38# fuel injectors harness - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-28-2009, 07:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
38# fuel injectors harness

As most you know i been on supercharger project that has been running into problem after problem for the week and half we been on it, anyway my last problem was that i needed 38# injectors that didnt come with it so i had to over nite them, well i got them in and NOBODY at vortech said anything about bigger jumper harness, i know i know my common since is slipping but jeezzz! does anybody know any mustang or ford vechile that might have big injectors so i can you there oem harness, the place that carrys them is closed and i wanted them over ntied to be here on monday but nobodys pickin up the phone, my question is actually if there is a cobra or another mustang or ford vechile with bigger injectors will i be able to use there harness for my 38# injectors any help would be great, if you know anywhere i could get harness or find harness let me know! THANX
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2009, 09:48 AM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: 38# fuel injectors harness

03 cobra's have bigger injectors, but I don't think any cars have harnesses this is because ford used the correct injectors on the vehicles.

Your needing something like this: Ford Racing EV6-EV1 Fuel Injector Adapter Kits at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:35 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

hey man thanks i apperciate, that actually might work, how woulf that work? just connect those to the injectors and then splice the wire to attach to those, sorry if thats way off i have NEVER messed with fuel injectors or harness, i hate electrical crap lol
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2009, 01:13 AM   #4
Road Trip!

If i had to guess....

Those would plug into your injectors you have, and your stock connections would plug into that.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

now that would be awesome, i will call them first thing in the morning, how much HP your running and torque you pushing?

Old 11-30-2009, 01:08 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

would i need a EV1 or EV6, i actually have no idea what they even mean lol

Old 12-01-2009, 10:52 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Send a message via MSN to rydog

It adapts your ev1 style harness to ev6 style injectors. You could have taken the easy route and just bought 39# cobra injectors and they would been a direct plug in.

97 V6-GT40 turbo-42#rs-BA2800 MAF-4.10's & tlok-254rwhp-369rwtq
Turbo'd by-TMA Turbo(http://www.tmaturbo.com/)
Tuned by-Dyno Tuned Performance(http://www.dtpracing.com/)
rydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:12 PM   #8
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydog View Post
It adapts your ev1 style harness to ev6 style injectors. You could have taken the easy route and just bought 39# cobra injectors and they would been a direct plug in.
I figured out a while ago, he doesn't want the easy route.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:25 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

hey i learn as i ago and no one told me that so oh well, problem is fixed 04 ford explorer harness fit perfectly, now its got to be tuned, i do want it dynod but there not one around here, neareast one is 2 hrs away i think, anyway im suppose to be able to download a tune from vortech that tune it for me, the 99-01 have a tune you download thay comes with the kit, i gotta call now and figure out how to get ahold of my tune, we did try the diablo and its not working as you said so +1 for you, there got be something i can do to make it atleast drivable to get it to the dyno if i cant find this tune to download

Old 12-01-2009, 09:45 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

We got a dyno down here...but like you said....2 hrs away
outlawfrog is probably right
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawfrog View Post
I might pull an "osirisguy", and make that my new sig quote!
outlawfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:02 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Send a message via MSN to rydog

Try justin at VMP tuning he can give you a mail order tune that will get you to the dyno

VMP Tuning - Buy Ford SCT & GM Custom Handheld Flash Tuners Performance Economy Towing

97 V6-GT40 turbo-42#rs-BA2800 MAF-4.10's & tlok-254rwhp-369rwtq
Turbo'd by-TMA Turbo(http://www.tmaturbo.com/)
Tuned by-Dyno Tuned Performance(http://www.dtpracing.com/)
rydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:51 PM   #12
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebs5408 View Post
hey i learn as i ago and no one told me that so oh well, problem is fixed 04 ford explorer harness fit perfectly, now its got to be tuned, i do want it dynod but there not one around here, neareast one is 2 hrs away i think, anyway im suppose to be able to download a tune from vortech that tune it for me, the 99-01 have a tune you download thay comes with the kit, i gotta call now and figure out how to get ahold of my tune, we did try the diablo and its not working as you said so +1 for you, there got be something i can do to make it atleast drivable to get it to the dyno if i cant find this tune to download
Just to let you know, it will HAVE to get on a dyno. Just had a member on another forum not listen to our advice and he is blowing smoke out of his motor now, and going to have to tear it down. Unless you want this same situation, I suggest you make sure you get it to a dyno.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:47 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

Zebs, here's a link to the local dyno here, if you wanna check it out. Rick's got a pretty badass old SVO

*Rick's Automotive and Custom Exhaust* ****************** - Dyno Jet 224x
outlawfrog is probably right
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawfrog View Post
I might pull an "osirisguy", and make that my new sig quote!
outlawfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:01 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

yea the i got to get some new bearing on it now, i blew it up but honestly im starting to think it was like that when i got it, the pully was hard to spin and i thought that was odd but my buddy told me it was suppose to be hard to spin cause only a belt could do it lol, well we got it on and Xtreme auto repair and performance down here tuned it and it started smoking really bad, we took it aparts and theres BB's everwhere, so now i gotta rebuild it, it sounds mean as hell though when it was spinning very happy with the soundsm now a couple more hundred and a week to ship and i should be ready

Old 12-06-2009, 01:08 PM   #15
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebs5408 View Post
yea the i got to get some new bearing on it now, i blew it up but honestly im starting to think it was like that when i got it, the pully was hard to spin and i thought that was odd but my buddy told me it was suppose to be hard to spin cause only a belt could do it lol, well we got it on and Xtreme auto repair and performance down here tuned it and it started smoking really bad, we took it aparts and theres BB's everwhere, so now i gotta rebuild it, it sounds mean as hell though when it was spinning very happy with the soundsm now a couple more hundred and a week to ship and i should be ready
You do realize you're going to need to check your motor now also right? If the blower came apart then now you have metal in your intake, lower intake, cylinders, hitting your valves, etc. Drain the oil, check for metal shavings and pray you get off lucky and don't have to swap the motor.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:02 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to Horse Send a message via Yahoo to Horse

If there's any shavings at all AT ALL then you should really pull the motor, and take make sure that there are no metal shavings in the grooves in the main bearings. If there are, you'll just end up wrecking more parts and you'll have to pull the motor anyway.

Been there, done that, got the machine shop bill.
4.2L , CAI, BBK 65MM throttle body, 30lb injectors, SSM ported intakes, FLEX 1/2" spacer, RPM big valve heads, Comp roller rockers and cam, ASP-underdrive pulley, GT rear swaybar, & Quad Shocks, Full MM Coilover conversion, 17" Grey Torque Thrust wheels, FMS Aluminum driveshaft 8.8 rear w/ 3.73 gears, Tri-Ax Shorthrow shifter & SPEC stage II clutch w/ aluminum flywheel
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:19 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

lol i feel ya, no shaving man, the bearing are all in a housing so when it blew it just stays in closed, this only way anything could get into the engine is if the fan chipped off, thanks though

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang