Battery/engine/oil leakeage problems? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-09-2010, 01:41 AM   #1

Region: California
Battery/engine/oil leakeage problems?

Hello to everyone,

I just registered to the site so I am a new forum member and I'm taking this opportunity to also introduce myself along with a major issue problem I am facing right now...
But first,my name is Blackhawk,and I just moved to California(Sacramento) 4 months ago after living on the East Coast in NJ.I had a bad year last year...like most of us due to the economic disaster and to me on top of this was also divorcing my ex wife .I am an artist illustrator and I work in advertising doing storyboards for TV commercials.About cars...I quite don't know much at all and being alone here in CA and not having real good friends,it's hard to deal with car problems...this is why I came on this forum in search for advice and help.To make the story short now:

I have a 1995 Ford Mustang with 130 k mileage and tonight the battery died on me on the freeway.Managed to pull it off the road and waited for a friend to come to give a push-start.Battery is not completelly dead but we noticed some oil leakage under car.Didn't want to start so I got a tow truck and took it home.Is it something wrong with the electric wiring? Or oil tank,or the engine?It didn't click for the jump-start.We tried many times...Did oil got into the engine?How bad is the problem? How much money will cost to fix it?I am afraid not to be a big engine issue problem...please help with an honest answer.The friend and also the tow-truck guy said that I am in big trouble with the engine that oil got into it and I have to spend big money and...I really don't know who to trust and where to go to get a honest opinion and not to be fooled and ending up paying for many other unnecessary things .Please help.Any good advice will be great.

Thanks,
Best,
Blackhawk
blackhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2010, 06:15 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Re: Battery/engine/oil leakeage problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk View Post
Hello to everyone,

I just registered to the site so I am a new forum member and I'm taking this opportunity to also introduce myself along with a major issue problem I am facing right now...
But first,my name is Blackhawk,and I just moved to California(Sacramento) 4 months ago after living on the East Coast in NJ.I had a bad year last year...like most of us due to the economic disaster and to me on top of this was also divorcing my ex wife .I am an artist illustrator and I work in advertising doing storyboards for TV commercials.About cars...I quite don't know much at all and being alone here in CA and not having real good friends,it's hard to deal with car problems...this is why I came on this forum in search for advice and help.To make the story short now:

I have a 1995 Ford Mustang with 130 k mileage and tonight the battery died on me on the freeway.Managed to pull it off the road and waited for a friend to come to give a push-start.Battery is not completelly dead but we noticed some oil leakage under car.Didn't want to start so I got a tow truck and took it home.Is it something wrong with the electric wiring? Or oil tank,or the engine?It didn't click for the jump-start.We tried many times...Did oil got into the engine?How bad is the problem? How much money will cost to fix it?I am afraid not to be a big engine issue problem...please help with an honest answer.The friend and also the tow-truck guy said that I am in big trouble with the engine that oil got into it and I have to spend big money and...I really don't know who to trust and where to go to get a honest opinion and not to be fooled and ending up paying for many other unnecessary things .Please help.Any good advice will be great.

Thanks,
Best,
Blackhawk

Welcome bro this site is great i have learned alot and have had an oppertunity to talk with some of the best mustang mechanic around! we are glad to have you aboard! now we could have few problems here, you leaking oil thats not a good thing, just had that problem and mine was gaskets from no torque sequence last time we tore her down, only let someone who knows what there doing work on your car! anyway get that check ASAP at a shop, just because u seem to just be starting out as a "future gear head" and this problem can be serious so we need that leak stopped now so go head and pay a few bucks to have it done so u know its done right, unless ur up to the task! now if the car is still not "clicking" when the battery is being charged all the way we have a few things that could be wrong, bad igntion switch, or ofcourse bad starter! also check the battery for corrosion if its all crudy gets some coke or something and pour it on it and it will eat it off! corrosion is not a good thing always get that off right when spotted, now if its charged and ignition and starter checks out then check all your fuses just be sure you never know, you know what check your fuses before anything else i would hate for this problem to be a .25 cent fuse thats doing this, more than likly its not nor even has anything to do with it but just always check stupid simple stuff first no matter what kinda mr know it all tells you dont worry about it! well this is a long one but keep me posted me and if you ever get bored down there u can always find soemthing to do in here and maybe even learn a thing or 2 lol! God bless brotha!
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:50 AM   #3

Region: California
Re: Battery/engine/oil leakeage problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebs5408 View Post
Welcome bro this site is great i have learned alot and have had an oppertunity to talk with some of the best mustang mechanic around! we are glad to have you aboard! now we could have few problems here, you leaking oil thats not a good thing, just had that problem and mine was gaskets from no torque sequence last time we tore her down, only let someone who knows what there doing work on your car! anyway get that check ASAP at a shop, just because u seem to just be starting out as a "future gear head" and this problem can be serious so we need that leak stopped now so go head and pay a few bucks to have it done so u know its done right, unless ur up to the task! now if the car is still not "clicking" when the battery is being charged all the way we have a few things that could be wrong, bad igntion switch, or ofcourse bad starter! also check the battery for corrosion if its all crudy gets some coke or something and pour it on it and it will eat it off! corrosion is not a good thing always get that off right when spotted, now if its charged and ignition and starter checks out then check all your fuses just be sure you never know, you know what check your fuses before anything else i would hate for this problem to be a .25 cent fuse thats doing this, more than likly its not nor even has anything to do with it but just always check stupid simple stuff first no matter what kinda mr know it all tells you dont worry about it! well this is a long one but keep me posted me and if you ever get bored down there u can always find soemthing to do in here and maybe even learn a thing or 2 lol! God bless brotha!
Hi there friend and thanks for the answer.I'll do this and though I don't know much about cars( being such a zero the hero in the matter)I believe you could be right about everything you say.But my problem is bigger than what I have with the car in this situation:
Where to find a decent and honest auto shop that will do these things and not guessing what might be or might not be the problem and for the matter a GOOD mechanic and not a shop trying to rip me off??..would be nice to have YOU here and look at my car and I can tell you that I trust you more than any mechanic out there....
As you already read,I am new to CA state and the town I'm living in and especially to auto shop and friends knowing a damn good honest place where I could go and fix the car...but I'll look around and try to find somebody.All that I asked so far recommended me NOT to go to places like Meineke or Midas.So I'll check the ones that look more like a mom'n pop shops but I am much afraid of the costs....for once,at this particular moment I cannot afford to do anything because I don't have the money....I'll get some in a week or two but still I cannot afford more than 1,000 bucks...I hope I can find some mechanic to fix the problem in this range area and not going overboard.How much would you think it might cost me based on your experience and knowledge knowing now my car's problems?
As I told you above,I am more scared of a rip off shop or not a very good mechanic...there are many shops out there but how many are also good???
It's like in my business,we are many many artists but not all of us are in the top 10...I am glad to know that I am one of the good ones.

Thanks again and please write me back about your guess about the cost.
Cheers,
Blackhawk
blackhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang