Mustang Evolution Forum banner

installed my cai today

Tags
cai
2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Senorjizzy 
#1 ·
i just recently got a cai, installed it just a few hours ago (more like 7 cst). and i dont feel much, not that i expexted to, but it sounds way different. sounds deeper, and theres a whistling sound when i press on the gas. i did have a problem with the MAF when i was unscrewing it. i was loosening the nut on it to get it to finger loose to just unscrew. well when i started with the wrench i noticed it to be fairl tough to turn, well i look down at the nut, and the entire mount screw was coming off with it. i tryed and tryed to get the damn thing out but then just gave up, i ended up just usingthree boults to mount it and the stuck moutning one just sits threw the hole. seems to be no problem. but if n e one has a suggestion to getting it out just tell me:). sorry for the long post:rolleyes:

#7 ·
well as i was unscrewing the nut to get the maf off, the bolt that the maf attached to was unscrewing with it, like the nut was on there too tight, or the bolt was too loose, ill try to take a pic of when i can. i think that all i need to do is just have someone or something hold the bolt end while i unscrew the nut.

#3 ·
i left the screen on my maf, i don't think i was supposed to, i get a bit of a whistle from mine, doesn't hurt anything and i just have a deeper exhaust

#8 ·
just relax take a break and look at it again later on, thats all thats needed sometimes... just to clear your head

#9 ·
^^^Yah true dat, sometimes it's just better to take a break...and come back to it after a few hours. You'll realize what you were doing wrong and feel silly about it once you solve the problem.

If I understand your problem correctly, it sounds like the bolt is rotating along with the nut, not allowing the nut to actually rotate off the thread of the bolt...if so, just use a socket wrench to hold the bolt head, and unscrew the nut with a wrench, it should twist off fairly easy. Let us know if that's the problem or if I'm missing it.

#10 ·
ik its not a big problem. i just hate knowing that its not rightly done ha. but sonic pony03, u got it right, i didnt think bout explainging it like that. sorry for the confusion, and thanks for the help guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.