Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Problem..

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Kiljosh 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, the egr delete is on..but I have a leak somewhere around my manifold. I'm hoping it's just a bad gasket, but I dunno, what you guys think I should do?

#2 ·
O yeh...and a little advice, if you have an exhaust leak don't stick your head down there to try and find it while the car is running. I got a facefull of raw exhaust, not much fun.

#7 ·
No...lol, but it's not leaking from there. I'll go put some teflon tape on it and see if it fixes it just in case though.

#8 ·
Hmmm, that's weird. What you could also check is to see if all you nuts around the collectors are tight and at the heads. Mine worked themselves loose once. Simple fix!! Just tighten them. LOL. How did ease did the kit go on? Everywork look good to you?

#14 ·
Danger Dude said:
Was it leaking before you did the egr delete.
I could hear a leak, but I was thinking it was the egr, that's what it sounded like, brent heard it.

#15 ·
O yeh, and for the header bolt I took the intake off, then used a pair of the small rotogrips and got it off with those and alot of patience lol. It was quite interesting. When I put the tape on I'm gonna get a socket that fits it and put it on with that. When I seal that off I'm gonna check the manifold with my hand and see if I can't feel or see a crack somewhere, it's not noticable from the top if it's there so maybe my hand can find it. The car's too hot right now to try anything.

#16 ·
Yes, that thing is a *****, I broke my fist reying to get mine off last winter. Lets say I don't have that POS metal cabinet to keep nails in anymore. :D

But yea do what 97Stallion said, mine was leaking at the collectors for awhile when I thought it was at the flanges.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.