Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2000 Mustang V6 Wiring Door panel wiring problem

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  OsirisGuy 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I Just bought a 2000 Mustang V6 3.8L, I am having a problem with the door panel buttons. The driveside window works; however, the passengerside window only works sometimes, the buttons for the side mirrors do not work at all; therefore, I cannot adjust the sideview mirrors, and also, the lock and unlock buttons do not work on either side. I am having this problem on both sides. If someone could please help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

#2 ·
Can you repeat the problems on either door switch? Or is it just when you press on the driver's side door switches?

I'd first check ALL the fuses, which will rule out any isolated and/or related problems.

After that if the problem still persists (which I expect it might) then you'll need to pull out the switch assembly and harness; which is real easy to do. The surrounding trim piece on the door - if you look on top - you'll see a small indent and you can try and get your finger in there, or a flathead wrapped in some cloth (to protect the door trim) and just pop it out. The door trim pretty much just rests in there and a gentle pry will pop it out. You can slide it out and check the harness underneath, make sure it's in securely and the connections are good...

If you can, use a multimeter or a test light and check each switch to make sure each switch works properly. This will tell you if the switch assembly is working right. You can also try and replace the whole assembly out right, either by testing it from a friends car (swapping the switch assembly) or picking up a new switch piece from a junker. The whole switch assembly is secured to the door trim piece by a couple of screws.

If the switches all seem to work then you'll have to look at individual components which seem to be failing and needing to be replaced: door motor, side view mirror motors (side view mirrors), etc... Either that or you have an electrical fault somewhere (which can still be possible even if the door switches seem to be broken but far less likely).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.