Lookin to pick a fight!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-26-2009, 10:29 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Lookin to pick a fight!!!

Hey whats up?! I hope you are well. So......here's whats up. Got my **** straightened out now. So, now, I'm lookin to pick a fight. I'm hungery for the following:

Turd-maros
Fire-chickens
Lightenings
Mustang GTs
Vettes (C3s and C4s) (wanna do C5's and C6's on the strip)

To be fair, this is what I'm workin with:

01 Mustang V6 auto

gutted trunk
gutted back seat
front/rear bumper supports gutted
3:73s
Supercharger (6lbs of boost)
H-pipe
BBK shorties
no cats
been dynoed (making more than a comparable cobra of equal yr)

I live in Hopkinsville, Ky (hr north of Nashville, hr west of Bowling Green, Ky, Hr south of Paducha, ky). Yahoo is rinfield2004. and my myspace url is that as well. from there we can sort logistics out.

I'm game, I'm down, Im able to take a win and a loss like a man.

Lemme know whats up.
rinfield2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2009, 10:40 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: Lookin to pick a fight!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinfield2004 View Post
Hey whats up?! I hope you are well. So......here's whats up. Got my **** straightened out now. So, now, I'm lookin to pick a fight. I'm hungery for the following:

Turd-maros
Fire-chickens
Lightenings
Mustang GTs
Vettes (C3s and C4s) (wanna do C5's and C6's on the strip)

To be fair, this is what I'm workin with:

01 Mustang V6 auto

gutted trunk
gutted back seat
front/rear bumper supports gutted
3:73s
Supercharger (6lbs of boost)
H-pipe
BBK shorties
no cats
been dynoed (making more than a comparable cobra of equal yr)

I live in Hopkinsville, Ky (hr north of Nashville, hr west of Bowling Green, Ky, Hr south of Paducha, ky). Yahoo is rinfield2004. and my myspace url is that as well. from there we can sort logistics out.

I'm game, I'm down, Im able to take a win and a loss like a man.

Lemme know whats up.
Looking at your mod list, an LS1 camaro/trans am would still beat the crap out of you.
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Never said nor bosted that I'd win. To add to this......There's a 1/4 mi track not far from me. And......exactly how sure are you of this. Cuz, I've had run ins with LS slows and they didn't get far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2009, 10:48 PM   #4
Road Trip!

At 6psi, your making at most 270rwhp and that is going to be at the top of your power curve... You have an auto...

So I'm about 95% sure, there are rare occasions though, I've seen a 666hp cobra beaten buy a bolt on ls1 on a track.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

What is it with everyone in society. Everyone seems to a have a V8 mentality. "if its not a V8, its not ****"....which I find bull****. I'm not gonna argue, bicker, or debate. I'm out to pick a fight (win or loose) either for the sake of fun or for food (cuz....I'm not rich, like apparently everyone else).

If you don't care to, fine. Those who are game....I am as well.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:01 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Quote:
What is it with everyone in society. Everyone seems to a have a V8 mentality. "if its not a V8, its not ****"....which I find bull****. I'm not gonna argue, bicker, or debate. I'm out to pick a fight (win or loose) either for the sake of fun or for food (cuz....I'm not rich, like apparently everyone else).

If you don't care to, fine. Those who are game....I am as well.
Who said anything about a v8, you titled this post "looking to pick a fight" when a simple "wanting to race anyone in the KY area" would have been sufficient. Go run the car at the drag strip and have fun with it...
Old 11-27-2009, 12:49 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to modular2valve Send a message via Yahoo to modular2valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCS_SSSTANG View Post
Who said anything about a v8, you titled this post "looking to pick a fight" when a simple "wanting to race anyone in the KY area" would have been sufficient. Go run the car at the drag strip and have fun with it...
I agree, as VCS_SSTANG is also running a modified V6 car as well and him having the "V8 mentality" is far from true.

96 GT- Who knows what's in it.
modular2valve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:17 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

I don't have a v8 mentality, I just like the sound better

My 3.8 had 362 ft lbs of tq to the wheels, and has beaten many LS1s at the track

I was running well more than 6lbs though, with a good deal extra support... What sort of Dyno did you run on? Did they test it at the wheels or at the crank?
Old 11-27-2009, 06:00 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I think LS's are kinda put on a pedistol a little. They're bad, but, they're not THAT bad. I run on a dynojet. and yes, they dyno at the rear wheel.

I'm beating turd-maro SS's and contending with C6's.....so.....I don't see what the deal is.

So, is this going to turn into a discussion or is someone gonna step up?
Old 11-27-2009, 06:48 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
I think LS's are kinda put on a pedistol a little. They're bad, but, they're not THAT bad. I run on a dynojet. and yes, they dyno at the rear wheel.

I'm beating turd-maro SS's and contending with C6's.....so.....I don't see what the deal is.

So, is this going to turn into a discussion or is someone gonna step up?
why not take your badass car out and find some competition? You'll have a lot more luck and a lot quicker results than looking in an online discussion forum. Plus, whoring up the forum with 5 threads on the same stupid topic is typically a bad idea.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:53 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Lol I'm starting to gather this lol. Was an idea I thought I'd try.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:20 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
Lol I'm starting to gather this lol. Was an idea I thought I'd try.
common sense should've been the first thing you used

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 11-27-2009, 07:34 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

lol idk man....seems like every time my car is down (for whatever reason, mods, broke, etc.) all the good cars in town come out. and the moment my car is up, they're all gone and no where to be found. lol. Just my luck.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:41 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

i have v8 mentality
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 07:52 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by upton7 View Post
i have v8 mentality
when you have a v8, you're allowed

Old 11-27-2009, 07:58 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
when you have a v8, you're allowed
lol
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:25 PM   #17
Road Trip!

I have "I know I'm faster than the OP mentality".....

I also have "I doubt a 6psi supercharged 3.8 mustang beat an LS1" knowledge...
Old 11-28-2009, 01:45 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCS_SSSTANG View Post
I have "I know I'm faster than the OP mentality".....

I also have "I doubt a 6psi supercharged 3.8 mustang beat an LS1" knowledge...
outlawfrog is probably right
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawfrog View Post
I might pull an "osirisguy", and make that my new sig quote!
outlawfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:56 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada

Because of the driver factor, anything is possible but I have a hard time believing you'll shame many ls1's with an auto v6 and only 6psi. With that said, if you're looking for a fight that bad, just go to the track. Surely, you'll find lots of gt's and ls1's there. Or if you want to put your life on the line or risk possible jail time, just go cruise around town at night until you find someone. I dont know about kentucky but most places ive been to, its easy to find some late night competition. Just dont blame me if/when you get killed
chris098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:44 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

why not push more boost? 6 psi is not really worth even paying that much for the supercharger! try to push 15 or atleats 10...(15 is pushing it lol), and for your "fight" go out on a friday nite and just looking around for some ricers and follow them, ricers dont really have much to work with but more than likely there gonna try to be cool and try to hang out with some muscle or try to hangout where they do then you can find your race, dont be cocky either, pop your hood and start a convo, i hate ppl who run there mouth than cant win, and even if they do there still just an *******, now if some guys starts with you come back strong but dont come off tough or loud, your in a supercharged v6 bro.....sleeper status....kinda act like your not working with much then just walkm on the first pass, it makes me smile everytime just thinkin about it, and i also only like v8s for sound, but i love my 26 mile to the gallon lol....i think thats worth it. Good luck, and for future refernce when you start a thread the say looking for a fight i promise you the first thing these guys thought was you wanna argue about a car lol
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:53 AM   #21
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

My car is pretty.......
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:04 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

If you were closer, I'd give you a shot at a bone-stock C5. It's not much of a drag-strip car, though.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:23 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebs5408 View Post
why not push more boost? 6 psi is not really worth even paying that much for the supercharger! try to push 15 or atleats 10...(15 is pushing it lol), and for your "fight" go out on a friday nite and just looking around for some ricers and follow them, ricers dont really have much to work with but more than likely there gonna try to be cool and try to hang out with some muscle or try to hangout where they do then you can find your race, dont be cocky either, pop your hood and start a convo, i hate ppl who run there mouth than cant win, and even if they do there still just an *******, now if some guys starts with you come back strong but dont come off tough or loud, your in a supercharged v6 bro.....sleeper status....kinda act like your not working with much then just walkm on the first pass, it makes me smile everytime just thinkin about it, and i also only like v8s for sound, but i love my 26 mile to the gallon lol....i think thats worth it. Good luck, and for future refernce when you start a thread the say looking for a fight i promise you the first thing these guys thought was you wanna argue about a car lol
The GT gets that... or better.

Old 11-29-2009, 01:34 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
The GT gets that... or better.
I dont understand how yall are getting such good gas mileage? My V6 only gets like 260 mile/tank, which is roughly like 19/20 mpg. and i also thought that is what the v6s where rated when they came out of the factory.
"You want something. Go get it. Period. Don't ever let someone tell you... you can't do something."
SC_STEEDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:49 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

MarkuzLS1 that'd be whats up. That is indeed a shame. Cuz I'd love to get down with ya. This is exactly what I'm lookin for. (win or loose)
Old 11-29-2009, 01:54 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

But for the rest of the ppl here....just a bit discouraged here. Most to all the failures here in town, suck. They're all bark and no bite. I've got plenty of Chevy's to contend with, but they're all about show and not a lot about go. I'm like the ONLY moded V6 in town.

And its getting a bit frustrating. Can any of you guys feel me? My sole purpose wasn't to brag or anything of the such. My sole goal was to reach out and meet other ppl/guys willing to walk the walk and step up. (cuz this town I live in obviously doesn't have any of you guys)
Old 11-29-2009, 01:55 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

ya dig?
Old 11-29-2009, 04:28 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_STEEDA View Post
I dont understand how yall are getting such good gas mileage? My V6 only gets like 260 mile/tank, which is roughly like 19/20 mpg. and i also thought that is what the v6s where rated when they came out of the factory.
Well, going down the road with the GT at 1800 rpm is relatively low fuel consumption. It's even better if you're limited to 60 mph... clsoer to 1500 rpm. The v8 doesn't have to work very hard to keep it going. It's nice.
It isn't terribly uncommon for me to hit high 300's (375+ miles) on a tank. Granted, that's running it to the low fuel light.

Quote:
But for the rest of the ppl here....just a bit discouraged here. Most to all the failures here in town, suck. They're all bark and no bite. I've got plenty of Chevy's to contend with, but they're all about show and not a lot about go. I'm like the ONLY moded V6 in town.

And its getting a bit frustrating. Can any of you guys feel me? My sole purpose wasn't to brag or anything of the such. My sole goal was to reach out and meet other ppl/guys willing to walk the walk and step up. (cuz this town I live in obviously doesn't have any of you guys)
I think you're looking at the wrong place for sympathy. Go to a track, go cruising at night or move to a different town.

Old 11-29-2009, 10:24 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

i thought GTs get 15 miles to the gallon? i could probably get more but you know i like to "speed" alot which eats more gas lol, jimmy i think you look to disagree with me on things lol
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

Old 11-29-2009, 10:36 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
i thought GTs get 15 miles to the gallon? i could probably get more but you know i like to "speed" alot which eats more gas lol, jimmy i think you look to disagree with me on things lol
not true... the worst I've ever gotten in the GT is ~20 mpg. At 70 mph, the GT pulls 26 mpg. I've hit low 30's on it at 55. I'm not looking just to disagree with you, just stating it as it is

Old 11-30-2009, 06:10 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

OoK. well thats it is impressive, but ill stilll keep my V6 ;p

Old 11-30-2009, 07:28 AM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
OoK. well thats it is impressive, but ill stilll keep my V6 ;p
I don't think anyone here was trying to convince you otherwise.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:15 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

eeewwwww you erk me lol

Old 11-30-2009, 02:18 PM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
eeewwwww you erk me lol
in that weird, sexual tension sort of way?

Old 11-30-2009, 02:24 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

outlawfrog is probably right
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawfrog View Post
I might pull an "osirisguy", and make that my new sig quote!
outlawfrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang