SSS Terminator + Nino Dual Exhaust Kit OR Mac Dual Cat Back? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-21-2010, 10:46 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Re: SSS Terminator + Nino Dual Exhaust Kit OR Mac Dual Cat Back?

These are subtle enough by themselves:

These are not:

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2010, 10:57 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

It's a done deal she's getting me the flush ones and I actually think they compliment my cars color well leaving them unfinished; something like this.

AggieMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:58 AM   #38

Region: Idaho

Flush look great but I didnt want to remove my window so went another route, I really like them alot and you can see great out of them as well
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0137.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	21407   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0109.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	21408  

Advertisement

Old 01-22-2010, 07:02 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

I see, the flush looks more conservative but the one you have looks like it's not afraid to show off I like. I need to make sure I got some "GO" to go with the "SHOW" =)
Old 01-22-2010, 07:12 PM   #40

Region: Idaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieMustang View Post
I see, the flush looks more conservative but the one you have looks like it's not afraid to show off I like. I need to make sure I got some "GO" to go with the "SHOW" =)
Thanks, I got them at hubcapsplus.com $180.00 painted, Mine look the same as the day I installed them almost 2 years ago, I like em , JMO though
Old 01-24-2010, 10:19 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Damn UPS keeps rescheduling my 3 day shipping on my VMP sct tuner it's gonna take 6 days to get here on Wednesday SOB.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:27 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieMustang View Post
Damn UPS keeps rescheduling my 3 day shipping on my VMP sct tuner it's gonna take 6 days to get here on Wednesday SOB.
Is it UPS or VMP causing the delay, I'd lean towards UPS when it's between a vendor, but either way UPS can suck my left nut these days...they take way longer than USPS, and the local delivery driver has been leaving my **** without notices and literally dropping it where he wants...when my xbox came in, there was a big dent in the corner of the box, you could tell it had been dropped. I open it up, one of the game cases is cracked, guess what corner it was in the box. :pissed:

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:22 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

So surprisingly my tuner came in while I was off at dinner so I promptly loaded it and fired her up! According to the info sheet that came with it from VMP tuning it says I have a MAC intake but it's actually a BBK intake. I sent him an email explaining this to Justin from VMP. Do y'all think it will make a big difference?

I definitely feel much tighter shifting and better response and less lag time which is great; when it shift between 1st and 2nd it chirps and sometimes also between 2nd and 3rd haha. So far overall I'm quite happy with the results though I only drove it for about 20 mins.

I did take it to a closed road (where people usually race) and I did a couple of drag runs using my obd2 diagnostic software ( I don't know how it compares to the numbers from going to a track) but I did two 1/4 mile runs as follows:

First run:

'60 2.204 seconds
1/8 9.86s@74.5mph
1/4 14.9s@89.3mph

Second run:

'60 2.014 seconds
1/8 8.91s@76.4mph
1/4 14.5s@95.2mph

Both times my (stock) tires spun in place for what seemed like an eternity ugh =( ; however I think the software takes that into account and doesn't start until the car actually gets moving =)

I haven't had any time to look at what other people are getting in an s197 v6 automatic with a CAI and Tune but I'm ecstatic regardless; it feels so much more powerful!
Old 01-28-2010, 10:34 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

So my MAC Exhaust comes in tomorrow (at least it's scheduled to by ups) and I decided to take the current stock system off today and I was wrong lol. I drove it up on these ramps that I use to do my truck's oil change but they only provide a few inches of clearance; barley enough for me to get half way under the car but I managed to remove the stock muffler with a little bit of hassle and then it began to rain =( so I left the midpipe loose but still attached there though hopefully tomorrow I'll have enough time to install it!!! The hardest part will be getting the y-pipe attached as I can barley reach out to the middle of the car to loosen the clamp ugh. It doesn't help it's dark as night by 7pm here so I have round "touch" lights providing my light lol.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:10 PM   #45
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG

Where did you take those pics? That sprint/game stop shopping center looks familiar....
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:22 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

In The Woodlands next to Best Buy.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:03 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

ugh I can't do it =( I can't take the stock mid pipe out with such little clearance that the ramps provide so I will just have to wait ti'll monday and take it to the shop by my house and pay $75 bux for them to install it. Plus the drivers side frame doesn't have thread to bolt on the muffler hangers so they can do that for me =)

*EDIT* WOW it sounds awesome with just a mid pipe and no muffler; at least until it hits 3.5k+ rpms =(

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust