Mustang V6 Magazine? Sounds good to me! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-09-2010, 10:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Mustang V6 Magazine? Sounds good to me!

Someone should definitely make a Mustang V6 Magazine. If you think about it, the majority of the Mustangs made are V6's, so why have us sixer owners been the outcasts of the Mustang world? Just because my car has a 3.8L V6 doesn't mean it's not capable of high performance, just look at the 2011 Mustang V6. All the little ricers with their coffee can mufflers have their own magazines with all sorts of hot models, so why can't we have our own magazine?
Current Mods: SCT 4 Bank Chip, K&N CAI, 25% UDP, ZEX 75 Wet Shot, MSD 8.5mm Wires, Autolite XP Iridium Plugs, BBK Shorty Headers, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler, 3.73 Rear Gear, Ford Racing T-Lok, 18x9 Saleen Chrome Rims Front, 18x10 Saleen Chrome Rims Rear w/Nitto 555R Drag Radials (Track).
SonicBlueV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2010, 10:50 PM   #2
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Re: Mustang V6 Magazine? Sounds good to me!

Well what are you doing sitting around the house on the puter for? Get to work son! lol!
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Well what are you doing sitting around the house on the puter for? Get to work son! lol!
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2010, 10:09 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

It's a touchy situation. I know we spent a lot of time talking about it in the other thread. Someone (or multiple people) basically has to commit a considerable amount of time, effort and money to get it started...and then there's always the possibility that it won't be successful, and in these times, no one can afford to take a financial hit like that.

I, along with many others here on the forum would love to see a v6 magazine start up, but I'm not sure that it would make survive with just v6 mustangs, as someone else mentioned in the other thread, a magazine with v6 mustangs, camaros and challengers might work.

You really have to look at your consumer base, who the magazine is going to appeal to. There are plenty of people that drive v6 and v8 mustangs just for the "mustang" name and couldn't give two ****s about modding.
Up here in central Wisconsin, v6 mustangs are driven by older women and (get this) younger guys, but they don't mod them at all. Well, some do, but they put things like altezzas and Advanced Auto Parts hood scoops on their cars. Plus, there are plenty of people who find themselves in a v6 mustang as a starter car...either for financial reasons or to see if they like the rwd, 2 door scene. Then they move up to the v8 level or a different car if they didn't like the experience. At that point, someone is not going to spend thousands of dollars to mod their v6 if they're going to buy a v8 or a different car in a year.

The market specifically for v6 mustangs is growing, but I don't think it's reached the capacity for it's own magazine...maybe an e-magazine, something in this manner to feel out a response, and if there's a healthy response, possibly take the magazine to the next step, but initially, a full fledged monthly subscription type magazine is probably not the best idea.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Agreed, more work & less talk!!
big show 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

If i was just starting out with mods and what not i'd buy it but as of now the only magazine i want is summit
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:25 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado

The point of Mustang V6 magazine would be to have a forum for V6 owners to showcase what they have accomplished by modding their sixers. And just like every other car magazine their would be advertisements. But the best part will be to have a bunch of hot models in bikinis draped all over our cars.
Current Mods: SCT 4 Bank Chip, K&N CAI, 25% UDP, ZEX 75 Wet Shot, MSD 8.5mm Wires, Autolite XP Iridium Plugs, BBK Shorty Headers, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler, 3.73 Rear Gear, Ford Racing T-Lok, 18x9 Saleen Chrome Rims Front, 18x10 Saleen Chrome Rims Rear w/Nitto 555R Drag Radials (Track).
SonicBlueV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:12 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

I think in principle its a great idea. There are a ton of V6 owners out there that dont have the same accommodations that the v8 guys take for granted. The issue is getting the target market to buy into a magazine and pay for it. Magazine sales are slipping more and more each year and its all going to go to the internet sooner or later.

I am also willing to bet more V8 owners modify their mustangs than V6 owners past exhaust/rims.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:16 AM   #9
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Many thought it was a good idea the last time it was brought up...

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/t169764/

Please move all discussion over to the original thread.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang