I wanna TUNE - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-21-2010, 05:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I wanna TUNE

im really interested in doing performance tune! i wanna learn how! does anyone have any suggestions as were to start? what kinda software i could order for my laptop if they even have any, i have great patience but i lack knowledge only cause i have not been showed anything! im really interested in fine tuning my own vechiles but have not a clue where to began! if u know anything or any programs that might help it would be cool, i have a diablo i have played around with it but i have not a clue what over half that stuff mean! i wanna learn!
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2010, 09:24 AM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: I wanna TUNE

You can tune your car with your diablo without special software. You can change a good number of the required parameters with just the hand held.

I'm not familiar with the diablo as far as tuning packages go, however there is the SCT pro racer software that will let you tune your own car just like a shop would. Here is a link to it: SCT Automotive Performance Products . You would need to swap out your diablo for an SCT device like an XCal 2 or 3....but it would be able to do what you're looking to do.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:57 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

i would contact a good reputable tuner (for your car type) and see what they can do for you. I had RWTD write me a custom tune as they know my car and my mods (guy who tuned it owns a car like mine) and it was quite good.

Justing @ VMP I think does good things with auto v6's for example.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2010, 11:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
i would contact a good reputable tuner (for your car type) and see what they can do for you. I had RWTD write me a custom tune as they know my car and my mods (guy who tuned it owns a car like mine) and it was quite good.

Justing @ VMP I think does good things with auto v6's for example.
yea i contacted justin awhile back i hear he is a master of his craft no doubt but he only works with sct, told me he cant do much with a diablo but then agian i have heard ppl tuning with diablo so i think its a matter of prefernce and i prefer diablo
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

Old 01-24-2010, 12:02 AM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG

It is a matter of preference, however the general consensus in the mustang world is SCT over anything.
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:34 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

why do you perfer diablo?

a tune is a tune, no difference other than one tuner having the ability to modify params the the other may not which I doubt in this case.

Its like saying "I think runing google chrome on windows vista better than windows 7" either way is the same executable and it does the same thing~ just happens to be on a difference "hand held" device.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:46 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
why do you perfer diablo?

a tune is a tune, no difference other than one tuner having the ability to modify params the the other may not which I doubt in this case.

Its like saying "I think runing google chrome on windows vista better than windows 7" either way is the same executable and it does the same thing~ just happens to be on a difference "hand held" device.
i already own one thats why i PREFER that one

Old 01-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #8

Region: Idaho

I got my SCT from Brenspeed and its awesome, highly recommended, I havent used the Diablo but people who have it seem to like it.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:19 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBy U View Post
I got my SCT from Brenspeed and its awesome, highly recommended, I havent used the Diablo but people who have it seem to like it.
did the sct come with a "can tune"? just askin i think thats why alot of ppl go with the diablo because after a few hundred for a tuner most ppl dont have them dollars to pay a few more to have it tuned professionally lol, and i know can tunes suck but i liked mine and could feel a big difference at high rpms and it gives they customer something to keep then entertained with untill they have the cash to have to it tuned buy a professional!

Old 01-24-2010, 05:31 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

I would suggest against tuning your own car unless you are willing to go through an engine. A bad tune can cause several problems that will have your car down for the count.

It's worth the peace of mind and long-term savings to me to pay my tuner a few hundred bucks for dyno-time and his expertise.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:31 PM   #11

Region: Idaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebs5408 View Post
did the sct come with a "can tune"? just askin i think thats why alot of ppl go with the diablo because after a few hundred for a tuner most ppl dont have them dollars to pay a few more to have it tuned professionally lol, and i know can tunes suck but i liked mine and could feel a big difference at high rpms and it gives they customer something to keep then entertained with untill they have the cash to have to it tuned buy a professional!
No it was a performance custom tune from Brenspeed specific to my cars ECU and my specific mods. Just from my personal experience I wish I would have done this the first thing after I got my car there it that much difference, its like having a all new car. I have awesome right now throttle response, firm hard shifts ( I have an auto ) and back in your seat acceleration, I kid you not its that amazing !!!
Old 01-24-2010, 06:55 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

nothing wrong with the diablo, its just always best to find a tuner who will do your right and use what ever they perfer~ it does suck but its just how it is does diablo do data logging.

IF your tuner writes you a tune and emails it to you to use and does not care or expect data logs back from you to fine tune your car then I wouldnt use them.

I had mine done by RWTD who is really good, but even the tune he sent was to rich and needed tweeking... thats just because every car differs. A few data logs and updates and a dyno run will get you where you need to be. The best is alway to go the tuner but thats not what everyone can do depending on where they are. I am sure there are good tuners that do diablo though.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:06 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

diablo does have data logging i just wish i could understand it! i wish i could just find some knowledge to figure out what this means so i could do it myself, when im interested and motivated about something i usually can master it, i just dont know where to find out what all these abbirvations means and figures out how or what is better to make everything flow better, i hope to be emailing tunes to u one day bro lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang