Exhaust help!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-29-2005, 04:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to CCstang2004 Send a message via Yahoo to CCstang2004
Question Exhaust help!!!

Currently im running stock heads with custom built piping leading too dual bassani exhaust dumps. Dont get me wrong i love the dumps but they have got to go. So i am looking into getting a set of bassani long tube headears with a bassani off road X-pipe running into borla stingers. does anyone have any suggestions on this set up or have a set up that might cost me a little less. because i know this set up is going to cost me well over a $1000.00 to just purchase.
CCstang2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2005, 04:10 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF
First, don't get headers unless you're planning on adding s/c or t/c, and have the money/equipment&time to install them because it is quite a job. For the mufflers, do you want something really loud..i think borlas would sound kinda ricey on the six, but i'm not sure. The mufflers are personal preference on the sound of them, lots of people go with magnaflow, glasspacks, flowmasters...read around on some other exhaust threads, there are tons of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 04:14 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

oh, and http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...132#post195132

Quote:
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2005, 04:15 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
bassani doesnt make LTs for the 3.8 I do not belive. Anything more than just a dual exhaust bolt up will be a waste of money on a stock motor.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 04:18 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah im looing for some of that head turning loud, so when i drive past people they look and are like da** that is a nice car. I had flowmasters on my 2000 mustang and i didnt really like them. and i have ran magnaflows on my 2004 and got ride of them quick wasnt loud enough for my taste, but now i have heard the pypes perforamce echaust system and they sound really good on the V6. But i dont know what the V6 would sound like with the X-pipe added too the car since i have never heard it, but my dad tells me it would produce better sound quality but i doubt know how true this is. Thanks for the input kyle.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:20 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Well spec the only way im getting my LT's from bassani for my car is my dad knows one of the genreal managers of bassani and he asked them to customize a set for my car and they said they would. but the only reason i want too run all this exhast work is due too the fact of i want too run a supercharger or possibly drop a 427 stroker motor into my car. But im more of looking into the supercharger cause the motor is quit expensive.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:22 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCstang2004
Yeah im looing for some of that head turning loud, so when i drive past people they look and are like da** that is a nice car. I had flowmasters on my 2000 mustang and i didnt really like them. and i have ran magnaflows on my 2004 and got ride of them quick wasnt loud enough for my taste, but now i have heard the pypes perforamce echaust system and they sound really good on the V6. But i dont know what the V6 would sound like with the X-pipe added too the car since i have never heard it, but my dad tells me it would produce better sound quality but i doubt know how true this is. Thanks for the input kyle.

Borlas wont be loud. You want loud get MAC flowpath. But honestly really loud turns some heads but it is not as cool as you think. Actually You dont have a race car and it sould not sould like one. Hell Vettes, Cobras and Vipers are fast and they are not that loud. Slow cars that sound loud are teetering on Rice.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:22 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

but also spec they changed the motor size in the v6 too a 3.9 in 03 i belive, but there is like no diffrence what so ever, honestly i think the 3.9 is piece of sh** when i had my 3.8 i had no problems. Actually my car is sittin in the shop write now getting a new motor in it because the motor blew up.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:24 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Laugh out loud yeah i hear what your saying danger, but the case of it is my car will be pushing the limits of prolly about 400 hp here in a couple weeks so loud would be good just more ricers that want too race, so i can take there money. lol
Old 06-29-2005, 04:28 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

whoa snap, what are you doing to your car in a couple weeks, and since your engine blew, are you swapping in another 3.9L?

Quote:
Old 06-29-2005, 04:35 PM   #11
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
but also spec they changed the motor size in the v6 too a 3.9 in 03 i belive, but there is like no diffrence what so ever, honestly i think the 3.9 is piece of sh** when i had my 3.8 i had no problems. Actually my car is sittin in the shop write now getting a new motor in it because the motor blew up.
There is no difference between the 3.8 and 3.9 that would make it less reliable.

The 3.9 came in some of the 04's none of the 03's had the 3.9.

Bassani doesn't make long tubes for V6 Mustangs and would not make a custom one for you without charging you way more than it would be worth.

What motor are you putting in it. What exactly blew on the engine?

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 04:37 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Cool

Yea imma be dropping a brand new off the shelf 3.9L in the car but before its done im forging everything in the motor that i can to the max, then im adding either the turbo or the supercharger, along with a good set of cams, new pistons and connecting rods, im changing my crank to a forged crank shaft, Then instead of the bullsh** that the factories send you too use for your turbos and superchargers im getting a guy out of atlanta that builds custom cars to build me a whole brand new piping system and also a power pipe. Im also changing the head gaskets the head bolts are going to be forged( well atleast that what the guy told me ) and then alot of other crap i cant think of off the top of my head. In about years im wanting too be running in bracket drag racing but until then i want too be able to atleast drive it and turn heads.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:40 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Well i really dont know what blew on the motor brent but the guy at the dealership told me that i snapped my number 1 connecting road and bent the piss out of all the other ones, And yeah i know that the LT's from bassani are gonna cost me a big chunk they said they would customize me a set for about 1800 bucks. Then again with the engine stuff i cant say for certain that this is what is going to happen all i know is this is what my dads friend said he is gonna do to my engine for me.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:08 PM   #14
Regular

Quote:
Well i really dont know what blew on the motor brent but the guy at the dealership told me that i snapped my number 1 connecting road and bent the piss out of all the other ones, And yeah i know that the LT's from bassani are gonna cost me a big chunk they said they would customize me a set for about 1800 bucks. Then again with the engine stuff i cant say for certain that this is what is going to happen all i know is this is what my dads friend said he is gonna do to my engine for me.
1800 Dollars for LONG TUBE HEADERS?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

If you pay 1800 dollars for something that wont net you anymore hp than Mac Longtube headers which are 300 bucks you need to step away from modding your car... for a long time!

You can get Mac Longtube headers for 300 dollars!!!! Why in the hell are you paying 1800 dollars for the same thing?????

Your just pissing your money away....

Reddit
Old 06-29-2005, 05:16 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Typically when I here these types of numbers thrown around I personally throw up the :bs:

Sorry it is not against you but in 20+ years of building cars I have heard whoppers and I believe the Wadders will come in handy if you stay on this course. If you have that kind of money to throw around and you would not mind taking pics with your Digital camera of your blown engine and any mods being done.

Now If I am proved out of line I will apologize. But I am betting I wont have to!!!!!!

1800 for headers MUHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA
Old 06-29-2005, 05:29 PM   #16
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Typically when I here these types of numbers thrown around I personally throw up the :bs:

Sorry it is not against you but in 20+ years of building cars I have heard whoppers and I believe the Wadders will come in handy if you stay on this course. If you have that kind of money to throw around and you would not mind taking pics with your Digital camera of your blown engine and any mods being done.

Now If I am proved out of line I will apologize. But I am betting I wont have to!!!!!!

1800 for headers MUHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA
I agree 100%

Reddit
Old 06-29-2005, 05:32 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Dark02Pony
you can get a set of heads w/ a cam and your manifold for 1800 theres noway in hell 1800 for a few tubes of metal
Operation: Evolutionization.......Member #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
Ford Motor Company = FoMoCo..
what does that make Honda Motor Company????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
Mineral Gray is such a hott color. Much better then orange
Dark02Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 05:33 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Not to brag but you have about 600,000 dollars in your bank account for whatever you want to use it gor then money aint a factor
Old 06-29-2005, 05:34 PM   #19
Regular

Quote:
Not to brag but you have about 600,000 dollars in your bank account for whatever you want to use it gor then money aint a factor
Yea well that still don't give you an excuse to blow it

There are people out there that need food and you go around pissing it away just because you can... not cool in my book.

Reddit
Old 06-29-2005, 05:35 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
$600,000 and you are messing with a V6. It just seems to get deeper and deeper.

This is exactly what I am talking about. You become more unbelieveable every minute
Old 06-29-2005, 05:37 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
$600,000 and you are messing with a V6. It just seems to get deeper and deeper.

This is exactly what I am talking about. You become more unbelieveable every minute
agreed..if i had that much money i wouldnt be driving a v6 mustang thats for damn sure
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-29-2005, 05:37 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Well seeing as my parents bought my car for me and i didnt have a choice and i cant afford a gt cause of my age then yeah a v6 is perfectly fine for me, it has more potential in the long run then a GT does anyday with the right mods and the know how.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:39 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

600,000 is more then enough to afford a ton of GTs no matter how old you are..
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-29-2005, 05:39 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Dont be so harsh, he is here to learn... so we give advise and he can keep from wasting money or prematurly spending money.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:42 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Well seeing as my parents bought my car for me and i didnt have a choice and i cant afford a gt cause of my age then yeah a v6 is perfectly fine for me, it has more potential in the long run then a GT does anyday with the right mods and the know how.
1. Well you can afford thousands on mods for a V6 but not on a GT.
2. With the same mods you want to do on a v6 you could have a hell of a lot more HP out of a GT. There is no way around it.

You seem to have read enough to try to talk the talk with modding and engine building but your lack of knowledge shows
Old 06-29-2005, 05:42 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Anyway i wouldnt want a GT or a cobra I would get the mach1 or the saleen and i already checked my insurance my insurance would kill me. Even on a gt my insurance was almost 3000 dollars every 6 months so why would i spend 3000 dollars every 6 months too my maybe 800 sumttin i pay? good question huh.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:43 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Wait...you can't afford a GT, but you have 1800 dollars to throw into a v6..that 1800 dollars plus your car would buy you a good 02 GT 5 speed, and will be faster than your v6. And no way a V6 has more potential than a Gt, sorry, no way at all. Put the same time and money into the 4.6 and you'll be netting a ton more hp and torque. Sorry, you're wrong, play again.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 05:44 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

OH well if im going to get treated like im stupid for trying to find out shi* about my car like eveyone else did then i wont post i will just read the shi* that is in the fu**in forum and try to figure **** out on my own so fu** it.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:49 PM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
OH well if im going to get treated like im stupid for trying to find out shi* about my car like eveyone else did then i wont post i will just read the shi* that is in the fu**in forum and try to figure **** out on my own so fu** it.
Dude how old are you!!! You make some outlandish claims and bring up $1800 headers and having $600,000 to spend but you drive a V6 and the insurance is to much on a GT or Cobra. That is BS

If you were really here to learn you would not be blowing smoke up our asses. Show me pics of you and your car and maybe people will believe you.

I dont know you but I know a braggert and bull****ter when I read what they post

Like I said prove me wong and I will apologize!!!
Old 06-29-2005, 05:50 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

when you are young your parents rule... doesnt matter what he wants, if he parents say NO then there is nothing he can do about it... they dont tend to listen very well either so you just got to work with what you have.

regardless of how much he as to buy a GT with if he parents wont let him then its pointless.... lol
Old 06-29-2005, 05:51 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

if hes old enough to have 600k as he claims he should be old enough to make a decision over a v6 gt cobra saleen roush or w/e
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-29-2005, 05:52 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Sorry...was kinda mad when I posted that. Look, we're here to help ya man, just please don't blow 1800 bucks on a 300 dollar part, makes no sense, even if you have money.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 05:53 PM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
when you are young your parents rule... doesnt matter what he wants, if he parents say NO then there is nothing he can do about it... they dont tend to listen very well either so you just got to work with what you have.

regardless of how much he as to buy a GT with if he parents wont let him then its pointless.... lol
So they are going to allow him to spend thousands to get over 400 HP Come on I was not born yesterday. You need to read what he has said in all his post. I have. It does not add up.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:55 PM   #34
Regular

Quote:

You can afford 1800 dollar longtubes, you said money was not an issue....

now you say you can't afford a GT's insurance

Reddit
Old 06-29-2005, 05:55 PM   #35
Legacy Member
Legacy

Where in fairly new territory. We have not had one of these types of guys in a while or ever. 3.8 seems to attract them more often or not. I am not buying any of it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust