first speeding ticket - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-06-2009, 01:47 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Send a message via Yahoo to Senorjizzy
Thumbs down first speeding ticket

i got pulled over today, and recieved my first speeding ticket. there wasnt a price on it but im pretty sure it will be high since i was going 54 in a 35. poor me. any help as to how i get this deffered?
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2009, 01:53 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Re: first speeding ticket

Might want to look into defensive driving school. You didn't say where you were from, so I don't really know if that's an option, for you. If you can do it, it won't really save you any money, but it'll keep your record clean.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:00 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

There should be a phone # on the ticket, or on a seperate slip that the pig...umm....i mean officer gave you. call that #, they'll tell you how much. I'm not sure about the oklahoma laws, but i got a ticket in north carolina one time......at 15 mph over, a court appearance is mandatory, unless you hire a crook....umm....i mean attorney to represent you in court.
outlawfrog is probably right
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawfrog View Post
I might pull an "osirisguy", and make that my new sig quote!
outlawfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2009, 03:53 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

be thankful its not reckless driving which it could be. If its your first one you can get traffic school which will cost as much if not more... but it wont go on your records and wont raise your insurance (shouldnt)
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:04 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

I'm still crossing my fingers... approaching 25 and still no speeding ticket!

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Yah I don't know Oklahoma works, but up here I was able to talk to the assistant DA (who was fine as hell btw) and got the overall dollar amount knocked down. I still got 4 points knocked off, but I was more worried about the money at the time.

I was super lucky, 22 over (77 in a 55) didn't raise my insurance at all.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:10 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
I'm still crossing my fingers... approaching 25 and still no speeding ticket!
Yah, you just get pulled over for you exhaust and taillight tint right?

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

Old 11-06-2009, 07:42 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
Yah, you just get pulled over for you exhaust and taillight tint right?
sadly, since I went offroad x and stingers, I haven't been pulled over... even though it echos throughout the town. I had a cop ride my *** all around town tonight, ****ing ******. All because I blipped the throttle to about 2k rpm...

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 11-06-2009, 10:24 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
sadly, since I went offroad x and stingers, I haven't been pulled over... even though it echos throughout the town. I had a cop ride my *** all around town tonight, ****ing ******. All because I blipped the throttle to about 2k rpm...
Wow what a hardass, probably jealous of the car...

Old 11-07-2009, 07:34 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

ive got 9 speeding ticket and 2 were wreckless driving and running a red light. after u get pulled over enough youll get to know the officers on a name to name bases and things will be easier and theyll cut u some slack. i been pulled over twice in 6 months both by cops who eat at my restaurant every week and they knew who i was so they let me slide. succes has its rewards LOL. "my luck will run out though"......that came from a judge!
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 09:42 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebs5408 View Post
ive got 9 speeding ticket and 2 were wreckless driving and running a red light. after u get pulled over enough youll get to know the officers on a name to name bases and things will be easier and theyll cut u some slack. i been pulled over twice in 6 months both by cops who eat at my restaurant every week and they knew who i was so they let me slide. succes has its rewards LOL. "my luck will run out though"......that came from a judge!
hahaha
Quote:
Old 11-07-2009, 09:53 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Holy Wow dude, that's a lot of motorized vehicle violations! You are one lucky s.o.b.!

Old 11-07-2009, 10:09 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

it doesn't sound like your luck has been that great, with 9 speeding tickets. Maybe take a hint?

Old 11-07-2009, 03:55 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

what u mean hint? i never lost my license or anything but its cost me attorney fees and alot of court dates to have kept them lol. im 26! 9 in 10 years isnt bad LOL. it could be worse. i only speed around were i know the cops at now. ive learned my lesson. believe it or not those little cobra police datectors u get from wal mart actually have said me plenty of times too. might want to invest in one of those. ppl say they never worked but they have for me.
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

Old 11-07-2009, 04:08 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

or... quit speeding...

Old 11-07-2009, 05:57 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

that is a good idea but idk just i think thats impossible....everybody speeds most of the time without knowing it...i take it ur not a street racer, im not saying that "cool" or anything but street racing is a hobby of mine, i dont race on busy highways or through traffic but there is a semi big underground street racing scene were i stay, its fun! i dont do it for the rush of getting caught thats not me, honeslty if there was a drag strip open on friday nite that marketed to street racers were we could line up and go i would be there every week and i probably wouldnt speed cause i would be saving my babys power for the track lol

Old 11-07-2009, 06:46 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
that is a good idea but idk just i think thats impossible....everybody speeds most of the time without knowing it...i take it ur not a street racer, im not saying that "cool" or anything but street racing is a hobby of mine, i dont race on busy highways or through traffic but there is a semi big underground street racing scene were i stay, its fun! i dont do it for the rush of getting caught thats not me, honeslty if there was a drag strip open on friday nite that marketed to street racers were we could line up and go i would be there every week and i probably wouldnt speed cause i would be saving my babys power for the track lol
no, street racing is stupid... regardless of whether or not a track is near. No, we don't have a track near here.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:28 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

well arent u the party pooper LOL! its all a matter of opinion. personally i love it. im a gear head i love to race

Old 11-09-2009, 12:16 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
well arent u the party pooper LOL! its all a matter of opinion. personally i love it. im a gear head i love to race
it isn't a matter of opinion... it's a matter of the law

Old 11-09-2009, 05:33 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

you must be a cop lol, once again....the LAWs are a matter of opinion and i wasnt consulted when the damn laws were made so i choose to obey the ones i go by lol. street racing can be stupid to a degree, espically if u go near the ricers, my heart does go out to anybody who has ever lost anybody to street racing im scared to death that one day my tires are gonna get sides at 130mph but thats part of the chance i take doin it and im aware of the risk, ive calmed down alot since ive got in my 20s, i seen i was one of the few to make it this far and now with my business blowin up i have alot to lose so i think twice before doin certain things, im kinda getting this vibe that mayb u have lost a loved one to street racing so im not gonna argue with u about it, just know everybody and i mean EVERYBODY has launched at a redlight or dropped it from 5th to 3rd at 60mpg and kicked it around the car in front of them just for fun and that my friend in one form or another is "street racing",...take care bud

Old 11-09-2009, 04:03 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

I'm 24... and not a cop.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:07 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

oh ok well im 26....and bless ur heart:.....is there any reason why have a modified mustang? have u gotten into 5th gear before since u dont speed?

Old 11-09-2009, 10:21 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Zebs, I'm 2 hrs from you.....there's a 1/8th mile track south of Dothan, in Cottonwood. I think there's even a 1/4 mile track in Montgomery, which is what....an hour, 1.5 hrs from you?
Quote:
Old 11-09-2009, 10:59 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

Quote:
have u gotten into 5th gear before since u dont speed?
Ford recommends for fuel efficiency that at ~40 MPH you should be in 5th gear. Well under or around many speed limits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:51 AM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
oh ok well im 26....and bless ur heart:.....is there any reason why have a modified mustang? have u gotten into 5th gear before since u dont speed?
I do 5 over outside of town. In town, I'm typically right on the limit. Cops up here are far too fond of my car. I have a modified mustang because I like it better this way. The hassle of tickets and getting pulled over isn't worth speeding. It's probably worth noting I haven't always been "safe" with the GT, I took it to the limited speed shortly after getting it. The issue for me is that it isn't worth it IF you get caught. It's fun to enjoy the car up to near the speed limit.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:30 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

theres a track in eufala thats about the closes when i know of it. but by the time i closed down the restaurant and everything and got out that way it would be 1am lol. and i did not know ur suppose to be in 5th at 40mph, thats insane lol, my car would bog down! and far as u jimmey i guess i can respect that. i just dont know how u resist to drop gear and go when ur sitting on 300lbs of torque lol, after one of those big $300 tickets i slowedmy butt down for awhile but then when i got comfortable again i started going fast. its like a drug or something!

Old 11-10-2009, 06:45 AM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

too many cops/cameras/helicopters where i live. i go 5-10 over typically.

not always though - when i was a bit younger (as in, 4 years ago?) i sped a lot. i got caught doin 72 in a 55 and they got me for tint too. after that i just take it easy on the pedal.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:47 AM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

91 in a 70 is my worst numerically. 60 in a 30 is my worst by percentage. I took driving school for both of those. I got pulled over for well into triple-digits in a 70, once in my old Camaro. Cop let me off with a warning.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:06 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

hmm....I THINK the last one I got, I had one of my crew drive me down to mobile, to pick-up my new company truck (this was a few years, and much better pay checks ago).....on the way back, we were on I65, between the two Atmore exits, trooper was sitting in the median at the end of the woods.....Whit and I were the last two in a line of about seven.....and WE get pulled over!! That was the bull**** part! The dick got me for 96 in a 70, and got Whit for following too closely....rofl
Quote:
Old 11-10-2009, 10:17 AM   #30

Have any of you guys tried that GPS program that alerts you to speed traps. looks interesting. I was thinking of trying out phantom alert. anyone with personal experience in here?

phantom alert review
jimmayor007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:22 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Talking Re: first speeding ticket

Quote:
There's something about blue mustangs where they never get tickets- examples:

1997 white mercery sable: 1 ticket (43 in a 25)
2000 dakota sport: (4.7 v8, 59 in a 40)
2008 5 speed mustang, bolt ons, NO MUFFLERS, RATTLES EVERYTHING (even though it's not a v8 roar) pulled over 4 TIMES NO TICKETS!

87 in a 55, cop just asked what mods and said "slow down"
130 in 65 (beat a hemi Charger, cop gunned ME down) cop pulled his gun on me because he saw my movie prop glock on the back seat, cleared it as a fake gun, he gets called to a bigger problem, left me there, no ticket, not even a warning!
Burn out down town through stop sign, 35 in 25 "I didn't see you burn out just heard you and couldn't get the radar gun out in time before you slammed the breaks on" No ticket
Last but not least, CHP paces next to me at night, 120 MPH, he has no lights on so i don't notice him. Spotlight hits me in the face, I freak out, slow down, he slows down... doesn't pull me over...

Now that I have written this all down I realize I drive like an idiot.
stangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:24 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmayor007 View Post
Have any of you guys tried that GPS program that alerts you to speed traps. looks interesting. I was thinking of trying out phantom alert. anyone with personal experience in here?

phantom alert review
works like a charm, logs all hiding places, notifies you if you're driving towards a DUI checkpoint, or if once is seen near you, alerts you when there's live police (radar gun etc) between that and a radar detector it's hard to get a ticket anymore
stangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:47 AM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

i have some free iphone app that shows me speed traps - never really used it though.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:16 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
There's something about blue mustangs where they never get tickets- examples:

1997 white mercery sable: 1 ticket (43 in a 25)
2000 dakota sport: (4.7 v8, 59 in a 40)
2008 5 speed mustang, bolt ons, NO MUFFLERS, RATTLES EVERYTHING (even though it's not a v8 roar) pulled over 4 TIMES NO TICKETS!

87 in a 55, cop just asked what mods and said "slow down"
130 in 65 (beat a hemi Charger, cop gunned ME down) cop pulled his gun on me because he saw my movie prop glock on the back seat, cleared it as a fake gun, he gets called to a bigger problem, left me there, no ticket, not even a warning!
Burn out down town through stop sign, 35 in 25 "I didn't see you burn out just heard you and couldn't get the radar gun out in time before you slammed the breaks on" No ticket
Last but not least, CHP paces next to me at night, 120 MPH, he has no lights on so i don't notice him. Spotlight hits me in the face, I freak out, slow down, he slows down... doesn't pull me over...

Now that I have written this all down I realize I drive like an idiot.
Quote:
Old 11-11-2009, 10:04 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

WOW, how did this post go from being about one guys ticket to about how jimmy beaner and Zebs drive lol

let me tell you guys how much fun it is here in NYC! basically you get a ticket and you WILL get a ticket for somthing, cops go as far as running back to there car before you can give the your registration so they can write you a ticket for not showing it. oh yah, ITS TRUE>

so you go to court and they have 5 guys standing around who call your name. there job is to plea bargin you down, reduce things to just a fine and have you appear infront of the judge. you see the judge, judge says you plead guilty, you say yes, he said great go pay the cashier, have a great day lol

i just paid 400 dollars and lost 3 points on my licence and its from driving my nissan rouge! lol

Also about a year ago i was told by a cop in NYC that if he EVER EVER saw my car in this city again he would haved it impounded in a heart beat. So the mustang has never been and will never be in this city ever again! lol

Welcome to NYC!
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang