Need help making a decision - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-11-2005, 03:07 PM   #36
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Need help making a decision

I believe the "forever" guy is RGR who is not in business anymore. RPM is a different company and is ranked right up there with Super Six from everything I have seen, heard, and experienced.

I just wanted to say that before anyone thinks it is RPM that takes forever. Too many acronyms around here. lol
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2005, 03:15 PM   #37
Regular

Region: Tennessee

I bought my stuff from rpm-mustangs.com

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 10:01 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to wendyc Send a message via Yahoo to wendyc

Thanks for the correction. Yeah then I'd just have to look at both places... Compare their dyno numbers and prices and all that, and just make a decision.

FullThrottleFords.com
wendyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2005, 01:21 PM   #39
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

RPM is in NO way connected to RGR anymore ... do NOT go anything with RGR EVER stick with rpm/supersix. I perfer RPM but thats just my opinion.

In the end a GT would wind up being cheaper 9 times out of 10... just have to sit down and decide whats best and go for it.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 02:04 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to I_luv_HP&trq Send a message via MSN to I_luv_HP&trq

like i've said before,i can't afford insurance on a V8 nor can i even afford to buy one at this time. plus sitting in traffic my car isn't working as hard as a V8 which will save some gas. I already have styling mods done to my current car which can't just transfer over to my next one so i'm for sure using this one to build on. The guy at supersix says he has a 4.2 stroker that's capable of 260rwhp which is the range i'm trying to get at for now. i'm talking to other local performance engine guys and waiting to hear back from them.
i figure if i do as much of the work myself i can get away with spending less then $9,000. that accounts for brand new engine parts, transmission, stronger axles, better radiator, gears, tuner, and all the other little things i need to accomodate a more powerful engine. after all these parts are in it will be like having a new car basically. i think it's worth the investment. of course this is going to happen over a long period of time since i have to pay for school and everything else right now. anyways those are my thoughts.
I_luv_HP&trq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 02:43 PM   #41
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_luv_HP&trq
like i've said before,i can't afford insurance on a V8 nor can i even afford to buy one at this time. plus sitting in traffic my car isn't working as hard as a V8 which will save some gas. I already have styling mods done to my current car which can't just transfer over to my next one so i'm for sure using this one to build on. The guy at supersix says he has a 4.2 stroker that's capable of 260rwhp which is the range i'm trying to get at for now. i'm talking to other local performance engine guys and waiting to hear back from them.
i figure if i do as much of the work myself i can get away with spending less then $9,000. that accounts for brand new engine parts, transmission, stronger axles, better radiator, gears, tuner, and all the other little things i need to accomodate a more powerful engine. after all these parts are in it will be like having a new car basically. i think it's worth the investment. of course this is going to happen over a long period of time since i have to pay for school and everything else right now. anyways those are my thoughts.
It is never worth the investment so lets not fool yourself because you are fooling no one here. Building and modding cars unless for show will not gain any real value especially a V6. But to mod to make it better for your own personal pleasure is fine and that is what we all try to do and why I provide tech support. Now for the myth about insurance and the V8. What you will end up spending with just the parts you have mentioned you could trade your V6 by a GT and pay the extra on insurance for a years. You dont think I have thought about doing it along the way while modding my car and I dont have to worry about insurance I pay 600 a year on 2 cars
Old 08-14-2005, 06:11 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

who is trying to fool anyone? whatever i do to the car will be for me. i love my car and can't see myself getting rid of it. investing my time and money will be worth it because i plan on keeping it for a LONG time. I don't know who your insurance company is but you have a good deal because it costs me about 1,000 a year just for my car. I think where you live affects it too, and i dont have any tickets on my record anymore so that's not it. after 5 years of saving insurance it will just about equal the cost of some of the mods i plan to do. i've already calculated stuff like that. i'd rather beat someone and say it was with a 6 then an 8.

the money i put into the car will be SLOWLY. so no i can't just go and get myself a V8 or any other car for that matter. I will absoluely not go in to debt just to get my ideal car. If i build my car up slowly then i'll be able to enjoy the changes i do. as oppose to starting out with a car that has 300 HP and complaining 2 months later it's not enough, meanwhile i'm working my *** off to make payments for a car i'm not completely happy with. I wouldn't be as greatful is what i'm trying to get at.
The whole process is something for me to learn from and to have a goal to work towards to keep me happy...sure i'd like to own a car that has so much power i'm afraid to go all out in but i can settle for less and work my way up to that when i'm much older. For me it's more then just trying to be faster then the next guy or have the hottest looking car at the show. Everything i plan to do will bennefit me and the people who help me. that's why it will be worth it in the end.... does anyone understand where i'm coming from?
Old 08-14-2005, 06:35 PM   #43
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

I understand what you were saying. That is why there was a smiley !!!! I also understand doing it in steps as you can afford it. Nobody is trying to tell you not to do it but modding a V6 is not a investment!!! IT IS FUN THOUGH!!!!. I am 45 with kids My insurance will never be lower!!!
Old 08-14-2005, 08:07 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

oh i thought you meant i was stupid or something to put money into a 6 and the smiley was one of those sarcastic smart *** ones. haha. i know cars are the worse investment unless you have a ferari enzo or restore a fastback(and many others) where you can make something off of it in the end. this is my project for fun and i'll be proud as hell when i'm done.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang