New Dual Exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-25-2006, 05:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
New Dual Exhaust

Yep, after all the controversy, I ended up going with true duals. Magnaflow got the call for the mufflers, partly because I didn't want a "trying to sound like a V8" exhaust note (you definitley WON'T mistake this for a V8) and partly because I wanted stainless mufflers. Ended up with new (from the cats back) pipes, X-pipe, stainless mufflers and, the pieces I really wanted, angle cut rectangle tips (just like I ran on my old Mach 1 way back in High School). $700 for everything, installed basically while I waited, and I got a lifetime warranty on everything. Sounds great (to me, anyway!), and it looks exactly like I wanted it to, which is to say, different than everyone elses. Couldn't be happier with the outcome. More pics at My Place. There's also a video of them too, but it's kind of big (12Mb), so 56k beware (if anyone is still actually on dialup these days!).

See more at 05sixpack.com
C&L CAI;XCAL2;Bamachips 93-Perf Tune;True Duals w/x-pipe
GT Bullits;GT Scoop;12" LeMans Stripes;SS Side Louvers
downtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2006, 11:13 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Re: New Dual Exhaust

Looks sweet, they did a nice job. The Magnas were a good choice over the Flows which I have heard and don't like especially for the same price. I would like to hear a few drive by clips if you ever get a chance. Now for the big ? do you feel any serious difference in power plus or minus, that system must flow some major volumes that the 4.0 just doesn't put out. Of course you are all set if you drop an 8 in there.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:54 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

glad you got what you wanted
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2006, 01:07 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Damn, those rectangle tips look pretty good on the 05's. Looks better than the GT exhaust to me.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:06 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05STANG
Looks sweet, they did a nice job. The Magnas were a good choice over the Flows which I have heard and don't like especially for the same price. I would like to hear a few drive by clips if you ever get a chance. Now for the big ? do you feel any serious difference in power plus or minus, that system must flow some major volumes that the 4.0 just doesn't put out. Of course you are all set if you drop an 8 in there.
Nothing but "seat-of-the-pants" results after a full day of driving. My take - seems to have lost nothing on the low end, it'll still spin the tires taking off from a light, and the "punch-it-to-90mph" run up freeway on-ramps seems to maybe go a tick quicker. Of course, it may just be with all that sound back there now, it just seems faster! LOL! As for the sound, well, I really wanted flowmasters until I heard them on the 6, glad I got to hear them before I got stuck with them. The guy also tried to sell me the SLP's, but after hearing them on a GT, man are they obnoxiously loud or what?! Couldn't imagine living with those on a daily basis.
I'll see if I can get some drive-bys this coming weekend, looks like we're back in the rainy season here in Texas again this week.
And no plans for an 8 in my future with this car (unless I find a rear-ended Cobra at a good price ). I'm thinking, short-term, I'll get my ZEX kit installed (waiting on the fuel rail adapter, my kit is for an LS1), and then, around the end of the year, Procharger. Something about a 400hp V6 just sounds good to me! LOL!

Old 03-26-2006, 10:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
glad you got what you wanted
It is nice to get, every once in a while!

Old 03-26-2006, 10:08 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302
Damn, those rectangle tips look pretty good on the 05's. Looks better than the GT exhaust to me.
Thanks! They actually look pretty good on Fox bodies too. I ran similar tips on my '82 GT and my '83 RS Capri. Just always been a fan a rectangles (and bein' different!).

Old 03-27-2006, 09:49 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636

Looks good man, glad you like it! I had magnaflows on my GT for a while, until I got the IRS and they had to go with my old rear end, then went to Ford Racing 3" system, way too loud for my taste, used to set off an occasional car alarm! Looks like you cut the stock bumper cover? At any rate, it looks good, sounds nice too.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:03 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Ibanezplayer272 Send a message via MSN to Ibanezplayer272

Sounds and looks awesome, hearing that, I think im gonna have to go with Magnaflow, I love the sound of it. Im glad that you take enough time to get everything about it, pictures, sound, video, all high quality so we can get a good idea of how it is, good job man! also love the license plate, haha!

2007 Windveil Blue Mustang GT
Mods : Intake, Stubby antenna
Rolls are for fat chicks
Ibanezplayer272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:35 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick0636
Looks good man, glad you like it! I had magnaflows on my GT for a while, until I got the IRS and they had to go with my old rear end, then went to Ford Racing 3" system, way too loud for my taste, used to set off an occasional car alarm! Looks like you cut the stock bumper cover? At any rate, it looks good, sounds nice too.
Yep, they cut the bumper cover. It's not even on both sides, but it's close (within an 1/8"). I'm thinking some sort of trim might cover it up, but it really doesn't bug me that much, so may just leave it alone. Funny thing is, at the shop, there was a new takeoff Mineral Gray GT cover sitting off to the side. We were going to use it, but the owner wasn't sure if the guy just left it by mistake, or abandoned it. It would still have to have been cut for the tips though.

Old 03-27-2006, 10:38 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanezplayer272
Sounds and looks awesome, hearing that, I think im gonna have to go with Magnaflow, I love the sound of it. Im glad that you take enough time to get everything about it, pictures, sound, video, all high quality so we can get a good idea of how it is, good job man! also love the license plate, haha!
Thanks! I'm definitely happy with the sound and the looks. I just wish I had a better camcorder (old *** Sony 8mm analog) so I could get video out that didn't need so much editing! Even though that vid is still over 12Mb, it was over 90 right out of the camcorder. Converted from raw to .wmv helped but not enough, need better software.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust

« Junk? | Side Scoops »