2000 Ford Mustang V6 - Transmission & Seats - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-29-2009, 01:35 PM   #1

2000 Ford Mustang V6 - Transmission & Seats

Hey guys! I am a brand new user to the forums and a brand new owner of a 2000 Ford Mustang V6. The car is in incredible shape although I have noticed a few faults that I am hoping you guys can help me with:

1. There seems to be a small leak underneath the front of the car. After several investigations we have concluded it to be a transmission fluid leak. It is not an extreme leak but rather a very small leak that drips Transmission fluid. Any ideas on what would have to be replaced or fixed?

2. The front leather seats seem to be in great condition except for the driver's seat. It seems to have a small tear on the left hand side of the seat a little bit lower than where a person's shoulder would be. Any ideas or suggestions on how to repair the rip? It is not totally ripped, but eventually it will be.

I will have to change 2 bulbs on the tailights and after watching the video on Youtube (the video that actually brought me to these forums) I see that I am in for a pain in the *** experience.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2009, 11:31 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy
Re: 2000 Ford Mustang V6 - Transmission & Seats

First of all,
to Mustang Evolution

Now for the faults
1. Most likely the leak is from between the transmission pan and the transmission, probably a leaky gasket. Try and locate exactly where the drip is coming from and this will give yourself a better idea of what the failure might be. You might want to take it to a service station like AAMCO or Meineke to get it repaired. The automatic transmission can get messy to tamper with.

2. Try picking up some of the vinyl and leather repair kits as well as some seat moisturizer and protect-ant and give the seats a good cleaning. It might not be perfect but it may certainly help.

As for the tail lights it isn't that hard. You'll have to pull out the trunk's trim, and it's four 8mm (I think) bolts that hold the lens assembly in. Just be careful you don't drop the bolts in the trunk. After you remove the four bolts the lens assembly will pop right out. The bulbs twist out and you can replace them and screw the lamp sockets back in the assembly and just reverse the steps. Really simple and straight forward
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

welcome :thumbs2:

Looks like OsirisGuy has got you all taken care of.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2009, 08:34 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

some companies make leather repair things~ not sure they work very well. You can give it a try. If you buy a new seat bottom/top it wont match but... you can consult a junk yard
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:31 PM   #5

Thanks for the responses! I took it to the shop and the transmission leakage was actual an oil leak. Turns out the oil filter was loose! Big relief
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang