WTF is wrong with my tuner? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-10-2005, 04:16 PM   #36
Registered Member
Re: WTF is wrong with my tuner?

Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude

and octane booster is fools gold. its been proven time and again that while it states to raise the octane point by one, its really by .1. .1 octane increase is NOT going to have even a minor teeny effect on anything.
yeah, 0-60 octane booster didnt do **** for me at claims to raise it by 10 pts, which = 1 octane pt, so it would make 93 octane 94 octane......i didnt see any diff with that. i tried lucas octane booster which is "not street legal" for some reason and also raises octane by 3x as much as the leading octane booster, so really, that would make 93 octane something like 96 octane gas.........the first time i used it, it reduced the pinging, so i tried it again last night when i filled up again, and i tipped into the throttle to see if it pings, i got nothing, so i think it had to be the gas, b/c after putting lucas octane booster through two fill ups, i cant hear the pinging anymore

Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 05:03 PM   #37
Registered Member
Re: WTF is wrong with my tuner?

Originally Posted by Tbird232ci
are you completely sure about that? maybe not so much about predicting how a person will drive, or does drive, but adjusting the tables according to trends that it see's? My father always complains about his car feeling sluggish after i drive it, and i drive it harder than he does.

The ones in the turbo coupes are overly sensative, to where road noise will sometimes trigger then, and cause the EEC to pull timing, have they gotten them sensative to the proper frequencies or are they just messing with the overall sensativity and hoping to get it right?
The EEC learns part throttle fuel corrections, which are not going to change from driver to drive. Its all in his head.

Thats one of the problem with some ford knock sensors, they are too sensitive, or deaf all together.

The mach 1 knock sensors are calibrated very well to listen for the characteristic frequencys of knock (and this varies from an iron block to an aluminum block). Its also important to only look for knock when it could actually be occuring (after the plug is fired), this helps weed out background noise.

Justin Starkey
2007 Shelby GT500 705RWHP/708RWTQ
2000 Mustang 3.8 A4 TT 450RWHP/475RWTQ 10.996@127 17psi stock 3.8
2006 F250 CC 4x4 6.0L 14.3 @ 93
2006 Mustang 4.0 M5 Vortech 13psi 395RWHP/374RWTQ wife's car
justin00stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang