water dripping on foot while driving - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-18-2003, 01:22 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

water dripping on foot while driving

i just got back from my road trip yesterday and while i was driving to and back, water would drip on my feet while i was driving periodically.

i was wearing flip-flops while driving so i could feel it everytime. it was hitting both feet, the one on the gas and the one on the dead pedal. i know its water. (well pretty sure). its a clear pretty much odorless liquid.

i looked up there and couldnt really see where it was coming from. also, a couple days before hand, while parked, my car was dripping a lot of water from what seemed the passenger side catalytic converter.

anyone have any ideas what it is? is it bad? (was only dripping on my 10hr drive, not while i was there, so i guess it may have been condensation or something)
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2003, 02:13 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
The A/C heater core has condensation that builds up on it and there is a drain tube that pours it out right onto the Passanger side cat and exhaust pipe. As far as the water on the foot if it is very cold it is condensation on the A/C vent duct dripping on you foot or if it has just rained you might have a leak in the windshield but that water would be warm and not cold
Old 08-18-2003, 02:20 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
Was it, or has it been raining recently, or did you have your A/C running?
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2003, 02:56 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

had the AC running the whole 10hrs i was driving, so im thinking it was that.

is that a sign my AC is going out, or is that normal for having it on 10hrs straight?
Old 08-18-2003, 03:15 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
Its probably just normal for high humidity and running it so long, lot of condensation probably built up on it. I wouldn't worry too much unless it continues to be a problem.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 03:23 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
Thats not normal, i drive 15 hours in my stang from NH - NC with the AC on pretty much the entire way. Never had that happen to me.

I've done about 20 trips back and forth.
Nothing like that ever happend.
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 03:30 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
It is condensation. Hey Charles Driving from NH to NC is a whole lot different than driving in Texas trust me I was stationed in Texas in the AF. My trooper would drip from time to time from condenstaion in Mobile, AL. You could have a blockage in the drain and it is backing up, but I doubt it. If it is cooling, not making any unusual noise and you dont smell anti freeze it is probably nothing
Old 08-18-2003, 05:41 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

ok, thanks guys.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang