My exhaust quest is over! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-30-2006, 08:41 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
My exhaust quest is over!

Well, some of you may remember that not too long ago, I put up clips of my xpipe with my dual Magnaflow (which are in fact magnapacks! Very important fact here). From the outside of the car, they sound great, and from the inside of the car, they sound good on WOT, but at 2500 RPM, that is another story.

A lot of you gave me good input, told me to keep them, but I just wasnít happy with them. The fact of the matter is I commute anywhere form 45 minutes to 1.2 hours into DC one way every day. I spend a ton of time in this car. And the drone was simply killing me, it made the whole car rattle. Now, keep in mind that I recently added an X pipe, which I am sure didnít help. LOL.

So I began my research, and I found what I wanted. Dual MRTís!!!!! So I bought GT rear pipes, and two MRT mufflers. Well, I took one out and low and behold, I could see from one end through them to the other, just like the magnapacks. So I paused, and set my install date 2 weeks in advance with Excessive.

So I talk to the guys at Excessive, and tell them about my plans, how I want a deep sound, not obnoxious and definitely minimal drone. Well they look at my current setup while its on the lift (this is when I got the panhard bar) and Torie goes, thereís your problem, you got ďMagna-Drones!!!!Ē I was like, no, I got Magnaflow specifically cause they do not drone!!!!!! Chris comes up and goes, no, you should have got Magnaflow mufflers, you got Magnapacks, thereís a difference. And Torie goes, they are just like the SLPís, you can see through one end to the other, and says, that means more air flow, and more drone!!!!

So I looked hard at these MRTís, and decided, I better not risk it. So today I had my exhaust redone, yet again and think I finally came up with a configuration that works for me, and to be honest, it looks great and sounds great and at cruising speed, I get 0 drone. So, my solution is as follows:

-GT rear pipes w/gt hangers from KC
-Magnaflow TruX Xpipe
-Flowmaster American Thunder (GT Axle back system)

These flows sound great!!!! I was shocked! The guys at the shop said it was the best sounding 6 they have ever heard. And the icing on the cake, the mufflers are black, with 4 inch stainless steel tipsÖwhich match perfectly with my GT rear bumper, check it out:

What I took away from all this:

1. Exhaust is about youíre personal preference, if you like it loud, go loud, then do it, if you like it to sound like a bumble bee, hell, put Greddyís on it!
2. I got hung up on the arms race, I wanted that 6 extra HP I thought the MRTís would give me, but to be honest, my Magnapacks were straight through and I am not sure I would have shown a real gain.

Keep in mind I do not have the FlowMaster40ís, I have the American Thunders for the GT, which are different. I still have my magnapack kit, and my MRTís (unopened) in the garage. I am considering going MRTís to try before and after at the track to see if there is any gain, but am not sure. If you go with the Magnaflow kit, itís a great kit, until you open her up with gears and a xpipe, after that, its up to your preference. If it is too much drone, you can always put in some resonators for 30 bucks a piece, and mount them and inch or two apart to eliminate drone.

So it seems three times is the charm. Iím done!!!!! Iím very happy with the setup I have, and who knows, maybe it gave me my TQ back. I will post a sound clip ASAP!!! Iíll probably help Excepcion13 with his clip at the same time.

Final words:

1. Butt dyno: Cant feel any difference
2. Sound: Deep rumble when she starts up and at idle, stays deep until the higher rpms, but doesnít sound rice, just evens out a bit. Which is perfect, now I can enjoy the radio at cruising speeds. Then if I punch, she still roars with a deep sound!

So, Iím finally happy with my setup after a long quest and way too much money. The exhaust quest is hard for us 6ís, but you can find something you like. Just go with what sounds good.
Best 1/4: 10.97@122.09, 1.56 60ft w/4.0 V6
Best 1/4: 11.67@115.45, 1.64 60ft w/5.4 3V
Best 1/8: 7.401@92.77, 1.65 60ft w/5.4 3V
Rygen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2006, 09:07 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: My exhaust quest is over!

A. There is no gain with mufflers only levels of less restriction. Any HP claims made by a muffler manufacturer on a stock motor is Bullcrap unless it is a 03/04 cobra which have very restrictive exhaust. DO NOT BELIEVE MANUFACTURERS CLAIMS!!!!
B. Flow thru mufflers typically dont drone unless the outside case is made of light weight metal that allows flex which induces drumming or drone. Drone typically comes from the exhaust pulse being slowed down in a chambered or baffled muffler like Flowmasters.
C. Being you have mufflers in the back of the car and not under the passenger area like prior year mustangs you should have less drone anyway.
D. As far as getting back lost torque that is so small it is not even really measurable. The real restriction is the cats. They are the bottleneck in the exhaust so the real torque loss or gain in the exhaust is mostly in your head beaing fed this crap from people who dont know any better especially muffler shop people which might or might not have a highschool education.

Congrats on finding a setup you like.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:36 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

congrats..glad you found a nice setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2006, 03:01 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
A. There is no gain with mufflers only levels of less restriction. Any HP claims made by a muffler manufacturer on a stock motor is Bullcrap unless it is a 03/04 cobra which have very restrictive exhaust. DO NOT BELIEVE MANUFACTURERS CLAIMS!!!!
B. Flow thru mufflers typically dont drone unless the outside case is made of light weight metal that allows flex which induces drumming or drone. Drone typically comes from the exhaust pulse being slowed down in a chambered or baffled muffler like Flowmasters.
C. Being you have mufflers in the back of the car and not under the passenger area like prior year mustangs you should have less drone anyway.
D. As far as getting back lost torque that is so small it is not even really measurable. The real restriction is the cats. They are the bottleneck in the exhaust so the real torque loss or gain in the exhaust is mostly in your head beaing fed this crap from people who dont know any better especially muffler shop people which might or might not have a highschool education.

This is good information, thank you!
Old 03-30-2006, 09:28 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada

So let me see, I spent less than $200.00 for a dual exhaust with black mufflers 4 inch chrome rolled tips and vallance cut to match. At an idle I have a nice low pitch that turns into a nice healthy V8 sounding growl when punched including some intake moan as well and at speeds between 50 and 75 I can roll down my windows and still hear the stereo at 1/4 volume making 600 mile trips to Cali for car shows very enjoyable. Yet it's a V6 with BOSS striping and no one has noticed its a V6. Of course this changes when I lift the hood or run a best of 15.3 in the 1/4. Go Figure.

As I wrote before unless you are looking at major engine mods to go fast it's still a V6 and nothing wrong with that if you want a V8 buy a V8. If you are just looking for loud there are many set ups for this but you have to live with it and on a nearly stock V6 it aint gonna make much difference.

http://mustanglife.tenmagazines.com/...=115257&pos=12
Old 03-31-2006, 07:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05STANG
So let me see, I spent less than $200.00 for a dual exhaust with black mufflers 4 inch chrome rolled tips and vallance cut to match. At an idle I have a nice low pitch that turns into a nice healthy V8 sounding growl when punched including some intake moan as well and at speeds between 50 and 75 I can roll down my windows and still hear the stereo at 1/4 volume making 600 mile trips to Cali for car shows very enjoyable. Yet it's a V6 with BOSS striping and no one has noticed its a V6. Of course this changes when I lift the hood or run a best of 15.3 in the 1/4. Go Figure.

As I wrote before unless you are looking at major engine mods to go fast it's still a V6 and nothing wrong with that if you want a V8 buy a V8. If you are just looking for loud there are many set ups for this but you have to live with it and on a nearly stock V6 it aint gonna make much difference.

http://mustanglife.tenmagazines.com/...=115257&pos=12
I'm not trying to sound like a V8, just a V6 that has a good sound, and that is what I finally got. If I knew more, I would have done the 200 dollar route like you did, but unfortunately it didn't turn out that way.

I'm not sure I get the point of your message, it is critical, observation or just making some points?
Old 03-31-2006, 09:10 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada

Not trying to be criticle or make points, just hopeing that others read this and don't make the same mistake you did (no offense intended). Believe me I have made my share, the point I am trying to make to anyone with a V6 is that if you are going for the look that is easy, two working tail pipes. If you are going for the sound be prepared to listen to the noise day in and day out, short trips through the parking lot are impressive but as a daily driver it's another story. If you are going for the power it ain't gonna happen with a V6 by just adding exhaust, todays cars do not have a very restrictive exhaust and those claims of 17-25 hp by adding cold air intake tubes is bunk also. It's not until you add $$$$$$ or NOS that you really start adding hp and a NOS fed engine can only run hard so many passes before internals or other weak links start to break. I had a 13 sec PT Cruiser running NOS and 15 shots in 1 year is all it took to start breaking major components. To sum it all up again if someone wants a V8 buy a V8. If you want the car to win shows dump the money into its looks.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:28 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not trying to be criticle or make points, just hopeing that others read this and don't make the same mistake you did (no offense intended). Believe me I have made my share, the point I am trying to make to anyone with a V6 is that if you are going for the look that is easy, two working tail pipes. If you are going for the sound be prepared to listen to the noise day in and day out, short trips through the parking lot are impressive but as a daily driver it's another story. If you are going for the power it ain't gonna happen with a V6 by just adding exhaust, todays cars do not have a very restrictive exhaust and those claims of 17-25 hp by adding cold air intake tubes is bunk also. It's not until you add $$$$$$ or NOS that you really start adding hp and a NOS fed engine can only run hard so many passes before internals or other weak links start to break. I had a 13 sec PT Cruiser running NOS and 15 shots in 1 year is all it took to start breaking major components. To sum it all up again if someone wants a V8 buy a V8. If you want the car to win shows dump the money into its looks.
We will have to agree to disagree. I don't think you are comparing apples to apples, a PT cruiser? Either way I found your car early on in my days, and always admired it. Also, I'm over 15 shots on my car, and just had my shop check it out, all is in good working order. With the right preparation and respect of a power adder, this is doable. I have consulted with experts on this engine, how to make safe power at a safe rpm/af. Drag racing is never safe, regardless of HP. I've seen 11 second V8s blow because they have the same hyper pathetic pistions as the V6. I know a guy with well over 30 nitrous passes on his 4.0 with no issues, and over a year woth of daily driver. Like I said before, in the end, drag racing will wear down any car, if you are going to get into the sport, be prepared! If you were not than I am sincerely sorry for your vechicle loss. As for gains on the 4.0 with bolt ons and what not, I have been there, paid for the dynos and documented the gains. You sir are wrong about CAI/Tuner combos. I'm one of many that have done this for other 4.0 communities.

Good luck to you, I've seen posts where you work in if you want a V8, get a V8. Frankly I tire of it, not every one can go with a V8, but if this is the only board you hang out on, then fair enough.

Enjoy your show car. I really do admire your beautiful stang, she is quite the looker.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:05 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Actually..... in regards to the stock muffler... it is rather restrictive especially at the upper end... Alternative Auto (www.alternativeauto.com) dyno'd a stock V6 automatic with the stock muffler and then with dual GT takes off (i'm unsure if it was x, h or y pipe)...

here's what Lidio had to say:

"Although itís not shown here on a dyno graph we also tested a better cat-back exhaust system for the V-6 Mustang and found an unbelievable 10 horsepower at the rear wheels from about 4000 rpm up."

I was running a Magnaflow single axle back and we got around a 10RWHP gain... I then switch to an MRT axle back.. MRT uses the Aero Turbin muffler (www.aero-turbine.com)... Take a look at the dyno sheet... 7RWHP at peak over the Magnaflow.. then look a 5500+ RPM...

the stock V6 muffler is ok at the lower rpms... but if you want the car to pull right on up to the redline... then get rid of the stock muffler...

2014 Ingot Silver Vert - MCA Edition

MPT Tuned - MRT Axle Back - MRT Catted H-Pipe - FRPP 3.55
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:10 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Cool!!! Welcome to yet another forum John.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:11 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
well... as Rygen pointed out.... My car is holding up just fine and dandy on N20! I've probably put close to 10 bottles (or more???) through the car... I've made 30ish passes at the track? maybe a few more... over a dozen dyno pulls... we started out with the 75 shot... worked up to 100 shot... Made most of the passes at the track on the 100 shot... after a great outing in Orlando a few weeks we decided it was time to move up to the 125 shot... We'll be running at the track for the first time tomorrow on the 125... we did however play around a little bit on the streets... the 125 shot is incredible... can't wait until I try it out tomorrow at the track!! Oh... and of course here's the dyno sheet...

Old 03-31-2006, 10:16 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I'm looking forward to seeing your results man!!! Tomorrow is the day!!! I can't wait to hear how that 125 shot goes. Good luck man.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:27 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming
Actually..... in regards to the stock muffler... it is rather restrictive especially at the upper end... Alternative Auto (www.alternativeauto.com) dyno'd a stock V6 automatic with the stock muffler and then with dual GT takes off (i'm unsure if it was x, h or y pipe)...

here's what Lidio had to say:

"Although it’s not shown here on a dyno graph we also tested a better cat-back exhaust system for the V-6 Mustang and found an unbelievable 10 horsepower at the rear wheels from about 4000 rpm up."

I was running a Magnaflow single axle back and we got around a 10RWHP gain... I then switch to an MRT axle back.. MRT uses the Aero Turbin muffler (www.aero-turbine.com)... Take a look at the dyno sheet... 7RWHP at peak over the Magnaflow.. then look a 5500+ RPM...

the stock V6 muffler is ok at the lower rpms... but if you want the car to pull right on up to the redline... then get rid of the stock muffler...
First off you have already said the numbers were skewed. You are not sure if that was with a X, H or Y pipe. If you have a X or H pipe and there are no cats you will get 10 HP. I have been at dozens of dynos with just muffler changes with a Y pipes and with cat back duals and there has never been more than 3-4 HP gain. That can be backed up by dozens of cars on this and other forums.

As I said the main bottleneck in a V6 is the Cats not the muffler or mufflers, The 4 cats provide most of the backpressure also so mufflers actually mean little to backpressure with cats installed.

Until I see valid evidence of 10 HP gains with cats still on I will be rather skeptical of this data. For example I had custom dual exhaust with Dynomax Ultraflows with cats, Fordchip custom tune, UDP and CAI and I gained 16 HP and that is with a known 10 hp from the tune. That means I netted 6 hp from UDP, Duals and CAI. I have seen this over and over dyno after dyno.

Now looking at the Aero Turbine site I was rather put off by the same lame *** manufacturer claim of

Reduced Temperatures
Increased Horsepower
Increased Torque
Increased Fuel Economy
Less Engine Wear & Tear

There is no super duper magic muffler simple because you cannot scavange anymore exhaust than the engine outputs. Also increase HP and Torque while all the time reducing backpressure. WOW MAGIC!!!!

What exactly is a muffler. Well by definition it is a device that reduces noise NOTHING MORE!!!! Some are more restrictive than others in terms of flow but other than actually sucking the exhaust out of the engine flow thru mufflers will provide excellent excavation of exhaust gases. I think the Aero turbine makes for a interesting new muffler and am interested in hearing it. In working with Aircraft jet engines for over 20 years and understanding the venturi effect it probably makes for a wicked sounding muffler.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:43 PM   #14

Region: Ohio

Could of had a V8, oh yeah I already have one. Those 4.0 are great torquey motors, that respond well to boltons and power adders. If someone is just going for looks and not performance...hmmmm that sounds like a ricer or a wannabe. Don't be either. Don't piss on somebodys parade for their gains, it makes you look silly. Rygen, scrming i look forward to racing and losing to both of you "could of have a V8 guys". I will not go easy though! LOL
firestang70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 06:07 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
First off you have already said the numbers were skewed. You are not sure if that was with a X, H or Y pipe. If you have a X or H pipe and there are no cats you will get 10 HP. I have been at dozens of dynos with just muffler changes with a Y pipes and with cat back duals and there has never been more than 3-4 HP gain. That can be backed up by dozens of cars on this and other forums.

As I said the main bottleneck in a V6 is the Cats not the muffler or mufflers, The 4 cats provide most of the backpressure also so mufflers actually mean little to backpressure with cats installed.

Until I see valid evidence of 10 HP gains with cats still on I will be rather skeptical of this data. For example I had custom dual exhaust with Dynomax Ultraflows with cats, Fordchip custom tune, UDP and CAI and I gained 16 HP and that is with a known 10 hp from the tune. That means I netted 6 hp from UDP, Duals and CAI. I have seen this over and over dyno after dyno.

Now looking at the Aero Turbine site I was rather put off by the same lame *** manufacturer claim of

Reduced Temperatures
Increased Horsepower
Increased Torque
Increased Fuel Economy
Less Engine Wear & Tear

There is no super duper magic muffler simple because you cannot scavange anymore exhaust than the engine outputs. Also increase HP and Torque while all the time reducing backpressure. WOW MAGIC!!!!

What exactly is a muffler. Well by definition it is a device that reduces noise NOTHING MORE!!!! Some are more restrictive than others in terms of flow but other than actually sucking the exhaust out of the engine flow thru mufflers will provide excellent excavation of exhaust gases. I think the Aero turbine makes for a interesting new muffler and am interested in hearing it. In working with Aircraft jet engines for over 20 years and understanding the venturi effect it probably makes for a wicked sounding muffler.
DangeDude,

Are you sure you do not have Scrming and me mixed up. I'm the one that went on the Y, vs. X rampage. LOL. Scrming has always had a stock ford Y pipe in his car. He never changed out the plumping in his exhaust, only the muffler.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:38 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Reduced Temperatures
Increased Horsepower
Increased Torque
Increased Fuel Economy
Less Engine Wear & Tear

I did not believe the wild claim on the Aero Turbine site either... but the dyno graph i posted CLEARLY shows a 7RWHP (at peak) over the Magnaflow I had. This dyno sheet was done at an independent shop and paid for by me... Alternative Auto did not sell me the muffler and has no vested interest in Aero Turbine. If you look at 5500+ RPM the gap widen to 10 to 12 RWHP!!!

This is on an otherwise completely stock exhuast system! I still have the stock cats and stock Y pipe! And while I don't have an exacty number for the gains we calculate the Magnflow was good for 8 to 10RWHP...

If you read Justin from VMP Tuning's post you'll see he saw an 11RWHP gain by removing the stock muffler... to me that shows the stock muffler on the V6 is restrictive! 11RWHP restrictive! Here's his post: http://www.v6power.net/vb/showthread.php?t=25551

So if no muffler is only good for 11RWHP gain how did I get more RWHP gain than that... That Venturi effect really does seem to work.... I didn't believe it... but my butt dyno said it was there... and Alternative Auto's dyno said it was there... and in Lidio's words, "then it's got to be there..."

And yes, it makes for a wicked (as in good!) sounding muffler... I love it... Here is my complete write up, including pics (it is an ugly muffler though), dyno sheet, and some video: http://www.tammyandjohn.com/Mustang/...ng.htm#muffler

Basically I've presented the honest facts about the stock muffler on the 4.0L... whether you choose to believe them or not it's up to you...

Old 04-01-2006, 06:42 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygen
DangeDude,

Are you sure you do not have Scrming and me mixed up. I'm the one that went on the Y, vs. X rampage. LOL. Scrming has always had a stock ford Y pipe in his car. He never changed out the plumping in his exhaust, only the muffler.
I was referring to this post

I am not mad or angry I just want to point out facts that exist in the V6. I also like to point out I never believe manufacturers claims because they are over 90% of the time out right lies. Typically in the magazines they use V8 hp gain claims and apply them to V6 stangs. They hardly ever do seperate testing.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:52 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I am not made or angry I just want to point out facts that exist in the V6. I also like to point out I never believe manufacturers claims because they are over 90% of the time out right lies. Typically in the magazines they use V8 hp gain claims and apply them to V6 stangs. They hardly ever do seperate testing.

Ah, ok then. You will get no argument on the manufacturers claims, I think everyone can agree they are inflated or just not real.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:56 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
I did not believe the wild claim on the Aero Turbine site either... but the dyno graph i posted CLEARLY shows a 7RWHP (at peak) over the Magnaflow I had. This dyno sheet was done at an independent shop and paid for by me... Alternative Auto did not sell me the muffler and has no vested interest in Aero Turbine. If you look at 5500+ RPM the gap widen to 10 to 12 RWHP!!!

This is on an otherwise completely stock exhuast system! I still have the stock cats and stock Y pipe! And while I don't have an exacty number for the gains we calculate the Magnflow was good for 8 to 10RWHP...

If you read Justin from VMP Tuning's post you'll see he saw an 11RWHP gain by removing the stock muffler... to me that shows the stock muffler on the V6 is restrictive! 11RWHP restrictive! Here's his post: http://www.v6power.net/vb/showthread.php?t=25551

So if no muffler is only good for 11RWHP gain how did I get more RWHP gain than that... That Venturi effect really does seem to work.... I didn't believe it... but my butt dyno said it was there... and Alternative Auto's dyno said it was there... and in Lidio's words, "then it's got to be there..."

And yes, it makes for a wicked (as in good!) sounding muffler... I love it... Here is my complete write up, including pics (it is an ugly muffler though), dyno sheet, and some video: http://www.tammyandjohn.com/Mustang/...ng.htm#muffler

Basically I've presented the honest facts about the stock muffler on the 4.0L... whether you choose to believe them or not it's up to you...

I am going to concede that I am somewhat amazed at the Hp numbers on a stock 05 v6 with just the Muffler removed. That is just not the case on V6's up to 2004. That is rather puzzling Ford would use such a restrictive muffler on a otherwise efficient and quiet engine to begin with.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:03 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I am not mad or angry I just want to point out facts that exist in the V6. I also like to point out I never believe manufacturers claims because they are over 90% of the time out right lies. Typically in the magazines they use V8 hp gain claims and apply them to V6 stangs. They hardly ever do seperate testing.
I agree 100%... that is why i pay out of my own pocket to dyno most all of my mods! I have had some HUGE disappointments along the way... You'll notice there is nothing on my website about a crank pulley... but yet i bought one... LOL! Let's just say i was very disappointed! LOL!

I was VERY SKEPTICAL about the Aero-Turbine... i expected NO gain... i was pleasantly surprised!!

Old 04-01-2006, 08:19 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I am going to concede that I am somewhat amazed at the Hp numbers on a stock 05 v6 with just the Muffler removed. That is just not the case on V6's up to 2004. That is rather puzzling Ford would use such a restrictive muffler on a otherwise efficient and quiet engine to begin with.
you are not alone... LOL! we were very surprised too..

Old 04-01-2006, 08:48 AM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
I agree 100%... that is why i pay out of my own pocket to dyno most all of my mods! I have had some HUGE disappointments along the way... You'll notice there is nothing on my website about a crank pulley... but yet i bought one... LOL! Let's just say i was very disappointed! LOL!

I was VERY SKEPTICAL about the Aero-Turbine... i expected NO gain... i was pleasantly surprised!!
The UDP typically is going to free up HP at higher RPMs when hydrodynamics and resistance in the water pump and A/C being slowed down. But it is not much at all especially not the 10 + Hp as advertised. I like Justin share the same viewpoint that unless you have a actual vacuum to suck the air out I dont see how a Aero turbine muffler can actually free more HP that no mufflers at all. It goes against all scientific principles. This is not to say I know everything but in 25 years working in the Aerospace and Automotive field as a mechanic and in engineering the principles have not changed when applied to flow and restriction in anything whether jet engines or automotive exhaust, but I will keep an open mind and wait for further data and evidence of the claims being across the board.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust