High Current Fuses? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-13-2005, 11:10 AM   #1
High Current Fuses?

Ok I blew the fuse on my accessory plug on my 95 mustang... No big deal I open the users manual to find out which fuse it is so that I can replace it.
1st the manual says that the fuse in question is a "High Current Fuse" what exactly is the difference in a "High current fuse" and a normal fuse, and how do I tell if a fuse is "high current"?
Second the manul seems to indicate that this fuse will onyl exist if I have a convertable (which I do not) anyone know if the fuse is in a different location for convertables and hardtops?

jwarburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:58 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh
Re: High Current Fuses?

High current fuses are located in the engine bay, not the driver side fuse panel.

If you follow the positive wire off your battery you will see it eventually leads to a black box. That is your HC Fuse panel. Take off the cover and pull the fuse in question. Radio Shack may have replacements as well as auto parts stores.
Kiljosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang