mud flap opinions? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-04-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Talking mud flap opinions?

i def need them, my tires spray mud all over my rear. do yall thing they look good on stangs? are they the same for v6s and gts? (i think so)

also i have 2 10" subs in the back and heavy rims... should i consider a back seat delete? i dont think it would make huge difference but just lmk
blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2010, 08:54 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: mud flap opinions?

it would be nice to have the mud not sprayed all over the back of my mustang, but it would look horrible. its not worth the money to put flaps on your car especially if you're a big clean freak and clean your car everyday. you're still gonna get dirt or mud on the back anyway, especially if you have wheel spacers, or wide rear rims.
v6stang04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:10 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

I think a lot of people will hate me for this but I say go for them. If you live in an area where you sling a lot of mud and road grime, or you just like spinning tires they can't hurt right? If you ever want to have more of a sporty look then just take them off.

I think those back seats weigh around 70lbs, it would definitely help offset the weight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2010, 09:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

70lbs?? yeah that would make a HUGE difference..from what i saw in the picture of the deletes..people could still sit in the back? just without comfort? or does delete mean DELETE haha

oh also could you still fold down the cover or whatever to get into the trunk fro inside the car? would make dealin with my subs easy
Old 01-04-2010, 09:26 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

Don't quote me on the weight though, but those seats weigh more than you think. I also assume the back rests are still attached to a metal frame. Just remember that some weight will be added back in with the rear seat deletes, which is usually made of MDF.

As for people sitting back there, the deletes just offer a cover for the exposed frame, so for safety reasons I will say that is an ACTUAL DELETE, remember you will not have seat belts back there anymore as well. Otherwise you could think of them as really uncomfortable seats (like a bench seat or a pew).
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

if you have a convertible youll loose about 20lbs., and if you have a coupe youll loose around 50. are you planning on doing a lot of drag racing, or just street racing. the delete would be nice, im wanting to do the same thing, but for safety reasons, i wouldnt let anyone ride in the back. its personal preference i guess.
v6stang04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:08 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Mud flaps are nice to help keep dirt, grime, mud and rocks off your rear bumper...if you have stock 7.5" wide rims...anything beyond 10", forget it. I still have mine (black with the stamped pony), and I put them on with my 10.5" rims, just as much **** on the bumper. It was like they weren't there, lol.

I'd still consider a cheap set though. They will help prevent rocks from scratching the bumper and that's the biggest thing. Plus it takes 5 min to unscrew the 2 screws that hold them on. I put mine on when I take long trips to car shows and then take them off when I get there.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:11 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Here's a set similar to the ones I have. A bit pricey, but they don't look horrible like some out there:

Ford Mustang Splash Guards w/ Pony Logo (94-09) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:19 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Get a pair of Yosemite Sam back off flaps. LOL just kidding!!
big show 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:02 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackonblack View Post
70lbs?? yeah that would make a HUGE difference..from what i saw in the picture of the deletes..people could still sit in the back? just without comfort? or does delete mean DELETE haha

oh also could you still fold down the cover or whatever to get into the trunk fro inside the car? would make dealin with my subs easy
i have a delete kit and it says it does a weight reduction by 40lb, i have a 04 model v6 though so we might be different in weight, and thats a bug NO on being able to use the back seat lol, the board is real light weight and can easly crack. its more or less a new cubby hole to hide amps in or all your cleaning supply for the vechile, i love mine though! has a great sporty look!
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:06 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

they dont look good at all so you will have to decide if you are willing to give up looks for function~
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:31 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

im prob going to do the delete in a few months(going to go about my normal life and test how many people actually sit back there). not going to get flaps.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:37 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

it looks sharp to me i love it and i get alot of compliments and you dont have to worry about driving everyone around now lol, makes a good place to hide some NOS too
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:22 PM   #14
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

Mud flaps = Lame IMO.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang