heres my plan - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-10-2005, 11:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Lightbulb heres my plan

I have a 2000 Ford Mustang v6, and have been looking at getting the
stage 2+ kit for my car, has anyone bought this kit for their car, its says about 2500k for it. also i have been trying to find some 3.73 gears for my car as well. would i need to do anything different with the 7.5 diff in the rear or would i be able to get the ring and pinion gears. what spline is on the axles? im hoping to be able to have all of this done before my friend gets his 3000 gt vr4 so i can suprise him with my car, hopefully i will be able to keep up with him or is this just a dream for me?:idea :dunno:
a00v6stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2005, 12:08 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: heres my plan

i just found some 3.73 ring and pinion set for the 7.5 on ebay, if i dont win i found the same thing from ford racing for 270, is that a good price for it?
Old 11-11-2005, 12:21 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to I_luv_HP&trq Send a message via MSN to I_luv_HP&trq

isn't the vr4 a twin turbo putting out 300+hp stock?

If i were given $2500 i had to spend on my car i would use it on a turbo. but that's just me cuz that's what is on my mind.

all i recomend is to research before jumping to buy parts, unless you already have everything you want to do planned out. don't let wanting to show up your friend push you to dump $$$ right away into your engine.

99 Cobra: flowmasters, 18x9.5 cobra R's, soon to be tuned and geared. daily driver
99 V6:in avatar, Mac Cai, true duals/flowmaster 40's ,UDP, custom tuned, bullitt suspension 18" wheels...taken by mother nature
I_luv_HP&trq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2005, 12:24 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

i know he would be pushing over 300+ but if he thinks my car is slower than all hell, i want to suprise him, but im still gonna do that and also put a cam in as well. but i am gonna do little by little and hopefully have it done before next summer. im still looking anywayz to get my plans down, they are not in cement, so i have some time to play around with what i want to do.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:37 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

oh ok. are you talking about the stage two from supersix? I'm trying to get their page to load but its not working for me...

I was also wanting to do stuff little at a time, but i figure if i take off my intakes then i mine as well replace the heads, and then the cam, and what the hell put in forged pistons. lol... Even with all that i dont think you would be able to take him but it would make a damn big difference in your car and it's all about what is fast enough for you.
good luck with it and keep us updated on what you do.

99 Cobra: flowmasters, 18x9.5 cobra R's, soon to be tuned and geared. daily driver
99 V6:in avatar, Mac Cai, true duals/flowmaster 40's ,UDP, custom tuned, bullitt suspension 18" wheels...taken by mother nature
Old 11-11-2005, 03:08 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

umm its hard to say. youre going to be racing a heavily modified(turboing a stang is pretty heavy stuff) car vs a stock one. which is sad to say, when you do win, it wont be by much, and his will still be stock.

and a 3kGT vr4 can be modded very easily. twin 16g turbo's and some fuel, and hell rape you silly.

and dont mod your car just to beat someone else. that is the most riceriffic reason to mod your car it makes me sick. mod your car cause you like to mod it, mod your car cause its your car and you dont like to be like every other mustang out there, mod your car cause it makes you happy. i modded my dsm, not to beat every car out there(though it was fun), but to learn basically how to mod a car and do it right the first time. and im modding the GT because ive soaked up all the dsm knowledge i could, and now i wish to soak up all the mustang modding knowledge i can. after the gt, who knows what ill get next(prolly another dsm).

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 08:45 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Im would do this to my car not just for the hell of it, im seriously going to di. I love my stang, dont get me wrong, i cant a afford the 8, but making a 6 fast around where i live is something i havent seen. Im doing cause i just want to be something unique in my part of town and still look stock, although contemplating to get a roush body kit, but ill hold off on that. Ive always wanted a mustang of my own, parents own a 2003 Ford Mustang SVT cobra. So im not just doing this to beat my friend, im doing it regardless.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:09 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

You would get a good bit of improvement with the stage 2 kit by itself, but you would get so much more bang for the buck if you turbo'd it at the same time or before you get the kit. In my perfect world, after i get the turbo installed, I'll get the stage 3 kit, have my engine bored, stroked, forged, get a cam, and up the boost to 18 psi and make 600whp. I would wait just a little longer and get a turbo with that money.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:08 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

true true, ill probably wait a couple of months to actually start doing this, but ill eventually put a stage 3 in and get a procharger supercharger with intercooler kit. but ill keep everyone informened on the mods and how its going. gotta love this forum,
Old 11-12-2005, 01:22 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_luv_HP&trq
oh ok. are you talking about the stage two from supersix? I'm trying to get their page to load but its not working for me...

I was also wanting to do stuff little at a time, but i figure if i take off my intakes then i mine as well replace the heads, and then the cam, and what the hell put in forged pistons. lol... Even with all that i dont think you would be able to take him but it would make a damn big difference in your car and it's all about what is fast enough for you.
good luck with it and keep us updated on what you do.
The cataloge is a PDF file you need to download adobe reader it's right there on the same page on the left down towards the bottom .
http://www.Delkperformance.com/
WWW.SUPERSIXMOTORSPORTS.COM
http://www.v6challenge.com
GT-Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 07:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

^ i've got it saved as my favorites and the site to get to the catalog wasn't working for me at the time, but now it does. thanks anyways.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang