Update to the update!!!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-18-2010, 07:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Update to the update!!!!!

Just wanted to let you guys know that im back at it again! my father in law who works at ft benning repairin tank transmission and has built several drag engines! he is a REAL professional and has decide to lend his asst! were bringing the mustang to his house were this man has micrometer, compression tester, and literally everything u need to build engines man! this is truly a blessing! hes not gonna rebuilt it WE"RE gonna do it which is the best part! this man has alot of knowledge to share when it comes to engines and it will be an honor to build one with him, ppl try to pay this man to build motors for them but he just doesnt do it anymore but has decided to lend a hand after seeing how much i been through with other "mechanics" on this! i have a good feeling about this and this guy is a real pro! SO THERE IS HOPE and i know for a fact this baby will better than ever! any info or suggestions or just comments welcome! thanks for everyone whos been keepn up with me and asst. me with this! sonicpony, outlawfrog.....all u guys thanks man!
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2010, 07:45 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Re: Update to the update!!!!!

Great news man...it might sound strange, but you could almost say everything happens for a reason

So, you still going with the 4.2 build then?

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:31 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

not sure what he has planned! i think just building it back up stock which would be fine with me at this point lol!
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2010, 11:35 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebs5408 View Post
not sure what he has planned! i think just building it back up stock which would be fine with me at this point lol!
Yah that would be good...start fresh if you decide to do something.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

Old 01-18-2010, 11:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

yea man hes not playing i can tell he is equally excited! he was going through his shop tools with me tonite im tellin u this man has a gift! hes the only person i kknow that ppl throw money at him to get him to build drag engines for him but he just want anymore....i guess just not enough time! idk but i could tell tonite when he was going through everything he was kinda reallyyy getting into which really make me happy cause hes gonna make this thing better than ever! and the coolest part is hes gonna show it all to me step by step! im gonna get to measure out the cylinders and just awhole bunch a cool stuff not to many ppl get to do everyday or at all cause they dont have the tools or dont have the time! i feel really confident about this! i hope to have literally double the knowledge of what i have now about this engine and engines in general over the next week, im like a sponge im just gonna soak it all up!

Old 01-18-2010, 11:51 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yea man hes not playing i can tell he is equally excited! he was going through his shop tools with me tonite im tellin u this man has a gift! hes the only person i kknow that ppl throw money at him to get him to build drag engines for him but he just want anymore....i guess just not enough time! idk but i could tell tonite when he was going through everything he was kinda reallyyy getting into which really make me happy cause hes gonna make this thing better than ever! and the coolest part is hes gonna show it all to me step by step! im gonna get to measure out the cylinders and just awhole bunch a cool stuff not to many ppl get to do everyday or at all cause they dont have the tools or dont have the time! i feel really confident about this! i hope to have literally double the knowledge of what i have now about this engine and engines in general over the next week, im like a sponge im just gonna soak it all up!
That's awesome man, and yes you are fortunate...like you said, not everyone has the time or resources. If you're going to be around for the whole build, you should take pics and post them up, engine builds are always interesting

Old 01-18-2010, 11:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

i will def do that, probably want post a new thread about a stock rebuild but i will def post them on this one just keep anyone interested updated! i know this sounds corny and semi riceish but i wanna make this engine look good from appearence! i wanna do a color scheme once rebuit! right now my upper intake is ford racing blue....any ideas or pics on some other parts that can be painted or polish to really set the engine off!

Old 01-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:
i will def do that, probably want post a new thread about a stock rebuild but i will def post them on this one just keep anyone interested updated! i know this sounds corny and semi riceish but i wanna make this engine look good from appearence! i wanna do a color scheme once rebuit! right now my upper intake is ford racing blue....any ideas or pics on some other parts that can be painted or polish to really set the engine off!
Update!!!
big show 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:08 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

got it to the house and in the process of Porting and polishing heads! not buying anything yet to the ACTUAL problem is DIAGNOSED then has a second a opinion thrown at it and then DOUBLE DIAGNOSED! im not going threw this again lol! so far problem NOT found! hopefully by the end of next week we'll know something, im taking this one slow, idc if i dont have a car for 6 months as long as in 6 months i have a perfect car!

Old 01-28-2010, 01:20 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG

Quote:
got it to the house and in the process of Porting and polishing heads! not buying anything yet to the ACTUAL problem is DIAGNOSED then has a second a opinion thrown at it and then DOUBLE DIAGNOSED! im not going threw this again lol! so far problem NOT found! hopefully by the end of next week we'll know something, im taking this one slow, idc if i dont have a car for 6 months as long as in 6 months i have a perfect car!
A guy who builds racing engines, cant find a problem with a v6 mustang.
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:08 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

hopefully it will all work out, take tons of pics, info, etc etc and do a huge installment write up as you go through it... so many ask "what is involved, what do I buy, do, etc" so its good to say "go read this" and its got all the info you need.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:22 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcs_ssstang View Post
a guy who builds racing engines, cant find a problem with a v6 mustang.
hey dip **** no one said he couldnt find the problem if you read it im basically saying i want others opinions cause i do not want to do this again, i hear on other forums your real ******* and you ahve been nothing but a negative sob on here....whats your deal, you built a ****ing 4.3....heres a high five and grab yourself a ****ing cookie, who gives a ****! This is not some honda/dsm forum...were grown in here and are open to what others say and need help with, you have argued with almost over top thanked user and even staff members which are equal to demigods in this forum...if you dont like what we say or how we help each other out then ****ing leave or keep your smart *** **** to yourself.....and thats real motha ****a

Old 01-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #13
Road Trip!

Quote:
hey dip **** no one said he couldnt find the problem if you read it im basically saying i want others opinions cause i do not want to do this again, i hear on other forums your real ******* and you ahve been nothing but a negative sob on here....whats your deal, you built a ****ing 4.3....heres a high five and grab yourself a ****ing cookie, who gives a ****! This is not some honda/dsm forum...were grown in here and are open to what others say and need help with, you have argued with almost over top thanked user and even staff members which are equal to demigods in this forum...if you dont like what we say or how we help each other out then ****ing leave or keep your smart *** **** to yourself.....and thats real motha ****a

Come on over to v6power.net, we have "mature" conversation every day. You will also find the people who say I'm an "*******" are also the ones that say I know what I'm talking about and PM/IM me daily asking me questions!!! I can argue because there is a difference in being a "mod" or a "thanked user" and actually knowing what your talking about (read that very carefully) And I've built more than just a 4.3 lol, but all these threads you've made nothing has come out of them. How about throw up some pictures, or video, or something so people can help you diagnose what seems to be a very simple issue. Just strange you've had 1 mechanic who couldn't fix it and how some guy who has people calling him for engine builds but you don't trust him? Interesting.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:08 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCS_SSSTANG View Post
Come on over to v6power.net, we have "mature" conversation every day. You will also find the people who say I'm an "*******" are also the ones that say I know what I'm talking about and PM/IM me daily asking me questions!!! I can argue because there is a difference in being a "mod" or a "thanked user" and actually knowing what your talking about (read that very carefully) And I've built more than just a 4.3 lol, but all these threads you've made nothing has come out of them. How about throw up some pictures, or video, or something so people can help you diagnose what seems to be a very simple issue. Just strange you've had 1 mechanic who couldn't fix it and how some guy who has people calling him for engine builds but you don't trust him? Interesting.
im glad u know things thats great we all do somewhat but its how u talk to ppl...no one wants to take advice from a prick! if u have alot to offer and share thats awesome but theres away u talk to ppl we all devolped it in younger years its called home training and manners! your not better than anyone in here...you said in your PM to me that your tryn to keep me from looking stupid,,,,,how am i lookn stupid because i ask questions? i learn from others by asking thats how i get my knowledge! and YOU also said in you PM that other memebers have PM'd YOU askn if i even really been working on the car or if i really have anything or something like that i dont rememebr exactly...well i think you full of it...no one in here speaks good of u as a person and are sure as hell not gonna PM you! i think your a very knowledgable member i really do but i have NO respect for u what so ever cause u have no respect for others and are quite to cocky, everyone can still learn no matter how much they know! i have no time for MR know it alls thats how **** gets broke cause mechanics have to much pride! the SOB that broke my stang reminds me alot of you! if you wanna help....then help, but u can not just go around thinking your better than everyone else and the comment you PM about the top thankd users is just not cool, they are topped thank for a reason because they have helped ppl out unlike u...even though u actually might be able to help ppl out but no one will listen to you cause the way u act! anyway sorry for the swearing i do apologize for that it takes alot for me to snap and u been erking me for a hot min! im sorry to anyone who may read this and is offended for that my brothas i do apologize. moral of the story if u wanna help then help and i would be greatful but stop thinking your better than ppl!

Old 01-29-2010, 12:30 AM   #15
Road Trip!

Quote:
im glad u know things thats great we all do somewhat but its how u talk to ppl...no one wants to take advice from a prick! if u have alot to offer and share thats awesome but theres away u talk to ppl we all devolped it in younger years its called home training and manners! your not better than anyone in here...you said in your PM to me that your tryn to keep me from looking stupid,,,,,how am i lookn stupid because i ask questions? i learn from others by asking thats how i get my knowledge! and YOU also said in you PM that other memebers have PM'd YOU askn if i even really been working on the car or if i really have anything or something like that i dont rememebr exactly...well i think you full of it...no one in here speaks good of u as a person and are sure as hell not gonna PM you! i think your a very knowledgable member i really do but i have NO respect for u what so ever cause u have no respect for others and are quite to cocky, everyone can still learn no matter how much they know! i have no time for MR know it alls thats how **** gets broke cause mechanics have to much pride! the SOB that broke my stang reminds me alot of you! if you wanna help....then help, but u can not just go around thinking your better than everyone else and the comment you PM about the top thankd users is just not cool, they are topped thank for a reason because they have helped ppl out unlike u...even though u actually might be able to help ppl out but no one will listen to you cause the way u act! anyway sorry for the swearing i do apologize for that it takes alot for me to snap and u been erking me for a hot min! im sorry to anyone who may read this and is offended for that my brothas i do apologize. moral of the story if u wanna help then help and i would be greatful but stop thinking your better than ppl!
Respect... Its a forum online, I could really care less what you think... I don't post to be a top thanked member because it means absolutely nothing to me! Not sure when I said I was better than anybody but sure if that makes you sleep better! I post to give answers because I'm bored at work or in class. I'm not sure what your obsession with top thanked members is but you keep putting it out like it means something. Anyway at the end of the day my car runs very well, and I didn't need a nascar mechanic to build it.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:45 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

looks like the magazine is almost up and running
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:11 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by upton7 View Post
looks like the magazine is almost up and running
LOL

Old 01-29-2010, 08:43 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I apologize to everyone on this thread and anyone who keeps up with my projects or is viewing this for the first time for my actions and choice of words toward vcs_ssstang! i gotta a little hot and pushed to the limits and thats the aftermath! once again i apologize!

Old 01-29-2010, 10:02 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

It happens to everyone on a forum, just take a deep breath next time and let it slide, its the best thing and looking back you always wish you would have. This forum is about enjoying the Mustang hobby, we all have room to grow and learn and we will make mistakes and have differing opinions. Just remember the most important thing is enjoying the hobby.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:55 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

yea i know man when someone usually makes me mad i dont come down to there level i just blow it off and move on but i guess hes just one of a kind cause mannnn i lost it lol! anyway thanks spec

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang