Engine Swap - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-09-2003, 05:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Engine Swap

Instead of moding my v-6, ive been thinking about maybe doing an engine swap. There aint much that can be done to the 3.8. 400 hp is the most ive ever heard one reach. I dont know much about engine swaps, but I was wondering if instead of getting a GT 4.6, I could maybe get like a Supra engine! I know its a stupid question, but it makes sense. Those things come with like 350 hp stock and can be modded to over 900 hp. If it is possible, about how much would it cost to do it?
ERICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2003, 06:02 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
Re: Engine Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by erick
Instead of moding my v-6, ive been thinking about maybe doing an engine swap. There aint much that can be done to the 3.8. 400 hp is the most ive ever heard one reach. I dont know much about engine swaps, but I was wondering if instead of getting a GT 4.6, I could maybe get like a Supra engine! I know its a stupid question, but it makes sense. Those things come with like 350 hp stock and can be modded to over 900 hp. If it is possible, about how much would it cost to do it?
Its possible, but to get that kind of a engine in.....its going to COST YOU!
You will have to change or modify all kinds of stuff. Fuel lines, computer, wiring, transmission... for that amount of money you would spend, you could just buy a crate engine with like 500 hp
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 07:37 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
You would just be better off trading up to a GT but the insurance would gobble you up. To do a complete swap you would really need a donor car like a totaled GT you could buy from a salvage yard. You would need just about every harness the GT has or you could get a donor Cobra. !!!!

Corey

Old 05-12-2003, 02:58 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to maverik
I like the idea of a supra engine, the only thing Id be concerned with (aside from the electrical) is have you seen the space on a gt or cobra engine in between the radiator?? There may be room for one more cylinder, but not two. The 2JZE engine is a straight six so youd be essentially adding another v6 engine in front of yours for comparison sake... it would be possible if you could recess the engine and somehow move the radiator up front, but way more trouble than its worth, plus people on both sides of the import versus domestic crowd might not be too happy you put an import engine in a domestic, much the same we would feel if someone put a vette engine in a mustang! Sacriligous!!! Email me if you have any questions, I have actually done an engine swap so I could fill you on details.
Dan
Old 05-12-2003, 09:39 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

What about an Integra Type R V-TEC? Now that would be some crazy sh#t! Is it possible ? Not that I would do it or anything. Just curious.
ERICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 12:35 AM   #6

Region: Missouri

please dont even think about dropping anything but a larger mustang engine in there. The thought of a mustang with an import engine makes me want to cry. Besides, the integra engine in a mustang wont be near as fast as it is in an integra. I would say there is a significant weight difference there.
blk99stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 05:44 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

rice crap in a stang you outta be banned for even thinking about that

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 01:22 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to I_luv_HP&trq Send a message via MSN to I_luv_HP&trq

there are a few people who post online with 6's and putting down over 400-500rwhp.
4.3L + big turbo= hella power.

99 Cobra: flowmasters, 18x9.5 cobra R's, soon to be tuned and geared. daily driver
99 V6:in avatar, Mac Cai, true duals/flowmaster 40's ,UDP, custom tuned, bullitt suspension 18" wheels...taken by mother nature
I_luv_HP&trq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:58 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh

Yea and I'm sure those people with 4-500 hp v6's are driving great, reliable, cars that work well on the street...
Old 02-21-2006, 06:01 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiljosh
Yea and I'm sure those people with 4-500 hp v6's are driving great, reliable, cars that work well on the street...
Actually people in the high 300's to low 400 HP range have completely streetable V6 stangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERICK
What about an Integra Type R V-TEC? Now that would be some crazy sh#t! Is it possible ? Not that I would do it or anything. Just curious.
I cant believe this is even mentioned. If you have Honda/Acura ENVY!! buy a Honda BY GOD!!!

NEXT!!!!!
Old 02-21-2006, 08:46 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

dont swap a v8 in your car with out telling the insurance, if you wreck and they find out they will not cover you. I would either mod what you have or buy another car you want to start with.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang