Supercharger for V6 'stang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-04-2006, 10:17 AM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy
Supercharger for V6 'stang

Hey there,
I was looking at this supercharger kit, for close to 4k. Intercooled procharger that can push up to 50-75% extra horsepower. The 1999-2001 3.8 V6 produces 290 horsepower with the HO Intercooled System (7 psi), and 345 horsepower with the HO Intercooled Tuner Kit (11 psi). I will post the link for this. I really like the way it sounds, just would like to hear some feedback before dropping this much money in a supercharger. I want the best bang for my buck, as we all do.

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/musv6ati.htm

Thanks guys.
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2006, 10:28 AM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Supercharger for V6 'stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun JungleBoy
^ Avoid like the plague....
------------------------------

There are a couple of vids on my home computer of another member with a vortech V1. Don't remember his power levels, but I know his tune is junk to keep the power down or something.

My thought based on input I got from the same question when I was building plans for a V6 buildup....is to go with a Vortech V1 for a daily driver....and a procharger for a race car.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...t=supercharger

However, as you will see in that thread...you could also go turbo...
Old 04-04-2006, 10:33 AM   #3
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

I'm trying to see if I can keep the price down.... somewhat lol... I also don't like the time it takes to put in a turbo compared to putting in a supercharger. I'm sure john can also find whatever for possibly cheaper, but not to to sure.
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2006, 12:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

if you want a little cheaper go with the vortech kit. If you just want all out power and bragging rights for power then get the Procharger kit. Go to www.vmptuning.com and talk to Justin about the procharger kit. He has everything you will need to get the kit to work properly and safely. He will even tune it for you with a wideband that he includes with his kit. But honestly you should do some engine work before any forced induction to get the most out of the future supercharger. For example, get a H/C/I swap with some big valves... this will easily get your mustang some better breathing power and some very respectable numbers on a dyno. This will also benefit your future supercharger. Then get a nice 8.8 rear end from stangsuspension.com for the extra power. You should also get some headers, h or x pipe and a true dual exhaust system. then start to think about getting a supercharger. If you want you can do the supercharger first but all that i posted should benefit your supercharger so much more than just a stock motor. Good luck.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:45 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

instead of putting 4k into the supercharger i would get a turbocharger for less money or at least the same~ look up andy on www.v6power.net
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 03:15 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

hey spec, i just noticed that you have a borla stinger cb. I just got mine in the mail with an o/r x pipe and new headers. How does your cb sound? do you have anything esle done with your exhaust, other than the cb.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:20 PM   #7
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpomps
hey spec, i just noticed that you have a borla stinger cb. I just got mine in the mail with an o/r x pipe and new headers. How does your cb sound? do you have anything esle done with your exhaust, other than the cb.
I have the stingers as well. You can hear them in my fly by video posted this past saturday in my pic thread as well as in the idle walk around video. I also have a video from my dyno last year if you would like to hear that one.

I love the sound of mine. Nice and low at idle...muscle sounding during normal driving....and screaming at WOT
Old 04-06-2006, 04:24 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

I like them for the most part, they sound a bit like glass packs when you get on it as you approach WOT. Thats the price you pay for the muffler design (free flowing). Overall I like them
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 06:52 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

www.tmaturbo.com
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 09:13 AM   #10
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
:thumbs2:

Prepare for the need for forged internals.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang