Nitrous Questions. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-24-2009, 07:40 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Nitrous Questions.

Well, I've got a few questions concerning NO. I've searched, but it may just be easier for everyone with questions all in one place and definitely for me. Here they are:

1. Can you get a NOS for a 2004 v6 Mustang?
A: (Edit) Yes, you can: http://www.mustangevolution.com/articles/20077/

2. What NOS would you prefer for a great price and good (not incredible) quality? (75HP Shots is good)

3. Is Nitrous illegal to have in Arizona? What are the laws here? I searched on the internet, but no definitive answer.

4. At around 00:57, in this video (), vapor comes out of the grill. Is that standard or how would you get that?
Thanks ahead.

-v0nz.
v0nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2009, 12:17 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Re: Nitrous Questions.

If I'm not mistken, those "vapors" are a nitrous purge. Which, I assume you "purge" the system to get air out of the lines....basically that is a last minute "prime" before a launch. If I'm wrong, hopefully one of the guys with actual knowledge of NOS will correct me.
outlawfrog is probably right
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawfrog View Post
I might pull an "osirisguy", and make that my new sig quote!
outlawfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:56 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

Is definitely a purge as a few of my friends have had nitrous on misc cars.

2002 True Blue V6 to GT Vert
16.1@86 as an auto 3.8
2.15 60', 9.3@77, 14.4@96 as a 5spd SOHC 4.6
runvsofthisbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2009, 07:46 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Alright cool. How about a nitrous system. What would you guys recommend?
Old 11-25-2009, 11:49 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

We'll I've been told that Zex kits are very good because they rate their HP to the real wheels, but then again I've never delt with nitrous. NOS, Nitrous Express, and Zex would be the only 3 kits I would choose or possibly edelbrock, but I haven't heard much about their kits.

2002 True Blue V6 to GT Vert
16.1@86 as an auto 3.8
2.15 60', 9.3@77, 14.4@96 as a 5spd SOHC 4.6
runvsofthisbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #6
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by runvsofthisbull View Post
We'll I've been told that Zex kits are very good because they rate their HP to the real wheels, but then again I've never delt with nitrous. NOS, Nitrous Express, and Zex would be the only 3 kits I would choose or possibly edelbrock, but I haven't heard much about their kits.
I would agree with this as well.

As for the illegal in arizona question, yes, it is. In fact, it is illegal in every state. That doesn't mean people don't do it, but it is not legal to drive around as a bottle hooked up to your car. Cops may or may not be jerks about it. Just don't go purging at red lights or in parking lots and what not.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:29 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Alright, thank you everyone. Great tips and help. I'm really starting to like the forum .
Old 12-07-2009, 09:32 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

stay away from edelbrock kits, zex has issues with there control boxes and nx express and NOS by holley has never given me any issues.
BIG_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:44 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to SaturnMan8227

I ran a NOS powerfogger kit on my Saturn for years. awesome system. I have about 90% of that kit in my 04 V6 Stang now. I plan to be using a ZEX universail TPS switch with the NOS system.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:24 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

You have alot to learn before even thinking about buying any nitrous products. At least you have asked before spending money on a useless kit.

There are two main types of nitrous kits. A dry kit and a wet kit. The difference between the two is the dry kit is simply a nitrous nozzle/ring with no added fuel. In order to properly run a dry nitrous setup you will need a tune to add more fuel to compensate. I would also highly recommend spraying a dry shot before the MAF so it also has time to adjust for the added combustion.

A wet kit is when you have a nozzle that uses both a fuel and nitrous line together to compensate for the added combustion. A wet kit does take a little more work to install, is more expensive, but is the safer of the two systems to use. When the proper jets are installed it is adding the extra fuel you will be needing for the nitrous.

That was an extremely quick rundown for you on the general setups, I would recommend spending several hours talking to a few knowledgeable people on the subject and researching on the internet. When used properly it is a safe and efficient way to add power when you need it, when not used properly it's a good way to get a new engine.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Tags
nitrous