HELP ASAP AND IDEAS - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-19-2009, 08:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
HELP ASAP AND IDEAS

as some of you know im installing a supercharger at the moment that is giving problems from all angels LOL, well we got everything going but now the oil feed line is busted, i cut it hoping to be able to attach it it back together and clamp it but its not working and leaking oil everywhere, i need IDEAS or WEBSITES were i can overnite one, its 1/4” Oil feed hose (3.16 ft.) #4 swivel x 1/4” hose barb fitting, thats copied/pasted from the online manual lol! vortech doesnt sale them individually, if anybody knows any website or a tick how to make one let me know, ALL IDEAS WELCOMED (but no bull****)....thank you gentlemen
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2009, 09:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Vermont
Re: HELP ASAP AND IDEAS

I found this not sure if it'll help good luck. Buy MIL-DTL-6000 Fuel & Oil Hose 1/4" Diameter (Price per Foot)

02 GT 5 spd. Best 1/4 12.28 @ 112mph
67mustang97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

I'd take it all to a parts house, and see if they could make you another. I know WE don't make hydrolic hoses, but our Ozark store does, so surely there would be one in Columbus/Phenix City that does. If no luck there, try a farm equipment place....they'll have the stuff to make hoses for tractors....can't see how it'd be much different.
outlawfrog is probably right
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawfrog View Post
I might pull an "osirisguy", and make that my new sig quote!
outlawfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2009, 07:01 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

yea man im gonna just take it to home depot today and see if they can think of something, i also have another problem, we finally fired her up but we hadnt installed the fuel pump yet, its idling horrible and then shuts off, is this cause the fuel pumps not hooked up yet or am i gonna have another problem to deal with?
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

Old 11-20-2009, 08:32 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

Yea listen to these guys in both your threads, take it to a store and just try and fab up a new one.

If the fuel pump isn't hooked up how does the motor get fuel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:49 AM   #6
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsirisGuy View Post
If the fuel pump isn't hooked up how does the motor get fuel?
+1

If you just mean it is because the new pump isn't hooked up, but the old one is...the idling can be a result of a couple things.

I'm not completely up to speed on everything, but, did you install new larger injectors? If so...there's your issue if you haven't updated your tune for the larger injectors.

The change in the air flow over the MAF can also be a problem in regards to your tune. You've changed the way the air is flowing over the sensor so the tune could just need some tweaks to compensate for it.

There could also be a leak somewhere...

However, if you have no oil feed line, I wouldn't recommend starting the car up until you get that issue fixed. you don't want to be spinning the blower with no oil feed.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:07 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

thanks guys for your help! i didnt upgrade injectors yet it wasnt suggested but im sure i will in the future, i didnt mean a fuel pump wasnt hooked up just the NEW fuel pump wasnt hooked up as in im still on the stock one, there is a leak in the oil feed line which is off to get fixed this moment, im hoping with the Upgraded fuel pump put in today and the line fixed that the car will be ready to drive to get tuned, can i tune it with my diablo?

Old 11-20-2009, 06:21 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I'm no help there.....I've never even SEEN a diablo...lol
Quote:
Old 11-20-2009, 07:21 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

ahh man a predator diablo is nice to have! great for extra gains and for diagnostic checks, its around $300-$400 but worth it, i have saved that must just by not taking it to a shop and seeing what wrong with it cause all i had to do was plug in and find the problem, it will even tell you what the code means so you can get started then, right now im not reading any new codes so im guess it not idling and bogging down cause its not getting enough fuel because the NEW fuel pump is not installed!

Old 11-20-2009, 08:25 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I've looked at the diablo online....but it says 98 and up....so no good on my 96, so i'll just deal with my old superchips tuner til I can save-up for this one...
SCT Mustang LiveWire Custom Tuner (96-10) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
Quote:
Old 11-21-2009, 07:26 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

the sct to is good too its all basically a matter of preference kinda like the flowmaster and magnaflow thing, its whatever you like the best, to me its the diablo cause it seems simplier and im simple minded LOL, anyway update bro.....we got the oil feed line and the guy even through in an extra one for free, now this external fuel pump is a *****HHHHH, i gave up and my boy did too, its to intimadating. there a hose here connected to there bring around to the front make it fuel injected cause its carbareted crazy system, and you gotta splice wires and stuff, just not interested and doing it myself, i got a shop that will do it for $130 but there closed till monday, i have VORTECH SUPERCHARGER INSTALLED INTO MY MUSTANG THERE IS NO WAITING TILL MONDAY I NEEDS IT NOW LOL, its sucks being this excited and having the power you so been desperatly seeking right in front of you and installed but cant keep it idling, it tares you apart inside

Old 11-21-2009, 03:17 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

aww, man.....I feel for ya! BUT.....even though I know how excited and impatient you are with this, just give it the time to get it done RIGHT! lol.....you've had ENOUGH bad luck on this install!
Quote:
Old 11-21-2009, 10:38 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

aight another problem and i feel like an idiot, ok i bought this kit used and its only 4 months old, well my friend looks at it and says hey he forgot your fuel pump! so i say damn and immediatly go buy a fuel pump, well after look carfully over the 99-04 installation guide THERE IS NO UPGRADE FUEL PUMP!!!!!!! there upgrade 38# injectors, i do have to find those for it to work, has anybody heard of a supercharger runnning on a stock fuel pump? if anybody gets a min (outlawfrog) go to vortechs website then to support and download the install manual for the v6 mustang vortech, the manual has the guide for the install on the 94-98 and the 99-up! the 94-98 parts list has the fmu and fuel pump and it makes it clear to say in () that its for the 94-98ONLY, there no fuel upgrade on the 99-up except for the injectors, if anybody could double check this that would be great, i need to knoq if all i need is the injectors! thanks for keepin up with this frog.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:50 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

workin on it now.....gimme a few
Quote:
Old 11-21-2009, 11:05 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

ok....here's the prob I'm having....on vortec's site, on the support page...ford cars....the only v-6 listed is 94-00 3.8.......the 94-04 is for the 4.6.....but I'm assuming the basics are the same....here's a copy paste from the 94-00 3.8:
A. Remove the plastic clips holding the ignition wires
to the upper manifold. Disconnect the throttle
cable and cruise control cable. Remove the 12
screws securing the upper manifold. Disconnect
all hose/line and electrical connections and noting
their routing. Remove the coil pack, throttle cable
bracket and EGR solenoid bracket wiring harness.
Unsnap the wiring loom from the back of the
upper manifold.
B. Lift the upper manidold carefully off of the lower
manifold. Cover the lower manifold with a clean
cloth or rag to help prevent debris from falling into
the engine.
C. Disconnect the wiring harness from each injector
and clips securing the injectors to the fuel rail.
8. FUEL INJECTOR REPLACEMENT, (1999-2000 models only)
A. The EGR tube must be modified to allow proper
clearance for the air inlet ducting. Using a tubing
cutter, cut the EGR tube just before the 90° bend
downward and just after the 90° bend that heads
to the exhaust manifold. Use the supplied flexible
tube to gauge the proper amount of tubing to be
removed, cut and discard section. (See Fig. 9-a.)
B. Remove any burrs remaining on the EGR tube.
Install the two 1/2" NPT x 5/8 tubing connectors
on to each end of the flexible tube and tighten.
(See Fig. 9-b.)
C. Slide one end of the flexible tube assembly over
each end of the EGR tube and tighten the
compression fittings. (See Fig. 9-c.)
9. EGR TUBE MODIFICATION (1999-2000 VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH AN EGR TUBE)
D. Remove the four fuel rail screws (two per side).
Lift the fuel rails up and remove the injectors.
E. Lube the O-rings on the new injectors and install
into the fuel rails first, then install the fuel rail
assembly into the manifold. Reinstall the retainer
clips onto the injectors and fuel rail.
F. Reinstall the four fuel rail retainer screws. Install
the supplied jumpers onto the new injectors and
connect the wiring harness to each one.
G. Reinstall the previously removed components in
reverse order.
Quote:
Old 11-21-2009, 11:06 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

here's a copy/paste from the 4.6 :
6. FUEL INJECTOR REPLACEMENT (1999-2004 Models Only)
A. Disconnect the eight (8) fuel injector wiring clips and retainers from the fuel injectors. Release any residual fuel pressure from the rail by opening the schrader valve on the rail. Have a fire extinguisher nearby and use extreme caution.
B. Remove the bolts holding down the factory fuel rail onto the intake manifold. Lift up on to the rails evenly, removing all eight injectors.
C. Using a small amount of clean motor oil, lightly lubricate the O-rings on both ends on the Vortech supplied fuel injectors.
D. Install the new injectors into the fuel rails with the terminals facing outward.
E. Carefully lower the fuel rail/injector assembly down onto the intake manifold. Check to see that each injector has been seated properly into the manifold.
F. Tighten down the fuel rail assembly with the original bolts and attach the wiring clips to the injector terminals.
Quote:
Old 11-21-2009, 11:11 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

this is also from the 4.6 guide:
5.3 FUEL PUMP INSTALLATION (1999-2004 Models Only)
A. Raise the rear of the car and support it with jack-stands.
B. Open the fuel door and remove the fuel-cap and the three filler neck screws using a 10mm socket.
C. Remove the fuel filter inlet line with a 3/8" springlock tool.
D. With the weight of the fuel tank supported with a jack, remove the bolts securing the two fuel tank straps.
E. Slowly lower the fuel tank, allowing it to lean over with the filler side up, until the electrical connections leading to the center mounted fuel pump are revealed. Disconnect these two electrical connections.
F. Remove the six bolts securing the fuel pump access cover (on top of the fuel tank) with an 8mm wrench. Depress the two clips securing the plastic fuel pump enclosure and slide it out of the tank. The fuel sender float is attached to the fuel pump enclosure and must be handled with care. Ensure that the tank has been lowered enough to remove the fuel pump enclosure.
G. Remove the two screws securing the plastic fuel pump outlet manifold to the enclosure cap. Pull the manifold up and away from the fuel pump.
H. Remove the three screws securing the fuel pump enclosure’s cover using a 3/16 nut-driver and remove the cover.
I. Remove the stock fuel pump from its enclosure. Separate the rubber pump support from beneath the filter and install it on the supplied pump. Secure the support with the new filter provided.
J. Using the supplied fuel pump, reassemble the fuel pump assembly and canister with cap.
K. Reinstall the canister assembly into the fuel tank and reattach the electrical connections.
L. Reinstall the fuel tank, reconnect the fuel filter inlet line, reattach the fuel filler neck and reinstall the fuel cap.
M. Turn the ignition key on and check the fuel pump for leaks.
Quote:
Old 11-21-2009, 11:12 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

the 3.8 guide says the fmu and fuel pump upgrades are on the 94-98's only

send me the part # from the vortec....so I can try to find something more specific
Quote:
Old 11-21-2009, 11:23 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

here's another little bit that I found in the 94-00 3,8 guide.......HOPEFULLY this will not apply to the 04 model:

1999-2000 Models
This kit requires ECM modification and the installation of a Vortech ECM Module.
The ECM must be sent directly to Vortech by the installing customer (the charge
for this service with module installation has been included in the purchase price).
• Included in this kit is a prepaid next-day air shipping box and a credit tag for one
Vortech ECM Module.
• The modules are made specifically for each individual vehicle with respect to the
factory ECM calibration.
• Simply contact the Vortech Service Department at 805 247-0226 to request a
Return Authorization Number (see ECM Module Credit Tag for more details).
—Mail to Vortech the enclosed "ECM Module Credit Tag" (send original tag
photocopies will not be accepted) and ECM in the supplied box.
—Turnaround time will be 1-2 days (each application varies). Vortech will give an
estimate at the time of your order.
Your Vortech ECM Module comes with a twelve month limited warranty from the
original date of purchase of your supercharger system (see Owner's Manual for
details).

Umm....if all else fails....call the ****ers Monday morning:
Vortech Engineering
1650 Pacific Avenue
Oxnard, CA 93033

Hours of Operation

Monday - Thursday:
8:30 am to 4:30 pm PST

Friday:
8:30 am to 12:00 pm PST

Phone: 805-247-0226
Fax: 805-247-0669

Send email to info@vortechsuperchargers.com.
Due to the amount of email we are currently receiving, please allow 2-3 business days for a reply.

If you need technical assistance please call 805-247-0226 and select option 2.
Quote:
Old 11-22-2009, 12:07 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

If you think you can cope without my heroic efforts(hahahahaha) ......it's bedtime.....gotta work 9-6 tomorrow.....so I'll check in on ya when I get home......goodluck!!!
Quote:
Old 11-22-2009, 08:01 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

AND THE FROG COMES THROUGH LOL! yea the 99-00 is basically the sameone im going off of! its the same thing as my engine, i overnite the enjectors from vortech! should be here tomorrow, if you look on the installation guide you download it will say parts list, look at the 99-00 parts list, its says nothing about fmu or fuel pump but only injectors, now this ecm thing is new to me! i hoping any tune needed i can install myself with the diable! im gonna install these injectors and go from there, keep it coming frog i apperciate all of it man!

Old 11-22-2009, 08:14 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

yea....try the diablo first.....that may be from back before there were so many "home tuners" on the market? hopefully! lol if nothing else, call em Monday morning just to verify... or, call diablo Tech Support 800-531-5484 Option 1 M-F 9:00-5:00 EST
MAYBE even try A.M. tech support (866) 727-1266 (9AM - 9PM EST Mon.-Fri., 10AM - 4PM EST Sat.)
Quote:
Old 11-22-2009, 03:12 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

much awarded thank you points to you sir! ill post again tomorrow!

Old 11-23-2009, 10:18 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

soooo....how goes it???
Quote:
Old 11-24-2009, 12:16 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

Ah, the new fuel pump, I thought something didn't sound right. As for an upgraded fuel pump look into the SVT Focus pump; I forget what years and applications (and cross references) but I remember that some guys were swapping those for the increase in fuel delivery. Or just try looking for an aftermarket fuel pump that increases flow than what you have now and can handle what's needed. I guess it goes with out saying that the reason the car was shutting off was that there wasn't enough fuel being delivered. Also make sure you prime the fuel lines and all before you start it.

As for tuning I'm pretty sure you'll need (or strongly want) a custom tune. Handhelds can only deal with so many parameters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang