what should my hp be - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:52 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
what should my hp be

ok the stock super coupe has hp/210@4000 and tq/310@2600 the compression ratio is 8.2
the stock 96 mustang has hp/150@4000 and tq/215@2750 the compression ratio is 9.0
how much hp/tq should my car get with the sc top end and the 96 mustang bottem end just wanting an idea. and the supercharger is stock at 12 psi
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2010, 06:54 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: what should my hp be

You car will probably be around 185/230 tops.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:12 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

Yea, the supercoupe stuff doesnt tend to prove good gains overall, probably 200rwhp/250rwtq or so.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2010, 08:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

????? really i though he would be pushing was more TQ than that....that sucks, i bet if u upgraded those heads u could squeeze more power!
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:49 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

ok peeps your gonna laugh your asses off and make fun of me but heres the reason for the build my story. i like to race ive owned several quick cars 2 mazdas i built, an mx6 and a 626 both v6 5 speeds never lost a race with either i killed hondas etc. and never lost a race to a mustang gt i run a gt down hwy 30 barried my 626 at 147 mph (ran out of gear) and he couldnt pass i did lose 2 a sn95 cobra but only by 1 1/2 cars no **** pretty good i thought. that all come to an end once people started comming out with lt1 and ls1 camaros with bolt-ons needless to say i got my *** handed to me on silver platters.so i went out and traded my 626 for a 1g talon tsi turbo put a boost controller on it and pushed 16 pounds to her i held my own against the camaros until it hit fuel cut then i fell back i modded it with a few bolt ons huge fmic exhaust i was fixing to order injectors and cams but the frame broke due to rust i shouldve paid better attention when i traded so i sold the car to a guy in columbus for $1000 went and bought the mustang i wanted a gt but didnt have enough cash and needed a ride so i settled for the v6 put an exhaust on it and thats it the rest stock i never won a race. i lined up with a car i thought i could beat, the slowest car out where we race a 95 beat to hell and back cavalier (no mods what so ever) and i drove the car perfect no missed gears or n e thing and you guessed it i lost by 2 cars. and i tell you my *** still hurts from the chevy guys riding it so hard about the little mustang that couldnt so i said ok got to get a v8 swap then i started thinking what if i built the v6 to atleast out run 1 of them even if i had to smoke the engine doing it i could at least say you got beat by a v6 mustang so i done a little research and found a guy that had done the swap he done a write up and said he pulled 265whp and 350tq out of this swap with a tune and still had room for improvements so i started to buy the stuff i needed engine and everything and started the swap every which way i turned something else needed fabricated to work because on the 96+ stangs things changed im almost done with it now and got curious of how much power i would get with it becuase of the higher compression ratio better flowing heads and other mods so i asked you guys and you tell me 200rwhp and 250rwtq well aint that just a swift kick in the *** this swap cost me power lol, i wouldve been better off putting the entire sc engine in, god i shoulda bought a v8 o'well i shoulda come and asked you guys before i started for a little more advice i learned my lesson lol
Old 02-09-2010, 11:46 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

that sucks bro.

Maybe lower the compression and see what nitrous can do for you?
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:29 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

nitrous will cure all your ills!! lol

00' Mustang : totaled
06' Mustang : DD
83' AMC Spirit GT: Weekend Warrior
BIG_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:44 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to SaturnMan8227

Ive ran the giggle gas for years. First on my Saturn. I have to finish the install on The Stang. I will tell you Nitrous is fun. And get your self a nice wet kit, NOS or ZEX

And just remember: Nitrous is not cheating. It cost 600 bucks to buy it and have it installed.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:14 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

i guess i can try it down the road i do still have the forged supercoupe block and internals but this has just been bothering me how did i lose horse power? basically what i did is take the compression from 8.2 to 9.0 on the supercoupe motor and put it in the mustang i just dont understand how its possible that i lose power. but i know you guys know alot more about these cars than i do i was an import guy. you can ask me any thing about a mazda 2.5 v6 engine and i can answer with no problem. maybe someone here can explain this to me. but on a side note i just paid to take my ged test im just waiting for them. then its off to school for auto tech classes cant wait hope i pass the ged exam
Old 02-10-2010, 06:57 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

"spray" always makes things seem to run even
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:19 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Send a message via AIM to 97Stallion Send a message via MSN to 97Stallion

you know the worst part about your car, well there is alot of things, but i don't see a cam or heads work done in your list of mods. Those are the WORSE part about the engine. You change those and open up that airway, and you will get substantial gains. My biggest problem on my car is that I have too small of an upper intake. It becomes evident when i put it on the dyno, the thing is rocking all the way to 3500-3700 RPMS and then you can see my engine starts gasping for air. Even then I'm still pushing about 220 RWHP N/A if I had a 12lb boost i would be flying, but that's not in the cards atm. Anyways, just a word of advice swap out that cam for something more aggressive and port those head and possibly put some big valves on them and you'll see your numbers jump!! Finally you got a dual exhast setup yet?

60' ~ 2.1, 1/8 ~ 9.61 @ 73.4mph
Living one day at a time!

DAMN Those are some old *** numbers!!! I need updated ones!!
97Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:50 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

yes i have 2.75 dual exhaust (no cats) headers and flowmaster mufflers. i used the supercoupe heads i was told they were better flowing and had bigger valves from a guy who had a few supercoupes in his back yard he said hes done his research on the motors. as far as the cam i run out of cash. i still have plans to build a v8 for it i was thinking a blown 5.0 with a m112 to start or maybe turbo but thats still in the research stage. i just got my g.e.d. today and im enrolling in auto tech classes to get certified so for right now thats where all my money is going.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang