Aftermarket Company makes Fuel Rails!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-03-2005, 10:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to white95v6
Talking Aftermarket Company makes Fuel Rails!!!

Ok guys I have a company interested in making some billet fuel rails for the 3.8/4.2 L.

right now he has some Single port intakes that he can use for a template to make some rails. he needs to know the interest for a first order.

if he gets some Split Port intakes to make some rails fit he will also get those rolling. I also need to get a general idea on these too.

sooo this is a chance to get a aftermarket company to make some top notch parts made for us. we need to step up and show we want/need there support. he said he will give me a answer & price middle of next week.
WWW.DELKPERFORMANCE.COM
white95v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2005, 10:42 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: Aftermarket Company makes Fuel Rails!!!

what is the purpose behind fuel rails? Probably a stupid question..but yeh.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
what is the purpose behind fuel rails? Probably a stupid question..but yeh.

get more fuel to the engine. and they look cool too.
WWW.DELKPERFORMANCE.COM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2005, 10:45 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Hahahaha o ok
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 11:34 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

^it would also be a good mod if you're doing a split port swap on a 94-98
Old 11-04-2005, 09:03 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by white95v6
get more fuel to the engine. and they look cool too.
not really. Your stock ones are fine. Have you upgraded injectors?? I doubt it and thus have no need for larger fuel rails.

All it would be for is the bling factor
Old 11-04-2005, 11:40 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Send a message via AIM to 97Stallion Send a message via MSN to 97Stallion

I agree, the route that should be taken is to make the fuel rails for people doing the split port swap so that they don't have to search for someone to make them. The stock fuel rail is completely fine and will easily deliver any demand you put on it for fuel.

60' ~ 2.1, 1/8 ~ 9.61 @ 73.4mph
Living one day at a time!

DAMN Those are some old *** numbers!!! I need updated ones!!
97Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 08:28 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey
not really. Your stock ones are fine. Have you upgraded injectors?? I doubt it and thus have no need for larger fuel rails.

He runs 60's now ,is that big enough?
http://www.Delkperformance.com/
WWW.SUPERSIXMOTORSPORTS.COM
http://www.v6challenge.com
GT-Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 08:28 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey

LMAO. boy umm lets see. i got 60lb/hr injectors. and i wish they made a bigger high impedence injectors. i have the option to go to a stand alone ECU. but i have decided to stay with the Ford ECU for aslong as i can. soo i am doing a complete fuel system and also still gonna need to add more fuel with a nitrous nozzle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Stallion
I agree, the route that should be taken is to make the fuel rails for people doing the split port swap so that they don't have to search for someone to make them. The stock fuel rail is completely fine and will easily deliver any demand you put on it for fuel.
you think soo huh. well since i am makeing more power than anyone else. i think i will upgrade. when you make as much or more. then you can test the theroy of stock rails being more then enough.
WWW.DELKPERFORMANCE.COM
Old 11-04-2005, 11:36 PM   #10
Regular

I think he meant "You" as in V6 Mustang owners.

and does your fuel lines now not provide enough fuel to you?

Let's face it the amount of people that need 60ilb injectors in the V6 Community is pretty damn small so support for something that is not really needed performance wise for the majority of V6 owners is not going to be easy to get

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 12:23 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
LMAO. boy umm lets see. i got 60lb/hr injectors. and i wish they made a bigger high impedence injectors. i have the option to go to a stand alone ECU. but i have decided to stay with the Ford ECU for aslong as i can. soo i am doing a complete fuel system and also still gonna need to add more fuel with a nitrous nozzle.

you think soo huh. well since i am makeing more power than anyone else. i think i will upgrade. when you make as much or more. then you can test the theroy of stock rails being more then enough.
Sorry, I don't know all the specifics of your individual car. I don't keep a journal of everyone's mods.

However, are you positive it's the fuel rail that's limiting your fuel? What is your injector duty cycle at right now? Do 60#s fit in the stock locations? I know on my import, if I go to a larger injector (above a certain size) they don't fit in the stock fuel rail anymore, so you have to get a larger fuel rail. This doesn't sound like the case now if you're already running 60#s on the stock rail.

Also, if you're gonna use a nitrous nozzle to spray more fuel, where are you gonna get that from? The schrader valve on the fuel rail?

Honestly, and this is just my suggestion, find out how much of an impedence the stock fuel rail is. Find out your Duty Cycle of the injectors. If you're still running lean and have a low IDC, then make sure it's not the fuel pump/regulator. If it's not those, then it's the fuel rail. But as long as the pump and regulator do their jobs and put enough fuel into the fuel lines, then I don't see the stock fuel rail being a hinderence. Lastly, why don't you just upgrade all your fuel lines too? Get larger ones so you can get more fuel to the fuel rail
Old 11-05-2005, 12:37 AM   #12
Regular

Quote:
Well go ahead and upgrade but it still remains true for what he said that to the majority (and I seriously mean the majority) of V6 Mustang owners out there they have no need to spend money on fuel railes that will give them no more power. The stock ones do fine for these.

So the support you are asking for is not going to exist..... not trying to start a huge arguement here nor am I being a smartass just stating my opinion and it seems to me to be reasonable. Support for something that will give nothing to the majority of the people that you target will be non existent.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 01:01 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Send a message via AIM to 97Stallion Send a message via MSN to 97Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Well go ahead and upgrade but it still remains true for what he said that to the majority (and I seriously mean the majority) of V6 Mustang owners out there they have no need to spend money on fuel railes that will give them no more power. The stock ones do fine for these.

So the support you are asking for is not going to exist..... not trying to start a huge arguement here nor am I being a smartass just stating my opinion and it seems to me to be reasonable. Support for something that will give nothing to the majority of the people that you target will be non existent.
Exactly my point, ok so you dumped tons on money into your V6 and you need a bigger fuel rail. 99% of the people that are going to modify their V6 will never need a bigger fuel rail. You can do whatever you please, it's your car but I can honestly say that the support you're searching for is not going to exsist.

60' ~ 2.1, 1/8 ~ 9.61 @ 73.4mph
Living one day at a time!

DAMN Those are some old *** numbers!!! I need updated ones!!
97Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 08:02 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Matt is upgrading to an even Bigger Turbo so he is having to add more pump .Fuel volume is as important as fuel pressure so he has a guy thats willing to make some really nice Billet fuel rails for the single port that would support much higher Hp and be a really nice piece of aftermarket for the mustang community .Yeah they won't be 35.00 more like 200.00 or so but for those select people that are planning on making some nice Hp it would be a nice piece to have .Yes we are aware that most of the V6 community would NEVER need these ,all he is doing is trying to see how much of an interest there would be.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:14 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

well i never said the majority will need them. i know that a select few will need these. in fact i bet a total of 5 ppl in the next 3 yrs will ever need them.do they look good? i think soo. also i was just guageing the interest in them to let the company know.

also i know that i need bigger injectors Monkey. this is the for sure. the 60# injectors is the biggest they make in high impedence. like i said i don't wanna go to a stand alone for a few certian reason. the place i will get the fuel from for the nozzle will not be from the Rails. also i an fit a 160# injector in a stock rail if i wanted too. heck i can even go and use a low impedence injector drive instead of doing a stand alone. or useing the nozzle for my extra fuel . and i am doing a Complete fuel system. that means sump in the tank,two high pressure external 255lph pumps, -6 lines feeding the pumps and a single -8 going to the rails,then -6 line for the return.

incase you don't know. i don't hang Dry Wall for a living. i build street/strip stangs 6 days aweek 350days a yr.
WWW.DELKPERFORMANCE.COM
Old 11-05-2005, 06:27 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

i wish you luck in finding people that need them. The v6 community definatly needs more custom parst.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 10:46 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
well i never said the majority will need them. i know that a select few will need these. in fact i bet a total of 5 ppl in the next 3 yrs will ever need them.do they look good? i think soo. also i was just guageing the interest in them to let the company know.

also i know that i need bigger injectors Monkey. this is the for sure. the 60# injectors is the biggest they make in high impedence. like i said i don't wanna go to a stand alone for a few certian reason. the place i will get the fuel from for the nozzle will not be from the Rails. also i an fit a 160# injector in a stock rail if i wanted too. heck i can even go and use a low impedence injector drive instead of doing a stand alone. or useing the nozzle for my extra fuel . and i am doing a Complete fuel system. that means sump in the tank,two high pressure external 255lph pumps, -6 lines feeding the pumps and a single -8 going to the rails,then -6 line for the return.

incase you don't know. i don't hang Dry Wall for a living. i build street/strip stangs 6 days aweek 350days a yr.
Like I said in my previous post. I don't really know you from Joe. Now that you have filled me in a little about your goals, then yes, I would suggest a new fuel rail.

When you were saying "new fuel system," I was thinking new pump and injectors. Didn't think you were running all new lines, etc. Good job :thumbs2:

As for the nitrous nozzle, you said you're not gonna get it from the fuel rail. Are you gonna make a moon tank and mount it in the engine bay and get the fuel rom there? That might not be a bad idea. Prolly a little more wiring and mechanical work, but it could be nice to spray a little less, but reserve that tank for C16 or such.

Anyway, best of luck to ya. It's good to know you're not just one of the people that come on and think that every mod they see for Civics applies to mustangs.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:21 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

well all you had to do was look in my Sig and see what my car does. and that might have given you a idea i knew what i was talking about. but also this Thread was not about me asking ppl if i needed this or not. or for anyother advise.

its about seeing what kinda demand there might be.

oh yea thats a good idea about the fuel. but what i am gonna do is just get fuel from a Y block before the -8 line gets to the Fuel rails. that way i am not taking fuel out of the rails.
WWW.DELKPERFORMANCE.COM
Old 11-06-2005, 04:01 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Send a message via AIM to maaudio81 Send a message via Yahoo to maaudio81

when will these be avalibale and how much will they cost?
diablo chip
true dual flowmaster exhuast
CAI
headmen headers (shorties)
leather seats
5% window tint all around
97 cobra rear sway bar
97 cobra strut tower brace
future mods
5 spd swap
lambo doors
ud pulleys
performance intake
dual turbo kit
70 mm throtle body
75 mm maf sensor
1/4 mile time 14.42@98.9 mph
maaudio81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 07:35 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
well all you had to do was look in my Sig and see what my car does. and that might have given you a idea i knew what i was talking about. but also this Thread was not about me asking ppl if i needed this or not. or for anyother advise.

its about seeing what kinda demand there might be.

oh yea thats a good idea about the fuel. but what i am gonna do is just get fuel from a Y block before the -8 line gets to the Fuel rails. that way i am not taking fuel out of the rails.
oops. Forgot I had sigs turned off

Guess that's why I didn't know what you had
Old 11-06-2005, 07:37 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maaudio81
when will these be avalibale and how much will they cost?
well i hope to hear back from the company this week. they were at the SEMA show all last week. but i do have a Ballpark figure on the cost. this will all depend on which rail and also how many are made. and also if the company wants to mass produce them. but he said between $200 and $250.
WWW.DELKPERFORMANCE.COM
Old 11-07-2005, 07:14 AM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

i want a split port rail for my swap next summer
Old 11-07-2005, 09:36 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

ok anyone realy interested in getting these let me know.

email is white95v6@aol.com
WWW.DELKPERFORMANCE.COM
Old 12-02-2005, 12:11 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Stallion
Exactly my point, ok so you dumped tons on money into your V6 and you need a bigger fuel rail. 99% of the people that are going to modify their V6 will never need a bigger fuel rail. You can do whatever you please, it's your car but I can honestly say that the support you're searching for is not going to exsist.
If everybody had the 99% attitude we wouldn't have an aftermarket for the v6 at all. We are in the 1% minority (exaggeration) of v6 owners to begin with simply because we want to make them go faster. Now if 5 years ago someone said "I want ported heads" and someone else chimed up and said "why bother with the R&D when 99% of v6 mustang owners wouldn't want them" and the aftermarket listened or was discouraged (as has happened in the past with a number of items) our growth would have been severely stunted.
Now whether you need them or not or want them or not is your business, but don't stunt the growth of v6 performance. In the 5.0 world everybody that has a billet fuel rail doesn't necessarily need one, there are plenty who buy them for future potential or yes just for bling. Don't tell me there aren't v6 blingers out there, take BBK valve covers for one item that serves no other purpose. And all that chrome and billet crap. This is something that for most purchasers would serve to make the engine bay look a little nicer possibly, like for a show car, and serve a purpose if you want to move up in the world. But the important thing is it's then available for those that really need it.
[/rant]

Redlined Performance Mustangs
Cylinder Head / Intake Porting, Camshafts, Pistons, Cold Airs/Pulleys
www.rpm-mustangs.com

http://rpm-mustangs.com/pictures/KEcrank.jpg
mikael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 01:31 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Stands up and applauds a great reply.
2003 SVT Lightning #1059 of 4270
2000 Vert 4R70W
Only buy from vendors that test and stand behind their products
slvr2000stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 06:17 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Yeap well said Mik :thumbs2: :thumbs2: .
Old 12-07-2005, 12:49 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to spadez81

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikael
If everybody had the 99% attitude we wouldn't have an aftermarket for the v6 at all. We are in the 1% minority (exaggeration) of v6 owners to begin with simply because we want to make them go faster. Now if 5 years ago someone said "I want ported heads" and someone else chimed up and said "why bother with the R&D when 99% of v6 mustang owners wouldn't want them" and the aftermarket listened or was discouraged (as has happened in the past with a number of items) our growth would have been severely stunted.
Now whether you need them or not or want them or not is your business, but don't stunt the growth of v6 performance. In the 5.0 world everybody that has a billet fuel rail doesn't necessarily need one, there are plenty who buy them for future potential or yes just for bling. Don't tell me there aren't v6 blingers out there, take BBK valve covers for one item that serves no other purpose. And all that chrome and billet crap. This is something that for most purchasers would serve to make the engine bay look a little nicer possibly, like for a show car, and serve a purpose if you want to move up in the world. But the important thing is it's then available for those that really need it.
[/rant]
Until now I've never considered my fuel rail as a part of my project. Now after seeing this I'm starting to think about it as a possible option. But all I have planned is an ATI procharger and a head/cam upgrade, would a new fuel rail be in need of this setup?
Old 12-07-2005, 01:01 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Depends ,what year is your car ,and how much power are you planning on making .

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang