Royal Purple vr's Moble 1 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-15-2003, 06:26 PM   #1

2002 Sonic Blue 5spd
mustangman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 04:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Send a message via ICQ to TheSarge Send a message via AIM to TheSarge Send a message via Yahoo to TheSarge
Synth Q's answered

Unlike most petroleum based lubricants, unless there is a HUGE difference in tempuratures ( HIGH compression or HUSE PSI), 520 or 5-30 makes little difference. Because of the closer tolerances, and better lubricants out there today, viscosity amkes little if any difference the higher you go. Personally, if we can run 0 weight oils in our turbines here in Hawaii, and I run 0-30 MOBIL1 in my newer cars, the lighter the oil, the better the power output on a well sealed engine, as less is lost in friction and more heat is picked up in a faster moving, lower gravity lubricant.
Please,all you physics and chemistry bubba's chime in here. But if a gas turbine can run at 1200 degrees C and 40k rpm on light oil, and my Mustang and Suburban can as well in the humid, salty hot climate of Hawaii, it'll run anywhere ('cept Maybe Yuma)!

My two cents

God Bless Our Troops!
In search of the best mods for the least price.
I'm always broke, I work for Uncle Sam!

TheSarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 09:44 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
It is true what he says lighter weight less friction as well as the fact that all major brands of synthetic oil is better than any standard motor oil period
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 06:08 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
the people at ford said that if you don't put 5w20 in it will void the warranty stupid people. i swear. i haven't really tried different stuff cause i'm gettin work done under warranty and really don't wanna void it right now. personally i would run 5w20 sythetic but i guess that's just me. and it's made...just extremely hard to find..noone carries it. well that's my 2 cents
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 06:41 PM   #5
Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
I belive that they started saying 5w20 on the 2001 models, cuz my friends 2000 GT calls for 5w30, who knows what they are thinking. I just run the Motorcraft 5W20 synthetic blend. I think it would be a little hard for the dealership to know if you were running 5w20 or 5w30, if they ask just tell them that you use 5w20 and you shouldn't have any problems....Unless they give you a polygraph test.
'99 cobra 'vert
01mineralgrey6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang