NEED HELP ASAP (like TONITE LOL) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-02-2009, 08:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
NEED HELP ASAP (like TONITE LOL)

aight im finishing up my port & polish on my lower intake manifold! my buddy is helping and told me to ahead and shave down the knobs on the inside of lower intake. he said he saw an article on it so i trusted him and went for it. now it kinda is looking like that those knobs might have been important. NOT SURE YET but i need to know before installing. theres a hole now where they where and it looks like that air goes down into the thermostat. this would be very bad! PLEASE ANY HELP OR ADVICE! YO SPECTORV WHERE YOU AT LOL......serously
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2009, 11:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: NEED HELP ASAP (like TONITE LOL)

AIght everyone else stuck too LOL ??????. well the lower intake is in and were installing the upper intake now. ill let u know what happens in about 30min to 1 hour. hopefully those knobs served no purpose....well see
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

Old 11-03-2009, 12:24 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

Well hope so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2009, 01:26 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!!! the car is making a mean cam sound but its do to a cam position sensor and it want stay cranked. it will run when u give it gas though. its weezin when its idling and it makes a deep offset cammin noise! it will stay running for about 30sec without hitting the gas but then it dies out! im pretty sure its my fault though, i let my buddy talk me in to reusing gaskets when i know better. i think its a combination re use of gaskets and that cam sensor. im breaking it back down in the morning and im gonna get some gasket seal and try this again! any suggestions or advice, hints,etc.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:47 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina

The problems your saying will run for 30 sec sounds like the IAC valve
Billet fuel door, Daiblo 91 Tune, Xenon ram air hood scoop, MAC performance direct fit headers, 3" 304 SS Dual exhaust, hood pin appearance kit, Red l.E.D. underbody lights, Boy Racer rear wing, Helix power tower plus Throttle body spacer, ventvisor deflector, Aeroform chin spoiler, SVT 18" 9.5 45/255 frount SVT 18" 9.5 40/285 rear trire , GTO rear blackout kit, OEM rear splash guards, Steeda CAI, 8.8 rear axle with 3.73.1 LSD, killer Glass Hose, Smoked Window Louvers by GT Styling 35% Tenting on rear and side windows.
2007STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:58 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

i love how you called out to spector V lol hahah

good luck bro, hope everything works out.
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Pictures of knobs? You re-used what gaskets-All?? Make sure you didn't get coolant in the combustion chamber. Sounds like you have a huge vacuum leak due to the gaskets. Fix the known problems then see how it changes.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:49 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

thanks for the help guys. iac valve is good to go that was plugged up. im prety sure the rookie mistake cost me. i never re use gaskets and im not a rookie so im ashamed i have the new gaskets for the throttle body, iac valve, upper and lower intake maniolds! whats funny is with the cps knocked lose this thing sounds like a 427 lol. im talkin its camin like a BEAST. i called a cook in today to run my restaurant and im taking the whole day off to fix this problem. the hissing sound to me makes me thank its a gasket leak. but the hissing combined with the CPS its hilarious. sounds like a supercharged 427. i wish i would have video taped that and youtube it LOL, any it will be back and running tonite i pray and ill post a new thread about the gains of a " proper port & polish"

Old 11-04-2009, 03:22 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

good luck!
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:05 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

JJJEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! aight heres an update. well will put it back together the last nite and it sounded like a socket bouncing around the engine when we cranked it. i was pissed! well that was at 11pm last nite.! its 12:03pm pf the next day and im still awake and havent left the shop. i tore down the engine and took the heads off and found nothing. i guess it was just a bolt lose! its back together now and its running smooth......finally. "WHAT I HAVE LEARNED" part is,,,,,,,,,,NEVER F#CK WITH THE DAILY DRIVER!

Old 11-05-2009, 12:07 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

better yet....if you'r gonna go that deep....let a pro **** with the daily driver!
Glad ya finally got it running smoother! How's it running? Better than before?
outlawfrog is probably right
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawfrog View Post
I might pull an "osirisguy", and make that my new sig quote!
outlawfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:36 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

you can feel a little more get up and go but nothin that was worth that lol, but it had to be done anyway for the turbo so im glad its out the way. and what you mean "let the pros F#ch with daily driver".......BRO WE IS SOME PROS LOL.....well.....we something like them LOL

Old 11-05-2009, 12:55 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

hahaha...pro what?
well, I'm glad you got her up and running! I know how irritating that **** can be. I'm in the process of getting my cbr running again. Got a fouled plug and gummed-up carbs( my lazy *** let it sit too long...grr).
outlawfrog is probably right
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawfrog View Post
I might pull an "osirisguy", and make that my new sig quote!
outlawfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:01 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

acceleration is a alot better in 1st and 2nd gear just to let everyone know whos thinking about doing this! just read up and CHANGE GASKETS

Old 11-05-2009, 09:37 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

Well at least you learned something(?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang