replacement help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-04-2010, 12:42 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
replacement help

ive been messin around with my mustang a lot lately. i had to replace my alternator twice this past weekend due to me having a bad amp. and when i was changing it out, i noticed there was some radiator fluid throughout the front of my engine bay. would i need to just change the hoses, or go ahead and change out the radiator itself as well. another thing is when my transmission changes into 4th, the 3rd gear rpms go up and down before it changes gears, could this be a bad tune? and i also notice whenever i hit a groove in the road, it shifts to another part of the road. for this all i think i need is a bumpsteer kit. if theres something im missing please let me know.
v6stang04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2010, 05:19 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Re: replacement help

i would check the hoses for leaks before and check the raditor to make sure its not busted, if it is now would be a cool time to upgrade and to get better hoses, they have different colors and everything to chose from now so if your into to that im sure youll love it, far as the trans goes could be somethign with the tune! im really not sure so i did some research for you and i still found nothing so idk maybe spector or sonic will be on here today and give you a hand on somthing! good luck bro and God speed
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:57 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

well i bought the car from my retarded brother and did the tune himself knowing nothing about cars, to me the shift points seem wrong for all gears. and where can i get the hard tube hoses at? ive never been able to find them. and ill send spector a message later today about it.
v6stang04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2010, 08:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

i think i saw some on ebay? despite what ppl say there are quality things on ebay. use the link through ME to get to it
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

Old 01-09-2010, 01:23 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebs5408 View Post
i think i saw some on ebay? despite what ppl say there are quality things on ebay. use the link through ME to get to it
+1 on ebay
big show 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:48 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

As for the steering......that's pretty normal on ****ty roads. There's "heavily rutted" parts of town that I try to stay away from! These parts of town have been rutted so badly from semi's and just general traffic (without being resurfaced in about 15-20 years), that it's NOTHING but a fight to stay in one lane. Not much you can do, just fight it, or avoid those roads.
outlawfrog is probably right
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawfrog View Post
I might pull an "osirisguy", and make that my new sig quote!
outlawfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:46 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Yeeaaa thats how thangs are way dowrn here in alabama boy mmhhmmm lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang