IT CAME IT CAME - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-17-2003, 03:45 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
IT CAME IT CAME

WOOO HOOOOOOOOOO It came today finally after 2 months I got my 4 th Fordchip and 3rd burn for this one

Old 09-17-2003, 07:16 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to MusclesFromBrussels
man y did u have to have so many reburns im ordering my chip tommorow any advice??????
MusclesFromBrussels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 07:33 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

You are near stock and are doing it for a little power and for lifting the speed limiter and raising the govenor and giving you a firmer shift. They do that well and should have no problems I have heavily modded my car with stage 3 intakes, HP heads and High lift cam They have run into problems with a mail order tune. If I had to do it over again I would have saved money and just had a dyno tune.

Because I have been running rich since April now my cats are burnt out

Old 09-17-2003, 07:46 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

hes getting his burnt for nitrous corey. hes getting the flip chip. but yea, the mail order "dyno tune" is the worst way. its a test n try method of burning
Old 09-17-2003, 07:52 PM   #5
Road Trip!

thank you monkey u r 100 percent correct. Hoping that fordchip will give me some fast results i talked to SteveC the big fordchip freak and he said he got his on tuesday and he had ordered it a week ago. So im hoping i have the same luck. Next stop NX and a bigger fuel pump for stepping up to a 100 shot.
Old 09-17-2003, 08:10 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

making a chip for nitrous and a mostly stock motor is not that hard. Pete retards the timing a bit and returns the tranny back to original shifting to prevent the nitrous from damaging the tranny. I have a flip chip and I had no problems until I modded the engine. You should be OK
Old 09-17-2003, 08:24 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Illinois
Corey.

So how is it????
I have been waiting with you for this. Do tell...
2003 SVT Lightning #1059 of 4270
2000 Vert 4R70W
Only buy from vendors that test and stand behind their products
slvr2000stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 08:30 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

well I have found my long lost low end torque I go to a stop sign and proceeded to annihilate my tires and my Idle is a little higher but the richness appears to be gone I dont smell fuel anymore when I sit still at idle
Old 09-17-2003, 08:31 PM   #9
Road Trip!

corey i did not know that he keeps the nitrous sides shifting stock. This kinda bothers me cuz i thougth that with it i could spray thru my shifts since they would be hard and firm????? Is there anything he does on the nitrous side? Almosts seems like a waste of the extra money???
Old 09-17-2003, 08:33 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

he retards the timing a bit to prevent detonation. I asked him about the shift thing and he says the nitrous hits hard enough you wont miss the firm shift. and your tranny last longer
Old 09-17-2003, 08:41 PM   #11
Road Trip!

so can u or cant u spray thru ur shifts?
Old 09-17-2003, 08:44 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

yes you can. Just get a window switch to eliminate the guesswork so you spray at preset RPM settings
Old 09-17-2003, 09:25 PM   #13
Road Trip!

so what r the advantages of having a chip burned for nitrous and using that setting while spraying over not having a chip at all while spraying.?
Old 09-17-2003, 09:28 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

spraying and not having a chip to ****** timing can cause detonation and destroy your car especially with a 100 shot. Plus you want the advantages of the chip when not spraying.
Old 09-17-2003, 10:09 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

you dont need a window switch when running nitrous on an automatic. the tranny even w/o a shift kit will not drop below 3000rpms at WOT when shifting. window switches are good for people who suck at shifting manual cars, thats it.

and yes, steve, youll want slightly retarded timing with the nitrous for a 100 shot. you can run 92 octane and stock timing with a 75 shot, but with a 100 shot, i would prefer slightly retarded timing.

for the chip, the speed and rpm limiters can still be removed on the nitrous side. i was wrong, i thought the shift feature could remain, but corey said otherwise. i would still get the flip chip because youll still get like 10hp when running N/A
Old 09-17-2003, 10:09 PM   #16
Road Trip!

so basically its more of a safety thing by getting this chip burned on the n2o side the timing adjustment along with the 155 fuel pump i will be safer running the 100 shot
Old 09-17-2003, 10:13 PM   #17
Road Trip!

im still ordering the flip chip tommorow i just hope fordchip gets it to me on time
Old 09-17-2003, 10:52 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusclesFromBrussels
so basically its more of a safety thing by getting this chip burned on the n2o side the timing adjustment along with the 155 fuel pump i will be safer running the 100 shot
thats a big 10-4 rodger
Old 09-18-2003, 05:45 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey
thats a big 10-4 rodger

HAHAHAHHAH Monkey is also well versed in the CB lingo
Old 09-19-2003, 09:39 AM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Well lets see 2 days after changing my F-4 Fordchip the car runs much better but I have a engine light and it is the same code from 4 chips ago they I guess they forgot when burning this chip.

when I give it gas and release the throttle the RPM hang for about 3 seconds before dropping to 1000 RPM

When I am at a stop and release the brake the car will jump to 1300 RPM and I am going down the road around 15 without putting my foot on the gas

I am about over the constant hassles ARR : GGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Old 09-19-2003, 11:55 AM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

hey corey, i think its time that you sent them a letter, and told them to flow out to SC and dyno tune your car. this is the 4thi chip, and youre still having problems.

either that, or just look for a shop around that does dynotunes, and have them record all the data and fax it to fordchip, or even ahve pete or jerry from fordchip on the phone while doing the dyno tune. that way they can get all the data, and you get your dynotuned chip
Old 09-19-2003, 12:11 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

well I have dynoed and had the info sent to Fordchip. I have 750 in this chip already I cannot really afford to dump this chip and get a dyno tune. Back when Jerry went to Atlanta a few months back they did not tell me and what was funny I was on the phone with Pete 3 days before the event and never mentioned it to me DAMMIT. I have sent letters and called Pete 2 times over the last 2 days. They are off tuning somewhere. I am in need of a dyno tune

But on the bright side I work for a Aerospace company and there is a closed runway here. At lunch I decided to see how it performs well I am running the 1/4 much faster and I bury the speedo way faster with alot more power coming I was up to 120MPH without even trying So the new burn is working in that reguard
Old 09-19-2003, 10:06 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to greenflash00
Dang dude, sorry to hear about the minor probs..but its great to finally hear your getting some more of that power.
Gt takeoff exhaust with Flowtech Warlock mufflers, Mac CAI, ASP UDP, Flex Phenolic Spacers, 17 by 9 Cobra R's, 275/40s all around, FMS C-Springs, Tokico shocks and struts, FMS T-loc, FMS 4.10 gears, fordchip, 3000 stall PI tq converter, B&M Supercooler, and some various appearance stuff.
greenflash00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 10:42 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
Better idea, have fordchip refund all his money then he can go to the local dyno tuner and get it done right the first time!
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 09:25 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Well lets see 2 days after changing my F-4 Fordchip the car runs much better but I have a engine light and it is the same code from 4 chips ago they I guess they forgot when burning this chip.

when I give it gas and release the throttle the RPM hang for about 3 seconds before dropping to 1000 RPM

When I am at a stop and release the brake the car will jump to 1300 RPM and I am going down the road around 15 without putting my foot on the gas
As I told you.... Don't worry about the CELs or hanging throttle. Get us some A/F and we can find tune. All we did on this one is make some big corrections to get you back into the ballpark.

We tried to make you chips based on what we know works... For some reason on your car it didn't. It happens.

You always had the choice for a refund... I never give a guy a hard time if he wants to try somewhere else locally. Some come back after trying locally

If you get us as much info as possible and possibly A/F....we will always be able to get it right. Its not rocket science but cars/quality of work/quality of parts/specs of parts do vary.

'99 4.2L 5-spd, Powerdyne, CNC'd heads, 211/.523 cam, 70mm TB, 1.8 RRs, JBA headers, custom X off-road, 90mm SCT, 60#s, Mach I duals, Ripper, PHP 8.8, Steeda UCAs, LCAs, 3.73s, Alum driveshaft, 245/45R17s on Silver Bullitts
11.3 @ 122 (ET Streets)
465 rwhp/460 ft/lbs (25hp dry shot)

12/00 MM & FFs, 7/01 5.0 & Super Ford, 2/02 Hot Rod
pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 09:36 AM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Hey Pete. I am not worried right now but on V6stangs I am honest about how my car is performing to people who are interested. All my posts are before are last emails. If you read these post I contend Fordchip has a great product and near stock people will have no problems. But as far as getting into the engine mods it is a little trickier.

I hope you guys try and come down towards this way soon. I know with you or Jerry on a dyno could fix this right up!!!

OH and welcome Pete to V6stangs. It is nice to have you here and would like to see you come here more and post.

Corey

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang