Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Roush Alcon Brake Upgrade

3K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  dtbback 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum so I thought I would begin my first thread with the current mod that I am doing on my 2000 V6. Currently I am installing the 14" Roush Alcon Brake Kit tucked neatly behind my 18" Foose Df-5 rims. Pics to follow very soon.

NEAR Future Mods: Kenny Brown K-Member, A-Arms, Extreme Matrix subframe with Jacking rails, Street Cage, Rear Upper and Lower Control Arms for a 3:73 Posi 8.8 swap, and complimenting coil over suspension.

END GAME: To have a more sinister "KERMIE" inspired TMATURBO force fed sleeper street/track/show "PALE WHITE HORSE" that destroys camaros, stomps on chargers, dines on vettes, and flosses its teeth with imports.

FYI: For those who have not heard yet the chassis and track master Kenny Brown has fully recovered from his illness ansd is prepping to begin production of all my near future mods. And many things to come. If you need info feel free to hit me up. More parts info on the way.

WILL

#4 ·
My car would be worth alot more if he never opened back up....

But...welcome to the site and gl with the project.

#6 ·
thanks for the responses everyone. I pick up my baby in a few hours and pics to come shortlt there after. Ohh quick question. Can someone tell me how to list my mods bellow a pic of my car like sonicpony or spectorV?

#7 ·
go to the top of page to control panel

#8 ·
and edit signature

#9 ·
Sounds like you've got quite a project ahead of you,

Are you dead set on this setup? I know from experience that project plans change over time haha

Just be sure to keep us updated! Will be interesting to see this project commence

All the chassis/suspension upgrades will be well worth it!

#10 ·
2007 stang thanks for the signature info.

#11 ·
Monte,

Yea I am pretty dead set on this type of build. But as you stated I know that I will probably change something along the way. Lol........ FOr example my new brakes were suppose to be the Cobra Kit but as fate and craigslist would have it I now have my Roush Alcon Kit. Ohh and by the way does anyone know how to post parts for sale. I have the rear set up for my new brake kit and I have no intention of putting it on. Seeing as it may cause more problems than assist in braking.

#12 ·
Hey everyone thanks for all the interest. Well I got my baby back and have been enjoying breaking in my new brakes a little too much so sorry I did not post sooner. Here are some pics of the brakes and my car. Now when you seen the rest of the car just know that I have a plan to make everything look awesome. So sorry for the 3 colors of paint but like any project things take time. So without further delay here they are the ROUSH ALCON 14" BRAKES.

PS> If you read my profile you will see what mods have already been done.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/users/11296-albums510-3503/[/IMG]

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/users/11296-albums510-3501/[/IMG]

#13 ·
ok so i tried to post my pics and it got all messed up. HELP SOMEONE!

#14 · (Edited)
You could link the pics through as attachments, usually they will appear on the post screen, or you could put your album link up.
That's how I saw the pics, I just clicked on your "view my pictures" in your avatar.

The brakes look good man, definitely gives off that "big brake" look.

#15 ·
ok so how do i attach the photos? BTW thanks for the compliment. The brakes are so awesome I can't wait to see how they do on the track in december.

#16 ·
If you click on the new reply box underneath the last thread, it will take you to a "reply to Thread" page. Here you can submit a full reply. The attachment icon, "paperclip" is to the right of the Font choices. Click on it, and a little popup screen will appear. Here you can upload any pics you have. Once they have successfully uploaded, close the little popup screen and click on the paperclip again and all your uploaded pics will be available. You can click "insert all" and they will all be inserted into the reply box. You can preview the post to see if they appear on the screen. Here's a couple I did, they should show up like this:

Attachments

#17 ·
thanks for the instructions

#20 ·
Yah that looks good man. I like how the 14" rotors fill in behind the spokes...I have slotted and dimpled, but their 11", so they look small at certain angles sitting behind the wheels.

But I couldn't pass up the deal I got on the rotors/pads set.

#21 ·
i know what you mean man. Before I got these i was dead set on doing the cobra conversion. But as luck and craigslist would have it i got these for a steal. I mean literally a steal. And I got to say that After driving around with them the last few days i love them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.