, check made sure nothin was burned up and it was fine, so im drainin the gas today and we'll see what happens after that will keep you posted...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang