new tires-Help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-25-2009, 01:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
new tires-Help

hey guys,

i wanted your thoughts on this. you guys are usally right on the money. so i replaced my front tires like 2 months ago, i have toyos in the rear and the back.

however i want to put a better tire in the rear for better traction and i was really thinking of trying to get a set of mickys. i now they are avialble in "normal" sizes now. what do you guys think?

my rims in the back ar 18x10
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2009, 02:10 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Re: new tires-Help

Good set of Mickey's are good. Also, check out your local speed shop...there are a lot of good "off-brands" that are made by the major companies that are excellent for the money. Shop around to get the best price you can...but if you want to spend the money mickey's are one of the best imo
Old 08-25-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

are they DOT and do they have REAL thread, if they are a slick form you must not drive them in the rain EVER
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2009, 04:32 PM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Also, keep in mind that the et streets will not get much in the way of tread life. 7k miles is usually a really long life for them. Also, they may be ok in the rain the first few times you drive the car, however they will quickly become not so safe in the rain as they wear down pretty quick. And don't even thing about using them in the winter time when that flaky white **** is on the ground.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Yikes the ETs only last like 7K! oh man.....that doesnt sound worth it! i just love the wide look of them too! lol in NY you can never tell when its going to pour cats and dogs so.....maybe ill stick to toyo or ask around.

if you guys know any other tires, let me know.
thanks
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:51 PM   #6
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Their life really depends on how you drive. The fact that you are in the need of more traction tells me you drive in a spirited manner which, in turn, is going to shorten the life of the tires.

I've gotten up to 12k out of nitto 555R's before, but that was running them down to bald and I never took it easy on them. And from my understanding, you will not get near the life out of mickey's as you will nittos because they are much softer.

I will be getting my first set of mickey's in a few weeks after the NY trip so I'll be able to tell you better their life expectancy...but I do know they are not recommended my many to be driven in the rain.

You may be able to go with the Nitto 555 street radials. I know they were real nice on my 2000 GT when I had that. Really improved my traction over stock. Nitto also has that new NT05 street tire that is kind of between the 555 and the 555R drag radial.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang