Help?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-14-2009, 10:46 PM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
will_0828's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Region: Texas
Posts: 19
Help??

im gonna get 1000 for christmas, what should i do with it?
keep working on my v6 00. or
save to buy a 99-04 gt
(this is what i have on my v6 right now, CAI, true duals exhaust and bbk shorty headers) thats all i have.
thanks guys
will_0828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-15-2009, 12:46 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
outlawfrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Region: Alabama
Posts: 283
Re: Help??

drop 300- 500 on a tuner.......piss away the rest in a titty bar, and have a happy happy christmas! lawl!!!
__________________
1996 GT, 5-speed, Moonlight Blue, Opal Gray leather, Flowmaster Cat-Back exhaust (Delta 40 series), BBK cold air intake & 75mm TBI, Super Chips programmer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67mustang97 View Post
outlawfrog is probably right
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawfrog View Post
I might pull an "osirisguy", and make that my new sig quote!
........................................................................
outlawfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:39 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
OsirisGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York
Region: New York
Posts: 1,262
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy
Re: Help??

^

Not that bad of an idea!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallicMist View Post
OsirisGuy is correct
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-15-2009, 07:32 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Zebs5408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 800
Re: Help??

LISTEM TO ME ON THIS ONE! BARGAIN SHOPPING WILL GET YOU WHAT YOU NEED TO SMOKE A GT! buy a diablo tuner or sct (i prefer diablo) shop for a good price! you should gte it under $300, then go on ebay...YES EBAY,,,and find a set of USED 373 gears with a tlok, make sure there form a actual distributer and not a ONE TIME SELLER, theres a huge difference in quality, the distributor will get you quality parts cause this is his business and what feeds his family and wants you to come back or spread the word, there are good business men on ebay! anyway FORD 373 gears with tlok, tlok is posi tract, you want both, i paid $180 for a set of used 373 w/ tlok off a ford ranger, $300 to get them installed! im telling you your v6 is a completely WAKEs UP, your acceleration will greatly improve! i keep saying 373 assuming you a have a manual, if you have a automatic 410 gears is what you want, gears allow you to meet you power quicker, they accuatlly dont add power, it feels like HE MAN is pushing your car between every gear! gears are the best mod you can buy besides supercharger or turbo! ask anyone, TUNER + GEARS T/LOK = MERRY CHRISTMAS if your like me and love that feeling after your driving your car with a new mod this will BLOW your mind! you will now be LITERALLY WALKING GTS, my v6 with just gears and tuner beat 5.0, supercharged impala, GT (all models)
__________________
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)


03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:05 AM   #5
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Help??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebs5408 View Post
LISTEM TO ME ON THIS ONE! BARGAIN SHOPPING WILL GET YOU WHAT YOU NEED TO SMOKE A GT! buy a diablo tuner or sct (i prefer diablo) shop for a good price! you should gte it under $300, then go on ebay...YES EBAY,,,and find a set of USED 373 gears with a tlok, make sure there form a actual distributer and not a ONE TIME SELLER, theres a huge difference in quality, the distributor will get you quality parts cause this is his business and what feeds his family and wants you to come back or spread the word, there are good business men on ebay! anyway FORD 373 gears with tlok, tlok is posi tract, you want both, i paid $180 for a set of used 373 w/ tlok off a ford ranger, $300 to get them installed! im telling you your v6 is a completely WAKEs UP, your acceleration will greatly improve! i keep saying 373 assuming you a have a manual, if you have a automatic 410 gears is what you want, gears allow you to meet you power quicker, they accuatlly dont add power, it feels like HE MAN is pushing your car between every gear! gears are the best mod you can buy besides supercharger or turbo! ask anyone, TUNER + GEARS T/LOK = MERRY CHRISTMAS if your like me and love that feeling after your driving your car with a new mod this will BLOW your mind! you will now be LITERALLY WALKING GTS, my v6 with just gears and tuner beat 5.0, supercharged impala, GT (all models)
Please remind him that you are also runnin a vortech and port & polished and looks like NOS from ur pics......dont want to get his hopes up to high with gears and a tune.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:19 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Help??

dont buy a 99-04 gt, only 260hp stock and takes some money to get them up and the stock block lets go around 450rwhp~

Gears/tlok tuner are good mods for your car
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:44 AM   #7
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Help??

^^^ very true.Plan ahead,figure out what the goal for the car is.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:34 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
BIG_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Region: Florida
Posts: 186
Re: Help??

nitrous, 3.73 gears and t-lok. and your smoking that gt your wanting to buy. u have my word on that.
__________________



00' Mustang : totaled
06' Mustang : DD
83' AMC Spirit GT: Weekend Warrior
BIG_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:57 AM   #9
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Help??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_K View Post
nitrous, 3.73 gears and t-lok. and your smoking that gt your wanting to buy. u have my word on that.
Throw that NOS,gears on a GT......
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:04 AM   #10
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Help??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Throw that NOS,gears on a GT......
Don't need to, just add a tune to the GT and then the gears/tune on that V6 will no longer be "walking" the gt.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:17 AM   #11
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Help??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Don't need to, just add a tune to the GT and then the gears/tune on that V6 will no longer be "walking" the gt.
Very true.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:26 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackonblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 703
Re: Help??

gears/tlok. 1000 isntmuch a start for buying a gt. cheaper ones ($16000) usually have over 50000miles..i was lookin for one.. . gears tlok, tuner
blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:22 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
BIG_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Region: Florida
Posts: 186
Re: Help??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Throw that NOS,gears on a GT......
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Don't need to, just add a tune to the GT and then the gears/tune on that V6 will no longer be "walking" the gt.
you mite need a lil more than that tune against a geared nitroused v6. lol

tunes on v6's are weak anyways. lot more power can obviously be pulled on a tune in a gt.
__________________



00' Mustang : totaled
06' Mustang : DD
83' AMC Spirit GT: Weekend Warrior
BIG_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:36 PM   #14
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Help??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_K View Post
you mite need a lil more than that tune against a geared nitroused v6. lol

tunes on v6's are weak anyways. lot more power can obviously be pulled on a tune in a gt.
I was mainly refering to the other post that said gears and tune will walk gts. However, I would gladly put up a tuned gt vs a juiced v6 any day of the week. Best out of 10 races.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:22 PM   #15
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Help??

^^ agreed
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:02 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
BIG_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Region: Florida
Posts: 186
Re: Help??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
I was mainly refering to the other post that said gears and tune will walk gts. However, I would gladly put up a tuned gt vs a juiced v6 any day of the week. Best out of 10 races.
ohh my bad. lol i just saw where that "walking gt's post" was. yeah he prolly could have if the gt was 94-98 4.6 sohc/ 5.0 gt and near stock, but def. not new edge and 05-present.

what's your definition of tuned? lol seems we might have different definitions.
__________________



00' Mustang : totaled
06' Mustang : DD
83' AMC Spirit GT: Weekend Warrior
BIG_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:20 AM   #17
Registered User
Newbie
 
will_0828's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Region: Texas
Posts: 19
Re: Help??

alright so im gonna keep working on my car then i will try save to buy a gt 05-08 how does that sounds?
will_0828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:31 AM   #18
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Help??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_K View Post
ohh my bad. lol i just saw where that "walking gt's post" was. yeah he prolly could have if the gt was 94-98 4.6 sohc/ 5.0 gt and near stock, but def. not new edge and 05-present.

what's your definition of tuned? lol seems we might have different definitions.

Tuned is the installation of a custom tune.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:57 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Help??

custom tune means the ECU is modified so the parameters it runs are different (less conservative for example) to boost more power from the engine.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:57 AM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MonteCitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: California
Posts: 2,506
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Re: Help??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebs5408 View Post
LISTEM TO ME ON THIS ONE! BARGAIN SHOPPING WILL GET YOU WHAT YOU NEED TO SMOKE A GT! buy a diablo tuner or sct (i prefer diablo) shop for a good price! you should gte it under $300, then go on ebay...YES EBAY,,,and find a set of USED 373 gears with a tlok, make sure there form a actual distributer and not a ONE TIME SELLER, theres a huge difference in quality, the distributor will get you quality parts cause this is his business and what feeds his family and wants you to come back or spread the word, there are good business men on ebay! anyway FORD 373 gears with tlok, tlok is posi tract, you want both, i paid $180 for a set of used 373 w/ tlok off a ford ranger, $300 to get them installed! im telling you your v6 is a completely WAKEs UP, your acceleration will greatly improve! i keep saying 373 assuming you a have a manual, if you have a automatic 410 gears is what you want, gears allow you to meet you power quicker, they accuatlly dont add power, it feels like HE MAN is pushing your car between every gear! gears are the best mod you can buy besides supercharger or turbo! ask anyone, TUNER + GEARS T/LOK = MERRY CHRISTMAS if your like me and love that feeling after your driving your car with a new mod this will BLOW your mind! you will now be LITERALLY WALKING GTS, my v6 with just gears and tuner beat 5.0, supercharged impala, GT (all models)

Eeeeasy buddy

What if this GT he comes across also has 3.73s and an off the shelf tune?

And I'm iffy on your SC'd impala deal.. My regal (same drivetrain/weight) runs low 13s@105 :pnoid:


I vote for the 'save up' fund, put $500 into a savings account with a decent yield, or a one year CD with a decent yield (or savings bonds if you want to wait 10+ years for your investment to double)

Put the 500 towards something else..

OR save the entire 1k towards a GT

You can find great deals out there, I got mine with a few minor issues (already fixed for less than $50) for $4k.. 58k miles
__________________
2012 IS F Blue IS F Sport
2006 Mustang V6 wannabe
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:02 AM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MonteCitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: California
Posts: 2,506
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Re: Help??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
dont buy a 99-04 gt, only 260hp stock and takes some money to get them up and the stock block lets go around 450rwhp~

Gears/tlok tuner are good mods for your car
Doesn't mean the GT can't be more fun..

Typically different tires, suspension, steering - Torque is always nice

Yeah the 1999-2004 GT isn't the fastest, but it does have potential, and it beats the hell out of the 96-98

And plenty of upgrade options for when you hit that 450 WHP ceiling (which is a LOT for the street, anyway.. and even in a fox body would cost a decent amount of $)

As for nitrous.. Momentary power? No thanks!

The fox mention brings up another point, clean fox bodies can still be found - and 5.0s are a blast
__________________
2012 IS F Blue IS F Sport
2006 Mustang V6 wannabe
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:02 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Help??

yea, its always possible to find someone faster, there is no answer thats "one size fits all". The best advice is to research and really sit back and think about what you want rather than throwing parts (money) onto your vehicle and then realizing its not going to get you where you want to end up.

Modding a car even though you aspire to have something different is fine, but know the limit. Dont spend thousands just to lose it when you sell as mods do not add value, if anything they take away from it.

So its simple, research to make sure you know what you are getting into and what you want then know your goals and how to reach them in the best way so you dont waste time/money... thats about it.

V6's can be very fast, ive owned two but... no matter what it was still a v6 to me and I wanted an 03/04 cobra. Sure they are not super fast just respectable but its all I care for~ I dont drag race and I dont have anything to prove to anyone so its just about what I wanted.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:58 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
BIG_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Region: Florida
Posts: 186
Re: Help??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Tuned is the installation of a custom tune.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
custom tune means the ECU is modified so the parameters it runs are different (less conservative for example) to boost more power from the engine.
ok, just making sure we are on the same page. lol
gt's period, no matter the year are mediocre to me.Here in florida gt's and mach1's are plentiful almost as bad as civics and 240's, and a majority of them are driven by (no offense) older women. if u like gt's great. lol i don't. which i s why i'm holding out like Mr. SpectorV did. i plan on having an 04 cobra by next summer and still keeping the stang i have now. will the cobra stay stock, idk yet. judging by past cars. i doubt it.
__________________



00' Mustang : totaled
06' Mustang : DD
83' AMC Spirit GT: Weekend Warrior
BIG_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:26 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Region: Florida
Posts: 73
Re: Help??

Just the tunner alone on my v6 04 made a dramatic difference. Able to control almost all aspects of the car really helps. My next step is gears and t lok.... Of course when I can save the money to do so lol. Times are tough.
__________________
CAI with turbonator, Blk Cobra Rims(17x9frt, 10.5r), Plate BLKNES, Internal+external blue neons w/music interface, Blk MUSTANG letters r.bumper, Alpine Flip Out deck,(4 Rockford Fosgate 120RMS speakers, 4 way RF 600RMS Amp, 12" Audiopipe Sub 600RMS w/custom box, Mono Kicker 600RMS amp, kept mach tweeters), Blk Grille Mustang, Halo Headlights w/10K bulbs, SCT 9600, flowmaster dual exhaust. Soon to come; Short Throw Shifter, 3.73 gears with TLOK.
Blkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:32 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Region: Florida
Posts: 73
Re: Help??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_K View Post
ok, just making sure we are on the same page. lol
gt's period, no matter the year are mediocre to me.Here in florida gt's and mach1's are plentiful almost as bad as civics and 240's, and a majority of them are driven by (no offense) older women. if u like gt's great. lol i don't. which i s why i'm holding out like Mr. SpectorV did. i plan on having an 04 cobra by next summer and still keeping the stang i have now. will the cobra stay stock, idk yet. judging by past cars. i doubt it.

+1.. That's why I didn't buy a gt. I see all these old men and women. Besides my tuned 6 can be very competitive with those stock gt's
__________________
CAI with turbonator, Blk Cobra Rims(17x9frt, 10.5r), Plate BLKNES, Internal+external blue neons w/music interface, Blk MUSTANG letters r.bumper, Alpine Flip Out deck,(4 Rockford Fosgate 120RMS speakers, 4 way RF 600RMS Amp, 12" Audiopipe Sub 600RMS w/custom box, Mono Kicker 600RMS amp, kept mach tweeters), Blk Grille Mustang, Halo Headlights w/10K bulbs, SCT 9600, flowmaster dual exhaust. Soon to come; Short Throw Shifter, 3.73 gears with TLOK.
Blkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:43 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MonteCitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: California
Posts: 2,506
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Re: Help??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkness View Post
+1.. That's why I didn't buy a gt. I see all these old men and women. Besides my tuned 6 can be very competitive with those stock gt's
That argument about old guys/gals driving the cars = a good thing in my book. I drive a buick, too

Sleeper factor is great

Older is wiser, ever hear that saying?

I don't drive it to be the 'most hip' or the fastest, I drive it to have fun, surprise people now and again, and just enjoy driving in general..

While a cobra would be nice, I'll make do just fine with my whimpy lil GT
__________________
2012 IS F Blue IS F Sport
2006 Mustang V6 wannabe
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:49 AM   #27
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Help??

Any car can be killer.......never 2nd guess a GT. You could pull up next to one and get smoked,never judge a book by its cover.........youngin.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:16 AM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MonteCitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: California
Posts: 2,506
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Re: Help??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
never judge a book by its cover.........youngin.
Dot
__________________
2012 IS F Blue IS F Sport
2006 Mustang V6 wannabe
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:21 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
jwalthersoccer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Region: Kansas
Posts: 106
Re: Help??

I was in the same position as you... split between a V8 trans or droppin money in my 6. Decided on the mustang, just installed my cai today, cant wait for the mods Im goin to put on it. Hope this helps you make ur decision.
__________________
35th Anniversary Laser Red Convertible V6
All I can do is try and live up to my V8 brotherens glory... :burnout:
First mod AM CAI
jwalthersoccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:53 PM   #30
Registered User
Newbie
 
will_0828's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Region: Texas
Posts: 19
Re: Help??

i think im just gonna buy a tuner, cuz the installation for the gears is F(_)C!% expensive.
500-600 just for the installation
will_0828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:28 AM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MonteCitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: California
Posts: 2,506
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Re: Help??

If you were local, we could knock out the install in less than a day

Try getting quotes around, should be ~4 hours labor at a competitive shop, that shouldn't be 500-600 unless their labor rates are through the roof
__________________
2012 IS F Blue IS F Sport
2006 Mustang V6 wannabe
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:10 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
BIG_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Region: Florida
Posts: 186
Re: Help??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Any car can be killer.......never 2nd guess a GT. You could pull up next to one and get smoked,never judge a book by its cover.........youngin.
don't judge any cars by its cover, i know some guys who dump @ most 2 g's in their lil civics and smoke gt's! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan View Post
That argument about old guys/gals driving the cars = a good thing in my book. I drive a buick, too

Sleeper factor is great

Older is wiser, ever hear that saying?

I don't drive it to be the 'most hip' or the fastest, I drive it to have fun, surprise people now and again, and just enjoy driving in general..

While a cobra would be nice, I'll make do just fine with my whimpy lil GT
yes i have and very well understand that statement. i didn't get this far by myself.thanks to dad's abundant knowledge of cars he's guided me on the best bang for the buck mods on my stang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkness View Post
+1.. That's why I didn't buy a gt. I see all these old men and women. Besides my tuned 6 can be very competitive with those stock gt's
and with a little giggle juice you can beat some modded gt's! lol
__________________



00' Mustang : totaled
06' Mustang : DD
83' AMC Spirit GT: Weekend Warrior
BIG_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:19 PM   #33
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Help??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_K View Post
and with a little giggle juice you can beat some modded gt's! lol
Maybe the first couple of times, but that bottle is going to run out eventually and the GT won't. ... unless of course it is a spontaneous race in which case you won't have time to hook up the bottle and open it up and switch tunes...unless of course you cruise around with the bottle hooked up and open with your nitrous tune in the car 100% of the time.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:21 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
BIG_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Region: Florida
Posts: 186
Re: Help??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Maybe the first couple of times, but that bottle is going to run out eventually and the GT won't.
lol. truth
__________________



00' Mustang : totaled
06' Mustang : DD
83' AMC Spirit GT: Weekend Warrior
BIG_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:52 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Zebs5408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 800
Re: Help??

Quote:
Originally Posted by will_0828 View Post
im gonna get 1000 for christmas, what should i do with it?
keep working on my v6 00. or
save to buy a 99-04 gt
(this is what i have on my v6 right now, CAI, true duals exhaust and bbk shorty headers) thats all i have.
thanks guys
what did you decide?
__________________
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)


03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



05:59 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.