pulley system - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-17-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
pulley system

does anyone know where i can get a good pulley system, but for a descent price. ive found some at rpmoutlet. but ive heard that if you put a new underdrive pulley on there, then your alternator, a/c, and power steering will loose some of their charge. would it be best to get all new pulleys for all of them, or just get the underdrive pulley in it self. and would i also need to get a harmonic balancer to go with it so my engine doesnt shake? and is it a good buy for my car. i have a 2004 v6 auto, bbk cai/throttle body/shorty headers, straight pipe dual exhaust, ecu programmer, and just recently put a ford racing limited slip differential with new bearings. also ive heard pulleys are like the fix to gears, it gives you some mpg from bigger gears, is that true?
v6stang04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2009, 01:20 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Re: pulley system

I don't have a set, yet. But look at the sites for american muscle and maybe even bbk's site. 1999-2004 Ford Mustang Underdrive Pulleys at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
BBK: 01-04 Mustang GT SFI Underdrive Pulley Kit
They come in kits, not just one pulley.
outlawfrog is probably right
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawfrog View Post
I might pull an "osirisguy", and make that my new sig quote!
outlawfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

ok well i looked at bbk, and they dont offer pulleys for my engine, only the gt. i know about american muscle, ive ordered quite a few parts from them, but they dont offer any for my engine as well. rpmoutlet are the only ones that ive found that carry anything with pulleys for the v6, atleast my year anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2009, 02:35 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Are you talking about the MOTOBLUEâ„¢ H.O. Series Power Pulley Kit at rpmoutlet? I looked around for an 04 V6 set, the only thing i found so far, was one at steeda, but it's onle ONE pulley. The motoblue set looks like it'd do the job. Most of the crap I found was only one pulley, and didn't even show a pic ( I don't trust the ones with no pics..lol).
outlawfrog is probably right
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawfrog View Post
I might pull an "osirisguy", and make that my new sig quote!
outlawfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 05:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Yah, usually on the 99-04's you only replace the dampner crank pulley. It's a 25% reduction pulley and runs about $250.

I personally wouldn't order from RPM Outlet. I have had shipping issues with them, and others have had ordering, product, and shipping issues as well.

Steeda offers the pulley and balancer, as well as ASP.

http://www.aspracing.com/ford.htm

Steeda V6 Underdrive Pulleys '97-'04 Ford Mustang

As far as a/c and audio, you should be fine with the new udp if you're using the stock sound system. If you have plans of supercharging the car I wouldn't bother with the udp. As far as gains, you'll see a few hp and tq, nothing crazy. Bolt ons such as these don't do amazing by themselves, but along with other bolt ons and a good tune, you'll get more out of them.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:43 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

What sonicpony03 said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:31 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

thanks for the site and info to where i can find the parts. will it do me any good to get the alternator, a/c, and power steering pulleys as well? i plan on putting an audio system into my car as well. id like to make this car an all around package of looks and speed. since i broke the limited slip differential, the wife wont let me race anymore. but i can put parts into the car, and plan on racing it atleast one more time before i get rid of the car, even if thats 10 years from now, or next week. id like to see where ive gotten the car before it either brakes down or i sell it for a different car. dont get me wrong, i like racing against other cars, and still plan on doing it on the street, just cant do it for now on the strip, for now anyways. so, back to the subject of the pulleys, will getting other pulleys be a better bang for my buck instead of having to get a new part from that area of the car?
Old 10-24-2009, 12:05 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

I got the same set from RPM outlet for my 04 V6. The mpg and power is noticeable. However, they were on backorder for 7 months until I received them. Not to hard to put in, I highly recommend!
Old 10-28-2009, 04:55 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

i have also been told "buyer beware" from rpm outlet! personally i havent took a chance and ordered from them yet but i hear there bad to do business with! if u order from them let us know how it went.
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:19 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

yea do not go through rpmoutlet
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:01 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

damn that came from the staff man LOL! def dont do it then. are they worse than ebay spectorV?
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:41 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

I thought somebody else said it. Many horror stories from RPM Outlet, few success stories. I'd find another retailor personally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang