V6 MUSTANG MAGAZINE - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-11-2009, 10:39 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Re: V6 MUSTANG MAGAZINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldpny View Post
Some of us have a V6 for use as a daily driver so we don't have to drive our 4.6 GT's all the time
That's the dilemma that makes me cringe... Here me out on this one: If I had a GT and a v6, I would never get into the V6. I'd spend too much on gas, I'd run the GT into the ground, and I'd have bought a V6 for no reason. IF I could ever get myself to drive the V6 I'd be pissed, it would feel sluggish and depressing and sound bad in comparison, and I'd be thinking of the GT in my garage...

So here's my philosophy for the time being... I can only afford one mustang. (if you can afford two, then you should just get a GT and be ok with spending the money on gas... hell that's cheaper than having a 6er on the side right?) Therefore, I go for the v6 because it's good with gas and insurance and the 4.0s are good for about a quarter of a million miles before serious problems occur. However, I like the Shelby styling so it has a Shelby GT-H look to it... problem now is that IF for some reason I lose a race to a ricer in a CRX or whatever, I have just made ford look like a *****, because the CRX will assume I'm in a GT and now everyone thinks the GT just got beat... so my solution is a 75 ZEX wet shot... beats a stock GT in the 1/4 and is still in a 6ers budget, that way at least i'll be as fast as I look and it's "GT-ness" on tap without needing a whole slew of upgrades.

Make sense?

****, this will be the first article in "UNDERDOG Magazine" haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebs5408 View Post
sleeper of the month LOL! love it man! ur putting thought in this man thats cool, we need to have a montly project too. and then a budget builder section caise honestly 70% of ur v6 guys are on a budget thats why they have a v6
Nothing really, just put that one together in about 30 min or so more of a joke but it actually looked kinda interesting when it was done, lol

The funny thing is that Shelby and Steeda for the first time have 400ish HP mustangs (Shelby has the Terlingua AND the CS6, Steeda has a QS6)

the last batch of stangs had no official high performance V6 models, so there's plenty to write about in the mag. Roush even has a v6 kit (it's all cosmetic though)
Old 11-11-2009, 11:11 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
That's the dilemma that makes me cringe... Here me out on this one: If I had a GT and a v6, I would never get into the V6. I'd spend too much on gas, I'd run the GT into the ground, and I'd have bought a V6 for no reason. IF I could ever get myself to drive the V6 I'd be pissed, it would feel sluggish and depressing and sound bad in comparison, and I'd be thinking of the GT in my garage...

So here's my philosophy for the time being... I can only afford one mustang. (if you can afford two, then you should just get a GT and be ok with spending the money on gas... hell that's cheaper than having a 6er on the side right?) Therefore, I go for the v6 because it's good with gas and insurance and the 4.0s are good for about a quarter of a million miles before serious problems occur. However, I like the Shelby styling so it has a Shelby GT-H look to it... problem now is that IF for some reason I lose a race to a ricer in a CRX or whatever, I have just made ford look like a *****, because the CRX will assume I'm in a GT and now everyone thinks the GT just got beat... so my solution is a 75 ZEX wet shot... beats a stock GT in the 1/4 and is still in a 6ers budget, that way at least i'll be as fast as I look and it's "GT-ness" on tap without needing a whole slew of upgrades.

Make sense?

****, this will be the first article in "UNDERDOG Magazine" haha
See, I agree with you for the most part...after owning a v6 for so many years, I wouldn't want to go back when I have a v8 sitting in the garage.

However, my v6 is quite sentimental to me...first car, all the time/money spent on/with it, all the work to keep it looking/functioning like new...I don't want to get rid of it. I don't have any plans to either. So, in the near future when I do get a v8 model of some sort (goal is a termi) I'll still drive the v6 around from time to time for old time's sake.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2009, 04:03 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
See, I agree with you for the most part...after owning a v6 for so many years, I wouldn't want to go back when I have a v8 sitting in the garage.

However, my v6 is quite sentimental to me...first car, all the time/money spent on/with it, all the work to keep it looking/functioning like new...I don't want to get rid of it. I don't have any plans to either. So, in the near future when I do get a v8 model of some sort (goal is a termi) I'll still drive the v6 around from time to time for old time's sake.
absolutely 100 percent agree! It takes work to get a 6 to be respected, and that work makes it your own one of a kind mustang that you put hours of effort and thought into. I don't think my 6 will ever be the down payment on an 8 for that same reason... another dilemma... lol

Oh, and I feel ya on the termi, but let's not forget the 94/95 5.0 with the newer looking body... now those are rare gems capable of ridiculous amounts of power!
Old 11-12-2009, 06:00 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

i agree the v6 is where my passion for mustang came a live, i would do back flips of over lil HP i gained, on the days my packages would come in u would think it was christmas, the excitement of the mods really made me feel like a kid again, and the first time i walked a v8 was the first time i truly understood the word accomplishment, my heart is in a v6, thats why i wanna just build a mongoose instead of buying a v8, i would be going against eveything ive preached about for 3 yrs, now a gt500 would be great for the weekends though lol
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:38 PM   #76

Region: Other

The problem with me is that any car I own I want it to be in car show condition.
I picked up my '00 blue V6 so my '01 yellow GT vert wouldn't have to be driven any time I just wanted to go to Wal*Mart or the grocery store or something, and yet the next thing I know I find myself buying lots of after market goodies for the V6 LOL
I am thinking of getting the deluxe custom vertical door mod on my blue stang as well. Things that make you go hmmm....
Anyway, I still like the fact that I don't have to pull out my GT when I am just running errands, though once in awhile it is nice to fire up that 4.6L beast.
So now my V6 is a pretty nice show car too, especially now after the new paint job.
Oh well.
wyldpny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 09:53 PM   #77

i would love a v6 mustang magazine. however the best way to start one up would be to release free .pdf copies for a few issues where u provide free ads for various sites. Then you can gauge if there is a real interest and look into full blown magazine publishing. Unless you have lots of money (which most of v6 owners don't). In my opinion going to a publisher right away is a good way to potentially waste a lot of cash and advertisers wouldn't pay much for the first issue because nobody knows how many copies would be sold.
Shathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:52 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Did anybody ever hear anything, i know it was my idea but my guy said he didnt no anybody who would back it and that was the last i have heard from him, i have had a ton of business stuff going on lately so put this in the back of my mind but today it just popped in my head.....so anybody hear anything?
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

Old 01-02-2010, 03:28 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas

Wow this is kinda crazy, I was thinking about posting and asking if there are any v6 magazine out there and boom I see this topic....crazy. I WOULD NO DOUBT subscribe to a v6 mag. Keep us updated on it if anything goes down.
jwalthersoccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:37 PM   #80
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG

I didn't read through this but 94-04 there isn't enough v6 owners or part makers to justify a magazine. Now with the 05+ mustang and especially the 2011 v6 a potential for a magazine specializing in v6 mustangs could happen. For now the hand full of bad-*** v6 mustangs are known buy all the v6 guys because of the forums.

The underdog magazine would be cool you would need a v6 mustang section, v6 camaro section, and a few other cars that you wouldn't expect to be "fast" but have potential.
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:18 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:
Did anybody ever hear anything, i know it was my idea but my guy said he didnt no anybody who would back it and that was the last i have heard from him, i have had a ton of business stuff going on lately so put this in the back of my mind but today it just popped in my head.....so anybody hear anything?
Come on Zebs lets get the ball rolling, we waiting on you. LOL!!!
big show 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:51 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

i know man i really wanna see it go every time i by a magazine which is once a week im just like mahn why should i by this theres not **** for my car in it but i do it anyway lol, did u see stangroos cover layout on page 2? everyone i have showed that to got a kick out of it he said he threw it together but it looked to me as if it was well thought out and planned or maybe he just got skillz lol

Old 01-09-2010, 03:17 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i know man i really wanna see it go every time i by a magazine which is once a week im just like mahn why should i by this theres not **** for my car in it but i do it anyway lol, did u see stangroos cover layout on page 2? everyone i have showed that to got a kick out of it he said he threw it together but it looked to me as if it was well thought out and planned or maybe he just got skillz lol
He got skillz, now we need to get words & pics on the pages!!
Old 01-14-2010, 02:09 AM   #84

Thumbs up Re: V6 MUSTANG MAGAZINE

Not only would I love to read a V6 Mustang Magazine, but I would write articles for it! Wish I had the experience or financial backing to help you start it up though. But if it gets off the ground a little, I would love to write some articles or help edit the thing.
Vapiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:21 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapiant View Post
Not only would I love to read a V6 Mustang Magazine, but I would write articles for it! Wish I had the experience or financial backing to help you start it up though. But if it gets off the ground a little, I would love to write some articles or help edit the thing.
i see this is your first post...u didnt happen to goggle v6 magazine this came up and you joined to comment did you? cause that would be awesome knowing my thread brought us a new member LOL, it would really brighten my day!

Old 01-15-2010, 12:41 AM   #86

Well, just recently got back into the world of mustang (my first car was a 96 v6 and I was rear ended a little over a year ago and bought a 98 v6 two weeks ago) and was searching this forum for the answer to my now resolved throw-out-bearing issue. Found this page and decided to register just to give my two cents. Yes I would register on a forum just to receive a V6 mag, yes I would help write/edit/publish (but cant financially support) any mag, online or print. If this gets anywhere more than an idea on paper I would love to be on board. I also do media such as video and sound and could help with any website attempts if it is to start out as a purely online work. I may be young right now (21) but I would love to put some time and effort into learning more about my V6 and helping others learn about theirs.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:39 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapiant View Post
Well, just recently got back into the world of mustang (my first car was a 96 v6 and I was rear ended a little over a year ago and bought a 98 v6 two weeks ago) and was searching this forum for the answer to my now resolved throw-out-bearing issue. Found this page and decided to register just to give my two cents. Yes I would register on a forum just to receive a V6 mag, yes I would help write/edit/publish (but cant financially support) any mag, online or print. If this gets anywhere more than an idea on paper I would love to be on board. I also do media such as video and sound and could help with any website attempts if it is to start out as a purely online work. I may be young right now (21) but I would love to put some time and effort into learning more about my V6 and helping others learn about theirs.
Zebs what more can you ask for!!! All eyes on you:thumbs2:
Old 01-15-2010, 07:06 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

man im blown away lol, thats awesome bro! alot of ppl in here have rod bearing issues i have them right now lol, u can join my thread and read up and maybe it will help u! the guys in here really know what there doign and were tight group that doesnt makn fun of u for not knowing things we LOVVEE questions it gives us something to do LOL, most memebers in here started off like you just stoping by to ask a question and saw the comradery and decided to keep posting untillt hey became members themselves! everyone in here is here to help except for one occasional cocky ******* but we all over look him and will have your back:thumbs2:

Old 01-15-2010, 09:22 AM   #89

Well I already solved my TOB problem, and I found great tips on where to start getting a little more power out of my V6. Next thing I have to do is go get my brand new Underdog magazine out of my mailbox right? And yes, I do see that yall are a welcoming forum, thank you for that!
Old 01-22-2010, 02:15 PM   #90

awesome, awesome idea. I'd love to help out with this also. I don't have much artistic/writing skills, I dont have much money, but I would GLADLY do behind-the-scenes work like maintaining a database or keeping track of members and stuff. Anything I can help with if you guys can get this rolling. I bought a sixxer a few months ago and I love it! I'd love to see the monthly "budget mod" section. That would honestly be something I would be like OMG the new edition of "Six Bangers" is coming today! Anyways, my point is I'm your man if you need help. And yes, I joined this forum and plan on staying because of this thread lol.
Robobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:45 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robobble View Post
awesome, awesome idea. I'd love to help out with this also. I don't have much artistic/writing skills, I dont have much money, but I would GLADLY do behind-the-scenes work like maintaining a database or keeping track of members and stuff. Anything I can help with if you guys can get this rolling. I bought a sixxer a few months ago and I love it! I'd love to see the monthly "budget mod" section. That would honestly be something I would be like OMG the new edition of "Six Bangers" is coming today! Anyways, my point is I'm your man if you need help. And yes, I joined this forum and plan on staying because of this thread lol.
if there was a list in here that was labeled "TOP THANKED RECRUITER" i bet i would make that list

Old 01-23-2010, 01:28 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Hey Zebs, 91 replies, 1345 views looking good for the home team!!
Old 01-23-2010, 11:13 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

im loving in it man lol! it all started as a dreammmmmmm lol, i would like to give a specail thanks to my wife, my baby momma, my mommas momma, and girlfriend on the side for makin this thread possible........sorry i have had wayyyy to much vicodin today lol! yea man i hope this will take off or someone will give me a break on the price and let me go for it, even if i could start local then get sponsors ya know!

Old 01-24-2010, 11:51 AM   #94

I bet it would be pretty cheap to start it as an online publication or blog style. Then you could really see how your consumer base would be and it would be easy to take the next step to hard copy flesh and paper magazine. You could buy a domain and hosting for less than 100$ for a couple of years. Godaddy.com does great hosting and FTPing up a website is relatively easy if you have half a brain. Get a couple of people to write a few articles, update weekly-ish. That might be the place to start for now.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:25 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

thats actually a pretty good idea! we got alot of good ideas in here im waiting for someone steal them lol!

Old 01-24-2010, 06:56 PM   #96
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

instead of a v6 mag i wish we could just have v6's in corporate into all major mustang magazines~ its just the market is mostly v8 owners.. I have a feeling the 2011 will boost that number.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:02 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
instead of a v6 mag i wish we could just have v6's in corporate into all major mustang magazines~ its just the market is mostly v8 owners.. I have a feeling the 2011 will boost that number.
i know man thats what got me thinking i get my 4.6 and 5.0 magizines every month just to get ideas for what i might if i it was possible do to mine! its not fair lol! i mean if the magazines companys would look at fords sales Numbers on v6s they would see there a ton of us out here! the new v6 is no joke from what i hear

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Tags
v6 mustang