L/T X-pipe - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-30-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
L/T X-pipe

What x-pipe works the best with Mac long tubes. I haven't seen one for the 3.8's, only the H-pipes.
big show 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2009, 04:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to dtbback
Re: L/T X-pipe

as far as I know I haven heard of an X pipe set up for longtube headers. ANd really with the 3.8 I have heard more recommendations that true dual exhaust( you know not with and X or H pipe) is best for our cars. I have true dual and love the sound and performance. But really if you want that it sounds like you might have to have an exhaust shop build you one off. I don't think you have to worry about losing any torque due to back pressure as long as you don't go bigger than 2.5" pipes.

3.8L with Forged and Balanced Internals,65mm BBK Throttle Body, JBA Headers, Mild Cam, KN CAI, Port/Polished Heads, T5 with GT Clutch, Steeda Short Throw Shifter, 180rwhp/200rwtq, Foose Df-5 18", 14" Roush Alcon Front Brake Kit
dtbback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

If you're doing longtubes, you'll want an h-pipe. The sound will be the best. Some of the best sounding v6's I've heard had longtubes and an h-pipe with either flowmasters or borlas.

Dtbback is right, as long as you stay with 2.25" piping (stock size), you won't lose any backpressure.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2009, 08:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
If you're doing longtubes, you'll want an h-pipe. The sound will be the best. Some of the best sounding v6's I've heard had longtubes and an h-pipe with either flowmasters or borlas.

Dtbback is right, as long as you stay with 2.25" piping (stock size), you won't lose any backpressure.
I was just curious, I heard a 99 v6 on youtube ( punypony ) & he has L/t's with an X & flows. The car sounds good, but I 'm trying to keep it simple so sounds like I'm going with the H-pipe.
big show 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:51 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

Go w/ the MAC long tubes and h-pipe. i have it on mine, its AMAZING
Old 10-30-2009, 11:53 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by big show 98 View Post
I was just curious, I heard a 99 v6 on youtube ( punypony ) & he has L/t's with an X & flows. The car sounds good, but I 'm trying to keep it simple so sounds like I'm going with the H-pipe.
Yah I've heard his car on youtube too. It does sound pretty good with the x-pipe and longtubes. I think it'd sound similar, probably deeper in the lower rpms with an h-pipe, which is good...the deeper a six sounds the better.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang