Need help with Clutch Quadrant? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-29-2005, 12:33 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Need help with Clutch Quadrant?

I have a 2000 5 speed. The car has 115,000 miles and the clutch was replaced approx 45,000 ago. It isnt slipping or anything like that. What is most annoying is that the clutch sticks out too far. I dont believe the existing quadrant is taking out the slack anymore? How hard is it to replace the quadrant? Can I get away with one of the firewall adjusters that I have seen in some of the other threads?
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2005, 01:31 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Re: Need help with Clutch Quadrant?

it should not be too hrd to replace the quadrant, just a lile cramped in there
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 01:35 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

if the stock quadrent IS taking up the slack the petal will stick out farther. You can buy a quadrent and firewall adjuster, but.... if you drop the petal it will just flop back and forth....

You can self adjust the stock quadrent by pulling up on the pawl gear while holding the clutch down adn easing it out, or just pulling up on the pawl gear to drop the tension on the clutch (the pawl gear is a half moon shaped like gear at the back of the plastic quadrent, which is located above your gas petal.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2005, 02:01 PM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

You can also just lift up on the clutch pedal real hard till you hear a click...that will be the quadrant adjusting itself.

none the less, get an aftermarket quadrant anyhow. They have better cable symetries and other big words that make the clutch pedal feel better and smoother and they are not made of cheep plastic that can, and probably will eventually, break teeth.

If you do get a quadrant and firewall adjuster and still don't like the location of the clutch pedal, you can get the alignment kit from maximum motorsports that will let you drop the pedal down even with the brake pedal so you don't have to put your knee in your dash to hit the clutch.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:32 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
You can also just lift up on the clutch pedal real hard till you hear a click...that will be the quadrant adjusting itself.

none the less, get an aftermarket quadrant anyhow. They have better cable symetries and other big words that make the clutch pedal feel better and smoother and they are not made of cheep plastic that can, and probably will eventually, break teeth.

If you do get a quadrant and firewall adjuster and still don't like the location of the clutch pedal, you can get the alignment kit from maximum motorsports that will let you drop the pedal down even with the brake pedal so you don't have to put your knee in your dash to hit the clutch.
I tried doing that, and Im not hearing any more clicks, does that mean it cant be adjusted anymore?
Old 12-29-2005, 06:59 PM   #6
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00vertstang
I tried doing that, and Im not hearing any more clicks, does that mean it cant be adjusted anymore?
Yes, that means it is as adjusted as you can get with the stock firewall quadrant.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang