Overheating problem - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-26-2005, 06:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Send a message via AIM to NorwegianMustang Send a message via MSN to NorwegianMustang Send a message via Yahoo to NorwegianMustang
Overheating problem

My car keeps overheating, one day it's fine, the next it overheats. Or I can drive somewhere and the car overheats, when I go back home or where ever, the car is "normal" again. I changed the thermostat (stock) and the coolant. The system has been flushed all the ways it can be flushed for an hour or so.
When the car overheats the upper hose is hard and very hot, and the lower is cool and not hard at all. When the car deside to be normal, both hoses are warm. My coolant/water mix is 50/50.
I'm thinking it's the head gasket, but if it was wouldn't my oil be like milkshake? Since coolant mixed with oil = milkshake look, but the oil is fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	smoke.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	345.8 KB
ID:	8322   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_0111.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	850.5 KB
ID:	8323  

Advertisement

Old 04-26-2005, 10:13 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Dark02Pony
If the cooling system is low on water, the highest parts of the engine will possibly overheat but i dont c that being a problem since your 50/50, could also be an air pocket somewhere in your system might have to have another flush and or bleed the system should take a look at your heater core as well see if theres any coolant leak coming from there wether its large or slow
Operation: Evolutionization.......Member #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
Ford Motor Company = FoMoCo..
what does that make Honda Motor Company????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
Mineral Gray is such a hott color. Much better then orange
Dark02Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 10:49 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to hoof
When you refill the coolant system you need to be sure and follow the instructions on how to void the system of air. The instructions should be in your owners manual (never thought you would need that did you?).
CHAZ
hoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2005, 06:34 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to NorwegianMustang Send a message via MSN to NorwegianMustang Send a message via Yahoo to NorwegianMustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoof
When you refill the coolant system you need to be sure and follow the instructions on how to void the system of air. The instructions should be in your owners manual (never thought you would need that did you?).
CHAZ
Yep, did that (airing the system)
Old 04-27-2005, 06:46 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
You might need a new radiator or water pump. If the moisture smells like antifreeze it is a blown head gasket.

Did you check the water pump
Old 04-27-2005, 12:25 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I tried to smell the moisture, but I coulnd't smell anything from it.

Don't the water pump leak when there is a problem with it? Like a safety thing? There is no coolant leak what so ever, the car has been sitting on dry asfalt for hours and still not a thiny drop of water is on the ground.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:20 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
You could have impeller problemsand it not leak. If you changed the thermostat I will have to go with the radiator being bad. Dont be afraid to put a bit of the moisture to your tongue to see if it is sweet.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:52 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
You could have impeller problemsand it not leak. If you changed the thermostat I will have to go with the radiator being bad. Dont be afraid to put a bit of the moisture to your tongue to see if it is sweet.
Guess, I'll get down on all 4 and lick the asfalt

j/k

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang