Got the fever again, Thanks Zebs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-19-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Got the fever again, Thanks Zebs

After looking at the car Zebs is wanting to buy, I got the fox body fever again. I was driving down the road today & I noticed a two tone gt on jack stands in someones back yard. I stopped and asked about it & the guy wants to sell it for $1,000. It's a 90 GT blue & gray 100% stock with 93 cobra wheels on it. It's on the jacks because of a plugged converter. It has a few dents from a ticked off ex girlfriend but nothing that can't be fixed. I will pick it up next Friday. So much for the 6 banger. Back to stock.
big show 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2010, 02:18 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Got the fever again, Thanks Zebs

5.0s are fun cars
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

post some pics when you get the car.

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2010, 08:42 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

YOUR !!!!!! MAN thats wuz up bro i wish u lived near me we could build that bad boy together! my personal email is franchise40@yahoo.com email me if u need anything bro! those MOFOS ARE SEXY I I DONT CARE WHAT NO ONE SAYS! my goal is to build a soild bottom and Twin turbo that MY baby when ever the deal is solid and it goes through, not sure if im gonna go with that one yet i been looking around! i really want a 93' Cobra with fresh coat of Black paint w/ shiny gloss and some 18" chrome Cobra rims, lowered 2.5' and clear head and taillights (not euros). but those are merely dreams my friend
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:48 PM   #5
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

Go v8 power!
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottcobra View Post
post some pics when you get the car.
Will do!!
Old 02-19-2010, 11:08 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebs5408 View Post
YOUR !!!!!! MAN thats wuz up bro i wish u lived near me we could build that bad boy together! my personal email is franchise40@yahoo.com email me if u need anything bro! those MOFOS ARE SEXY I I DONT CARE WHAT NO ONE SAYS! my goal is to build a soild bottom and Twin turbo that MY baby when ever the deal is solid and it goes through, not sure if im gonna go with that one yet i been looking around! i really want a 93' Cobra with fresh coat of Black paint w/ shiny gloss and some 18" chrome Cobra rims, lowered 2.5' and clear head and taillights (not euros). but those are merely dreams my friend
I've been waiting for you to chime in LOL.I'm going to take care of the body work first. Then all the regular maintenance & make sure everybody's home. Then the mods will start. I'm with you on the 93 cobra the best looking fox made IMO. I love the two Gt's so I'm going to stick with it. It's going to look completely stock but lowered with some type of wheels haven't decided yet.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:09 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Go v8 power!
Agree 100%, I was def going to mod the v6 but this is a way cheaper route to go.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:53 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by big show 98 View Post
Agree 100%, I was def going to mod the v6 but this is a way cheaper route to go.
Not mention it'll sound way better, even in stock form. That's my only beef with the v6's (and yes, I'm saying this despite owning one), you can make them 1000hp v10 killers, but they'll still sound like a zipper above 2800rpms.

Anyways, congrats on the find...should be fun. Keep us updated.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:28 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
Not mention it'll sound way better, even in stock form. That's my only beef with the v6's (and yes, I'm saying this despite owning one), you can make them 1000hp v10 killers, but they'll still sound like a zipper above 2800rpms.

Anyways, congrats on the find...should be fun. Keep us updated.
that foxs sound better than any other mustang to me! man the o/r H pipe w/ long tube headers and flowmasters.....bro its to much i cant say anymore. i need one and i need one now! i agree with bigshow i like the way a GT and cobra fox look stock, lowered 2 or 3" with some saleen or cobra rims w/ that saleen wing (heard someone call it a whale wing) those are sick! everyone should have a v6 daily driver a fox in the garage for the weekend!
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

Old 02-21-2010, 12:12 AM   #11
Road Trip!

Region: Kentucky
Send a message via MSN to 19Delta

Haha, if I don't blow all my money I have saved up on a s/c setup, I might get me a fox to drive daily.
19Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:25 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Went over to look the car over again today & talk to the owner. The car is not in running condition. I looked @ the engine really good & noticed that there is oil running down from under both heads. The guy said the car ran hot & will not stay running. The complete under side of the car is coated with oil from front to back. I also got a good look @ the inside of the quarter panels with the inside panels removes & noticed that it had been wrecked in the back before. When I lifted the hatch water came pouring out from under the interior panel. I hated to do it but I've gotta pass on this on. I looked the car over with the guys dad the other day & really did'nt get the full story. On to the next one!!
Old 02-22-2010, 02:29 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Sorry for the bad luck man but there are plenty more out there. I think looking is the funnest part anyways.
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:43 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Went over to look the car over again today & talk to the owner. The car is not in running condition. I looked @ the engine really good & noticed that there is oil running down from under both heads. The guy said the car ran hot & will not stay running. The complete under side of the car is coated with oil from front to back. I also got a good look @ the inside of the quarter panels with the inside panels removes & noticed that it had been wrecked in the back before. When I lifted the hatch water came pouring out from under the interior panel. I hated to do it but I've gotta pass on this on. I looked the car over with the guys dad the other day & really did'nt get the full story. On to the next one!!
Yah sounds like more work (and probably trouble) than you'd be want...I'd hate to see the internals in that engine...the search continues

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

Old 02-23-2010, 07:09 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
Yah sounds like more work (and probably trouble) than you'd be want...I'd hate to see the internals in that engine...the search continues
Yea keep looking bro i have, i wnat that has already been professionally rbeuilt with about 12-20k miles on it so all i ahve to worry about is my mods, im not rebuilding anything for a awhile (knock on wood) lol! yea sounds like rings, seals pretty much whole rebuild on that for which is common if it hasnt been done already but the water in the interior isnt cool, means they really didnt care at all, look on craigslist man best deals around be careful, i would have gave that guy $350 for that.........WHAT? its a rolling chassis lol!

Old 02-23-2010, 01:27 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I'm not in a big hurry, just thought I found a good deal. My wife keeps on telling me to buy a 05-09 and leave the old junks alone. I've owned quite few stangs & none newer than an 98. All have been 86-92's 96-98's. Maybe she's right, it might be time to dig a little deeper in the pocket & move up.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:01 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea I'm not in a big hurry, just thought I found a good deal. My wife keeps on telling me to buy a 05-09 and leave the old junks alone. I've owned quite few stangs & none newer than an 98. All have been 86-92's 96-98's. Maybe she's right, it might be time to dig a little deeper in the pocket & move up.
I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed with a 99-04 or 05-09 mustang. I will say though, after driving several 05-09's, both v6 and GT's, they are more refined than even the 99-04's. To me, that raw, in your face feel isn't as present when driving them.

I'd consider a 99-04 GT or cobra, they can be had for pretty cheap and are great mod platforms.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:29 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

for all you foxbody fans, if you need parts for your 5.hoe! BIG K has the hook up! sling me a pm of what ya need and i'll look @ my inventory sheet to see if i have it.

00' Mustang : totaled
06' Mustang : DD
83' AMC Spirit GT: Weekend Warrior
BIG_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:03 PM   #19
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_K View Post
for all you foxbody fans, if you need parts for your 5.hoe! BIG K has the hook up! sling me a pm of what ya need and i'll look @ my inventory sheet to see if i have it.
Well... you're going to be my new best friend if you have some good prices!

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 03:41 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

hit me up. just acquired some new goodies too!

00' Mustang : totaled
06' Mustang : DD
83' AMC Spirit GT: Weekend Warrior
BIG_K is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

« Oh Yeah | HID kit »