fordchip question knowledgeable ppl only. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-02-2003, 07:03 PM   #1
Road Trip!
Send a message via AIM to MusclesFromBrussels
fordchip question knowledgeable ppl only.

Most likely going to go with a fordchip soon. i got two questions

1. Im getting the flip chip because im running nitrous BUT i dont have the nitrous yet. Will it be ok to get the flip side burnt for nitrous even tho i dont have it installed yet? And just use it when i do get it installed.

B. Ive heard that fordchip is back on top of things and its not taking as long to get ur chip anyone know anything about this?

MusclesFromBrussels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 09:13 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Region: New Hampshire
Question #1.. Yes, it is ok to get a flip chip burned for N2O, and don't use that setting until you get it installed.. There will be absolutely no problem with that.

Question #2.. I have no knowledge of any changes, so I can't comment, other than to say it's worth the wait..

Can't afford Mods? Go To College!
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 09:13 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
1. If you have a flipchip and one side is for nitrous and you dont have it yet just dont flip it to that side.

Im still waiting on my 4th chip to come to me. It has been a month. Pete told me it would be here on the no later than aug 8th and again pete said no later than the aug 30th and still no chip
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 10:18 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Region: Illinois
It looks like the long delays are with orders that have been in process for a while or ones with changes made after the initial order was made.
This is my observation not fact.

Here is what Pete has posted today about ordering:

Again, if anybody needs something and you want it quick.... Talk to us about your combo 1st. Then get all the parts you need if any. Then submit all your info/flowsheets and payment together at the same time. If you make us look back for just delays getting your order out.

Also, do not send any e-mails for orders or parts to my personal e-mails. If you want a needs to go through the e-mail. I check fordchip e-mail more often than I check my own.

If you are dealing with someone specifically I would mark it to their attention at the very top of the email. And always copy yourself on all emails so you have record of what has transpired.
Custom Delk motor now DOA
2003 SVT Lightning #1059 of 4270
2000 Vert 4R70W
Only buy from vendors that test and stand behind their products
slvr2000stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang