Buying a Clutch kit - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-21-2010, 11:46 PM   #1
DEG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Buying a Clutch kit

which would be a better deal for my car since my throwout bearing is messing up i just decided it would be better to go with the whole kit than just replace one part. would the CENTERFORCE Clutch System or the RAM Clutch System be better? what would be the difference besides the price/ what would you all reccomend because i have no idea which is better? any help would be very appreciated. i provided the link to the site hope it works

Mustang 3.8L V6 Performance Parts FREE SHIPPING!
DEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2010, 05:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Re: Buying a Clutch kit

Ram Clutches for the win. i promise. my dad has used hays and zoom clutches for years and after putting the ram powergrip clutch in my stang he's started using ram. really good clutch for the price.

00' Mustang : totaled
06' Mustang : DD
83' AMC Spirit GT: Weekend Warrior
BIG_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:05 PM   #3
DEG
Registered Member
Regular

was it worth it? how did it feel after
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2010, 01:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

If your car is a bolt on only, I would just buy a kit from advanced auto. It's a new clutch, pressure plate, tob, pilot bearing, & align tool for around $150 +tax & comes with a warranty. These cars have an 11" clutch so as long as it's a new set you should be fine. If this is out of the question, I vote for the Ram kit.
big show 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:56 PM   #5
DEG
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by big show 98 View Post
If your car is a bolt on only, I would just buy a kit from advanced auto. It's a new clutch, pressure plate, tob, pilot bearing, & align tool for around $150 +tax & comes with a warranty. These cars have an 11" clutch so as long as it's a new set you should be fine. If this is out of the question, I vote for the Ram kit.
yeah ok but which one will be better then, the advanced auto one or the ram. im not going to go heavily modded just enough to beat some comp and still be my dd im not going to go turbo or anything like that but i do want to put several bolt ons and other stuff thaT i have in mind. i would believe the advanced auto clutch would be of cheaper quality than the ram one so which is better i dont want it to crap out on me in the future. im anticipating having to buy another throwout bearing in the future so i i know to expect that to wear out, but as for the whole kit i dont want to change it again or at least for a couple of years God willing. so which would be better from the two.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:10 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG View Post
yeah ok but which one will be better then, the advanced auto one or the ram. im not going to go heavily modded just enough to beat some comp and still be my dd im not going to go turbo or anything like that but i do want to put several bolt ons and other stuff thaT i have in mind. i would believe the advanced auto clutch would be of cheaper quality than the ram one so which is better i dont want it to crap out on me in the future. im anticipating having to buy another throwout bearing in the future so i i know to expect that to wear out, but as for the whole kit i dont want to change it again or at least for a couple of years God willing. so which would be better from the two.
well u could just get the ram O.E. replacement kit. not sure how much but significantly cheaper than my powergrip. anything ram is gunna be good quality. advanced will give a sh**ty clutch set up. it will work, but simply won't last. just give summit racing a call, and they can set u up. and my powergrip clutch has lasted me 2 years so far including several trips to the drag strip with slicks. so yeah it should definitely last more than 2 years.

as for the feel of the clutch it is pretty stiff and very responsive. it still drivable enough for everyday traffic. I recommend also getting a steeda adjustable clutch quadrant kit. its about 130 bucks.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:17 PM   #7
DEG
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_K View Post
as for the feel of the clutch it is pretty stiff and very responsive. it still drivable enough for everyday traffic. I recommend also getting a steeda adjustable clutch quadrant kit. its about 130 bucks.
what does the quadrant kit do for it i have seen it just dont know what its for?
Old 01-25-2010, 02:18 PM   #8
DEG
Registered Member
Regular

so ram is my best bet then right?
Old 01-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

ram is your best bet and the stock quadrant is plastic and most of time it strips out. it also allows you to adjust your pedal for clutch wear so u don't have to stomp it to the floor when your new clutch eventually will wear out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang