Need your articles and ideas "v6 magazine" - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-28-2010, 09:14 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Need your articles and ideas "v6 magazine"

Hello gentlem its Zebs here and a few months ago i had an idea about the v6 mustang magazine....well the time has come to move forward and try this out! 1st it will start off as an email to everyone who subscribes to it, the email will be almost like a catalog with articles from easy fixes to DIY builds! Pics of v6 of the month and pics of the actual build and maybe a few other sections, were starting out smalll! A Gentlmen by the code name Vapiant and i will be getting this thing rolled out and ready over the next few months! i wanna know if any of you are willing to type up some articles, i know for a fact a few of u will jump but the ones serious about it will be seprated because its a little more to it....the artilce u send to me needs to be in proper format and pics including of what ypur doing, im leaning toward "Quick six" as the name of the magazine or whateve u would call this lol! anyway gentlmen this our chance, we had over 1300+ and 4 pages worth comments on the orginal thread about this idea, i know some is excited about this! a coalition of users will be needed for this to take place and be done right, all i ask is keep a positive outlook on this and if u feel something could be done better than contribute or PM me! NO haters on this please! SHOW ME WHAT U GOT! give me the idea on here and if we like it ill have u format it and then give u the email to send it to, this is our chance guys!
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2010, 10:44 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Need your articles and ideas "v6 magazine"

I would start off with some simple ones like "What CAI is best for me" with info on what all the types are, how they work, pro/con of each and price quote.

Then you could get a little more in depth and discuss supercharging vs engine building pro/con and prices of each.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:24 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
I would start off with some simple ones like "What CAI is best for me" with info on what all the types are, how they work, pro/con of each and price quote.

Then you could get a little more in depth and discuss supercharging vs engine building pro/con and prices of each.
i was hoping for ur 2 cents lol, as always i apperciate it u have been a big help to most my projects
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2010, 03:06 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

the issue with mods as everyone has their own opinion about whats best and there are little to no independent or back to back tests to show this does X this other one does Y, but thats what magazines are for lol.

Also tune modifying auto trans shifting etc vs an actual shift kit, pros/cons
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:55 PM   #5

Region: Texas

Well as I am relatively new to mods myself, learning very fast though, I know our magazine will try to stay objective when possible. I like your idea about rating each CAI or insert any mod, car part, model year, what have you, and just objectively listing things like pros and cons. Lots of things will be opinions, but I think we can stay somewhat unbiased while reviewing each part or car. SpectorV PM me if you would like to write weekly/monthly for this mag. Like Zebs said, he and I will be heading this up and putting the articles together and such, but this takes work from several people also. That also goes for anyone else who would be interested in writing. For the first issue at least just list your interest level and an idea or two about an article or photo album you would like to contribute and we will assemble the parts and push copies out to everyone who subscribes. Thanks for your support SpectorV and I like the way you are already thinking!
Vapiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:16 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

i will be making alot of my personal opinions on things in this but ALL my stuff will be backed by what others have tested and done....no theorys will be in here only real things

Old 02-15-2010, 08:20 PM   #7

Anyone interested in actually getting this off the ground? Zebs and I will compile and send everything, but we need help with content. Any volunteers?
Old 02-15-2010, 08:52 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

That's going to be the hard part. In order to get something new off the ground you're gonna need info on the new generation of V6 cars.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:28 PM   #9
Road Trip!

Region: Kentucky
Send a message via MSN to 19Delta

Sure, I'll help out. What do ya need?
19Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:17 PM   #10

We need writers or graphic designers. Which would you like to do?
Old 02-15-2010, 10:19 PM   #11
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

I would also add in some extras like cleaning tips here and there.. Maybe an article about the history of the V6 and also keep up with current and future Mustangs. Kind of like any car magazine. Maybe a section for advertisements, classifieds.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:19 PM   #12
Road Trip!

Well I don't know jack about graphic design so I guess I'll help write some articles.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:04 PM   #13

Tell you guys what, pick a topic of interest and write up something about it. Research it, explain it, develop it, w/e you want to do and PM it to me or something. One to twoish pages should do it and zebs and I will get a publication out over email hopefully before the end of march/beginning of april. If anyone wants to help in any way post here, pm me there or whatever and let me know how you would like to contribute.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:42 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Engine Detailing:
Pt1 Cleaning up the crud
Pt2 Parts painting and Powdercote (summit has a kit)
Pt3 Dress up Parts

96 honda magna vf750, K&N, Vance and Hines pipes Rejetted carbs
Ninethourpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:43 PM   #15
Road Trip!

Be realistic; most people that own v6's want to know one thing: how do I make my car faster? I was going to do a write up explaining the mods from cheapest to most expensive (since that's how most people look at it).
Old 02-18-2010, 06:49 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Delta View Post
Be realistic; most people that own v6's want to know one thing: how do I make my car faster? I was going to do a write up explaining the mods from cheapest to most expensive (since that's how most people look at it).
sounds about right lol, most ppl with v6s only have one thing in common and its usually make there car fast enough to out run a GT, but if u think about it thats a horrible goal because a stock GT is slow as *****

Old 02-19-2010, 10:28 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Well delta I guess theres nothing to write that hasnt already been writen. Or it could be like most mustang magazines and repeat the same damn projects over and over again.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:54 AM   #18
Road Trip!

This is very true. And it being a v6, a person is limited to the things he can do to the engine, suspension, rear end, etc. But this is true with any car.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:59 PM   #19

Region: Canada

It would be incredible to have a v6 magazine. It seems most mustang magazine pay very little attention to the V6.
Spitfire_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:37 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Well Im going to do a Full exhaust swap within a month. Headers back to exhaust tips. Should i do a writeup? or is their already one?

Old 03-20-2010, 04:40 PM   #21

Please do a full write up on it! Sounds like a great idea! Not enough people have volunteered to add their two cents to this so our time frame may have to be pushed back but I am more than willing to follow through and get this publication out somehow or other.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:38 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapiant View Post
Please do a full write up on it! Sounds like a great idea! Not enough people have volunteered to add their two cents to this so our time frame may have to be pushed back but I am more than willing to follow through and get this publication out somehow or other.
im documenting mine to throw in there for us......and YES Ninethourpm do a full write up but you have to have PICS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-21-2010, 12:57 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Zebs i got a Sony DVD camera, Sony Digital camera and a 2MP photo cell phone I got it covered.

I plan to wrap the headers and paint all NON stainless parts with high heat.
want that added.

What do you suggest i take photos of?

Old 03-21-2010, 04:21 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina

where do i get my name on the e-mail list i'm very happy to see this come out
Billet fuel door, Daiblo 91 Tune, Xenon ram air hood scoop, MAC performance direct fit headers, 3" 304 SS Dual exhaust, hood pin appearance kit, Red l.E.D. underbody lights, Boy Racer rear wing, Helix power tower plus Throttle body spacer, ventvisor deflector, Aeroform chin spoiler, SVT 18" 9.5 45/255 frount SVT 18" 9.5 40/285 rear trire , GTO rear blackout kit, OEM rear splash guards, Steeda CAI, 8.8 rear axle with 3.73.1 LSD, killer Glass Hose, Smoked Window Louvers by GT Styling 35% Tenting on rear and side windows.
2007STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:18 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Vermont

You may want to consider older sixers 60's 70s' and 80's there is a ton of old I6's out there, even in the foxes. Also maybe don't leave out the poor old 4 bangers like SVO's. Maybe a tech section like audio, performance, and interior and exterior mods. Replacing carpet seat upholstery headliners ext...

02 GT 5 spd. Best 1/4 12.28 @ 112mph
67mustang97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:48 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

honestly if i start it up anytime soon it will just be 94-09 v6 mustang....i would like to do a whole spread how ford evolved the "6 cylinder" to a beast....3.8/3.9/ to the amazing 4.0....i just get a kick how a new v6 has just as much power as an older GT! well almost all 99-04 v6 have almost just as much power as the 94-98 GTs just because ford went with the split port instead of single port heads....anyway sorry to get in a ramble but it will start off simple 94-2009 v6 mustangs!

Old 03-25-2010, 12:00 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts

i think this would be a sick idea. i wanna sign up for it when your ready to put stuff out there. everyday i search for different things i can do to my car and i dont always find different things. but this way, if you do the articles and eventually a magazine i will know if what i already bought is good and if what im thinking about is a good idea too.

but i know some about graphic design, havent done any in a while but i was good at it when i was doing it for a while.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:38 AM   #28

Hey guys im new to the site infact this is my first post...this idea about the v6 magazine has got me fired up...I havn't done much to my mustang yet but im working on it and im going to document the entire modification and restoration of my car. I have already got alot of great ideas and the whole know how to get this off the ground quick...i just need articles and pics...
jeholley89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:46 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

i swear if theres a recuriter of the month than its ME LOL....anyway WELCOME BRO...if u need any help let me know if u have any questions fire away!

Old 03-25-2010, 11:34 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Zebs, look for an PM from me within the next 2 weeks or so. I possibly have an interesting business proposition for you.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:39 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

lol i have gotten alot of them since this thing started lol...everyone has big plans but wants to use my restaurant to fund it lol...is there any other business owners here that are members? maybe we can put some extra capital aside for this project!

Old 03-28-2010, 01:01 PM   #32

Region: Canada

I think lots of the questions people ask on these forms would make for great articles.
Spitfire_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:19 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Hey Id love to help out, im on this site every day, either at work or home. I would kinda like the job of finding mustangs and getting pictures of them and explaining whats done to them.. maybe interviewing the owners.. PM me and tell me if u need ne thing and IM GAME.. LoL, Ive been waiting for this forever...
Stumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:30 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Ordered Mac LTs, Mac catted H , Mac GT catback , New Bosch O2 sensors, Header wrap, and SCT livewire w/ BamaChips Tune this weekend. Soon as the UPS man gets hear I'll start the write up.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:00 PM   #35
Road Trip!

Well, as soon as my stupid injectors get here, I'll start mine as well. It seems like it takes AM forever to ship stuff anymore.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang