2006 Mustang Exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-11-2009, 03:28 PM   #1

Region: Arizona
2006 Mustang Exhaust

I was looking at getting a dual exhaust system installed on my 2006 v6 but was unsure what exactly is needed to do so. I was going to purchase from GT takeoff mufflers, but as far as midpipes and everything I'm undecided. are there any setups anyone has done on their 06? is it possible to have them made for cheaper then buying the expensive brand name ones? my car is going in to be repaired soon as it was in an accident so perhaps i could have them do it at the same time? any responses are appreciated!
SaintStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2009, 03:35 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: 2006 Mustang Exhaust

I would want a GT rear bumper if possible, they do make kits for the stock rear, some cut another hole to match the side that doesnt have an opening~ but a GT rear is best.

there are many kits out there for your car to make it dual exhaust (ONLY way to go) check Mustang Parts & Performance - American Muscle if you find what you want you get a 6% discount for being a member, get with us if you do order to get the code to use.

Here are some links:
2005-2009 Ford Mustang Exhaust at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
Pypes 409 Stainless Steel V6 Dual Pipe Conversion Kit (05-10 V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
Magnaflow Mustang Dual Exhaust Catback System (05-09 V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

you can probably buy a mid pipe that will use any GT catback as well~
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:41 PM   #3

Region: Arizona

so the best way to go is with an actual conversion kit. as far as the discount code does, that would be very helpful. PM?
SaintStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2009, 01:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
I would want a GT rear bumper if possible, they do make kits for the stock rear, some cut another hole to match the side that doesnt have an opening~ but a GT rear is best.

there are many kits out there for your car to make it dual exhaust (ONLY way to go) check Mustang Parts & Performance - American Muscle if you find what you want you get a 6% discount for being a member, get with us if you do order to get the code to use.

Here are some links:
2005-2009 Ford Mustang Exhaust at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
Pypes 409 Stainless Steel V6 Dual Pipe Conversion Kit (05-10 V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
Magnaflow Mustang Dual Exhaust Catback System (05-09 V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

you can probably buy a mid pipe that will use any GT catback as well~
if you just change the muffler to free up the back presure that about the best you can do.... anything else is a waste of money. you do dont gain anything in hp/tq... in fact you loss low end tq with dual exhaust because the 4.0l engine fire order is even and there is nothing gain but loss of money
gt front sway bar and strut tower bracket,
8 auto meter electric guages
colorado pony is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Tags
2006 mustang, exhaust