CD Player and Washer Fluid Sprayer Help!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-15-2009, 04:54 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
CD Player and Washer Fluid Sprayer Help!!!

I have a stock 2000 V6. I cant get my CD player to eject cds. Also i cant spray windshield washer fluid out of the nozzles. I think that the pipes are clogged but have no idea of how to fix it. Any suggestions are welcome.
jmeigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2009, 07:45 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Kentucky
Send a message via MSN to 19Delta
Re: CD Player and Washer Fluid Sprayer Help!!!

I'd just replace the stock CD player on it. They put it in a ****ty spot anyway, especially if you have a manual like mine. I did a write up on how to do it, just check out the Mustang Articles section.
19Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2009, 11:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

Yeah replace the CD player. The Ford CD player always seems to crap out after a while.

As for the wiper have you checked to make sure your washer fluid is fully filled? If it is then check to make sure the pump is good (you'll hear the motor going but no fluid). If the motor is good then than the fluid is not flowing which may be because of a clog. You can follow the nozzle and hoses. They should all just be slipped on together. You might have to pull out the washer fluid tank and check from there to make sure the tubing is clear and the pump is unobstructed as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeigs View Post
I have a stock 2000 V6. I cant get my CD player to eject cds. Also i cant spray windshield washer fluid out of the nozzles. I think that the pipes are clogged but have no idea of how to fix it. Any suggestions are welcome.

Well I can't say i have experience with stock cd players but I had a ****ty jvc cd player for a couple a years and when it gets old it stops ejecting cds (buy a new one, we need more money device). In order to get the cd out I have to hit the reset button to restart it or unplug it and remove it and then re install it if it doesn't have one to get it to eject your cd player again. But it will most likely do it again so I suggest getting a new one.

I had a similar washer fluid problem. If when you squirt it out it doesn't spray on your winshield but you see the fluid leaking out of the tip you should just get a small pin point like a paper clip and stick it into the little nozzles to unclog them.
fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsirisGuy View Post
Yeah replace the CD player. The Ford CD player always seems to crap out after a while.

As for the wiper have you checked to make sure your washer fluid is fully filled? If it is then check to make sure the pump is good (you'll hear the motor going but no fluid). If the motor is good then than the fluid is not flowing which may be because of a clog. You can follow the nozzle and hoses. They should all just be slipped on together. You might have to pull out the washer fluid tank and check from there to make sure the tubing is clear and the pump is unobstructed as well.
The tank has fluid in it and i can hear the pump working, so i will try to take it apart.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang